Aussies responsible for Champions Trophy’s postponement: Atherton

LONDON: Former England cricket captain Michael Atherton said that Australian cricketers are responsible for postponement of the Champions Trophy in Pakistan. He said that the Australian cricketers association raised questions before the Champions Trophy saying there is a security issue in the Asian country while the ICC had given green signal for the event. Mike Atherton wrote in his column that when the Australian cricketers do not want to tour Pakistan then they begin propaganda that Pakistan is not a safe place. He further said that if the match is held in India then they do not see any danger. Despite bomb blasts in an Indian city of Jaipur they did not refuse to tour India as they get an opportunity of earning wealth through marketing there. Atherton said that this is their dual policy and only because of them, cricketers of other countries also expressed concerns. Thus the Champions Trophy was made a target of these cricketers’ own interests and this event was postponed. http://geo.tv/8-30-2008/23845.htm

Atherton calls Aussies most narrow-minded London: Mike Atherton, the former England skipper, has described the current set of cricketers in the world, especially the Australians, as the most narrow-minded for boycotting the ICC Champions Trophy in Pakistan. "It is unfortunate that When it comes to touring Pakistan, no team have been more narrow-minded than Australia, who, at the same time have showed unconditional love for India and the marketing opportunities it allows. They have not toured Pakistan since 1998. Bombs in Jaipur and London carry a more lucrative blast," Atherton wrote in his column for Times Online. Atherton, who was concerned by the players' power to control and change the international fixtures, was unconcerned by the postponement of the Champions Trophy though. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/atherton-calls-aussies-most-narrowminded/33832-13.html

I blame ISI.
Yep! Atherton is talking cr#p. Who the hell would want to tour pakistan if you can avoid. ITS DANGEROUS! He also in commentary recently heard him say no one should tour there as dangerous. Then in column writes this. Atherton is the cricket pundit I least respect. HE IS A **** and was a VERY AVERAGE PLAYER and A PROVEN CHEAT. I have one message for Atherton:finger:

Atherton has stayed in Osman House (Pakistan Cricinfo Writer) during England tours of Pakistan. He felt very comfortable in Pakistan. He actually liked living in Pakistan. He is not talking crap. Prime example of SL and India recently toured in Pakistan for Asia Cup. This is short interview, but to read furthermore, try in BBC. You will find a lot. First, i thought he was blabbering, but he was serious. He has been in Pakistan before.

Atherton has stayed in Osman House (Pakistan Cricinfo Writer) during England tours of Pakistan. He felt very comfortable in Pakistan. He actually liked living in Pakistan. He is not talking crap. Prime example of SL and India recently toured in Pakistan for Asia Cup. This is short interview' date= but to read furthermore, try in BBC. You will find a lot. First, i thought he was blabbering, but he was serious. He has been in Pakistan before.
:hysterical::hysterical:Not even pakistanis like living in pakistan!
Is there a greater bigotted hate monger on this board than this chump? Every time Pakistan is even mentioned this clown thumps this chest like a moron and shouts out generic over blown abuse targetting all Pakistanis in general.
Is there a greater bigotted hate monger on this board than this chump? Every time Pakistan is even mentioned this clown thumps this chest like a moron and shouts out generic over blown abuse targetting all Pakistanis in general.
this is an indian dominated forum...wat else will u expect here???
"It is unfortunate that When it comes to touring Pakistan, no team have been more narrow-minded than Australia, who, at the same time have showed unconditional love for India and the marketing opportunities it allows. They have not toured Pakistan since 1998. Bombs in Jaipur and London carry a more lucrative blast," Atherton wrote in his column for Times Online.
Whenever I hear from folks that - things are fine in Pakistan. Bomb blasts are there every where in the world and start pointing to Jaipur, Bangalore or London. It is no big deal. This is what folks in Pakistan would want to believe. What is reality? To be honest with you - how many of you would want to travel Pakistan or work there. If your company wants to visit a country which is marred by terror and violence, would you venture to travel. Forget about cricketers. You as an individual - how many of you would be willing to travel to Pakistan for 2 weeks? I work for a multi-national company which has operations in Pakistan. The expats who work there predominantly Americans, Brits & Germans - don't want to have their families in Pakistan. They work during the week in Pakistan and go back to Dubai for the weekends to spend time with the family. Pakistan is a country - which because of its nefarious policy has taken a blind eye on terrorism / violence as long as it did not affect Pakistan. Because of its inaction, the same people who were involved in spreading violence and terror across its neighbors have turned their attention on Pakistan itself. Things have gone from bad to worse. It is sad, but the sad fact is - this is true. Any major terror attack in the world will have some links to Pakistan. Be it 9/11, 7/7, Kabul Indian embassy attack, serial bomb blasts in India - there is sure a link to Pakistan. Anyone who funnels supports to terrorism will ultimately have to pay the price. Indira Gandhi used Bhindaran wale to steer the Janata government in the 1980's only to face more tougher challenges when she came back to power. She had to resort to shooting inside the golden temple that killed so many civilians including terrorists. Ultimately she paid the price as she was also killed eventually. It took over a decade to bring more positive change in Punjab. Often Pakistan points to outside world that Pakistan is a victim of terrorism. Instead of defending themselves as victims of terror or finger pointing at India for the the growing violence in Pakistan, it would be better if they take a honest assessment. I have engaged in a lot of discussions with many of Pakistani friends who also concur with the same. The first thing that people relate about Pakistan is terrorism. That is a bad. Very bad. For those who bring up Indian bomb attacks or London bombing attacks don't want to acknowledge how bad things are in Pakitan. The ground reality is - Pakistan is marred by terrorism and violence. You cannot isolate cricket from terrorism. If there are bombings every day in Jaipur, New Delhi, Bombay, Bangalore - the situation would become very dire state. There are still many foreigners who come to visit India / Britain willingly as there is a still a lot of interest in sight seeing, pursuing - business opportunities and people can still freely walk on the street without any fear for being kidnapped / killed. That cannot be said in Pakistan. Pakistan needs to change this negative perception. The general feeling about Pakistan is - no one has control on anything. Who runs Pakistan? Is it the elected government, dictator president, army, ISI or religious fundamentalist. Pakistan needs to first function as a democracy and the elected government should be in charge of everything (law, order, army, isi, religous freedom etc) and should come up with policies to turn the so-called jihadists into good citizens. The govt should be ultimately responsible for their actions and people should make the govt accountable. Pakistan would be a lot better if they channeled all their attention of promoting economic growth rather indulging in terrorism. I think it would be a lot better, if Pakistan stops worrying about India and focus more on what Pakistan can do revive economic growth, provide positive atmosphere for youth to prosper. India has a lot of problems / issues. Despite all that, there is a positive vibe about the future that India can.
Whenever I hear from folks that - things are fine in Pakistan. Bomb blasts are there every where in the world and start pointing to Jaipur, Bangalore or London. It is no big deal. This is what folks in Pakistan would want to believe. What is reality? To be honest with you - how many of you would want to travel Pakistan or work there. If your company wants to visit a country which is marred by terror and violence, would you venture to travel. Forget about cricketers. You as an individual - how many of you would be willing to travel to Pakistan for 2 weeks? I work for a multi-national company which has operations in Pakistan. The expats who work there predominantly Americans, Brits & Germans - dont want to have their families in Pakistan. They work during the week and go back to Dubai for the weekends to spend time with the family. Pakistan is a country - which because of its nefarious policy has taken a blind eye on terrorism / violence as long as it did not affect Pakistan. Because of its inaction, the same people who were involved in spreading violence and terror across its neighbors have turned their attention on Pakistan itself. Things have gone from bad to worse. It is sad, but the sad fact is - this is true. Any major terror attack in the world will have some links to Pakistan. Be it 9/11, 7/7, Kabul Indian embassy attack, serial bomb blasts in India - there is sure a link to Pakistan. Anyone who funnels supports to terrorism will ultimately have to pay the price. Indira Gandhi used Bhindaran wale to steer the Janata government in the 1980's only to face more tougher challenges when she came back to power. She had to resort to shooting inside the golden temple that killed so many civilians including terrorists. Ultimately she paid the price as she was also killed eventually. It took over a decade to bring more positive change in Punjab. Often Pakistan points to outside world that Pakistan is a victim of terrorism. Instead of defending themselves as victims of terror or finger pointing at India for the the growing violence in Pakistan, it would be better if they take a honest assessment. I have engaged in a lot of discussions with many of Pakistani friends who also concur with the same. The first thing that people relate about Pakistan is terrorism. That is a bad. Very bad. For those who bring up Indian bomb attacks or London bombing attacks don't want to acknowledge how bad things are in Pakitan. The ground reality is - Pakistan is marred by terrorism and violence. You cannot isolate cricket from terrorism. If there are bombings every day in Jaipur, New Delhi, Bombay, Bangalore - the situation would become very dire state. There are still many foreigners who come to visit India / Britain willingly as there is a still a lot of interest in sight seeing, pursuing - business opportunities and people can still freely walk on the street without any fear for being kidnapped / killed. That cannot be said in Pakistan. Pakistan needs to change this negative perception. The general feeling about Pakistan is - no one has control on anything. Who runs Pakistan? Is it the elected government, dictator president, army, ISI or religious fundamentalist. Pakistan needs to first function as a democracy and the elected government should be in charge of everything (law, order, army, isi, religous freedom etc) and should come up with policies to turn the so-called jihadists into good citizens. The govt should be ultimately responsible for their actions and people should make the govt accountable. Pakistan would be a lot better if they channeled all their attention of promoting economic growth rather indulging in terrorism. I think it would be a lot better, if Pakistan starts worrying about India and focus more on what Pakistan can do revive economic growth, provide positive atmosphere for youth to prosper. No one cares India has a lot of problems / issues. Despite all that, there is a positive vibe about the future that India can
:congrats:
Azad Kashmir is more dangerous than Pakistan. But my family have visited twice. I couldn't visit due to my career. There might be several Pakistani people who may afraid of visiting Pakistan, but not most people. Most people are dying everyday in USA and Canada than Pakistan. A bit shocked? but true. The whole world is not safe anymore. Why single out Pakistan? :--D
Azad Kashmir is more dangerous than Pakistan. But my family have visited twice. I couldn't visit due to my career. There might be several Pakistani people who may afraid of visiting Pakistan' date=' but not most people. [b']Most people are dying everyday in USA and Canada than Pakistan. A bit shocked? but true. The whole world is not safe anymore. Why single out Pakistan? :--D
are u sure that more people are being Killed by terrorists in Canada and the USA than Pakistan ? :hmmmm2:
You had problems with dsr over criticizing Dhoni..that was quite understandable with you being an avid fan of Dhoni...Why now? here he was just stating the obvious!
are u sure that more people are being Killed by terrorists in Canada and the USA than Pakistan ? :hmmmm2:
People are getting killed due to gangsters out there... Currently, many people are getting killed at the moment. No one take notice, but you make it sound like Terrorists are disease, who only are defending their countries ( their own point of view - not mine) USA is in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan, but not other way around. It was fine before 9/11. :hatsoff: Beside, at the end people lives are concerned no matter who they get killed by :nervous:
You had problems with dsr over criticizing Dhoni..that was quite understandable with you being an avid fan of Dhoni...Why now? here he was just stating the obvious!
Let's get a couple of things right here first. I'm not an avid fan of Dhoni. I'm an avid fan of the Indian Team. I'm not a player vs team guy! I could care less who was playing as long as the team plays well and wins. That includes everyone there and I don't worship any one player like he's God or something. To be honest, it's a bit juvenile and narrow minded in my opnion to be fixated on any one player whether he's in or out of the team. So if anyone thinks that I have specific players that I place a higher value on than the team then that's simply not true (not implying that you are suggesting that danramrah). The reason I defended Dhoni was simply because when any completely infantile, baseless and ill thought accusations are made against any Indian player then I will naturally defend that player as a fan of the team, just as if any chump Aussi, Pakistani, etc cricket fan made those allegations and stupid comments about Dhoni or anyone else on the team. Secondly, I just don't like biased, stereotypical statements about any race, country, or class of people regardless of who they might be against. It offends me as a person and it offends me as a person of Indian heritage when someone makes racist comments against people who we share a common history with. One could make the observation that there is a great amount of intolerable segregation and racisim in India whether it be against women, different castes/creeds and of course religions. But how would you like it if someone said Indians are all racist and don't like each other? It's crap statements like that I can't and will not tolerate whether they be against Indians, Pakistanis or whomever. If you doubt any of the above then do a search on username: "dsr" with keyword "Pakistan" and you'll see the kind of filth that's being spewed by this little hate monger troll. I challenge anyone with any kind of self respect and decency to read some of those posts and not be disgusted and offended by them.