The Symonds Saga

Even if he was racially abused by Bhajji so does that mean that he will misbehave. Here are my 2 cents , if getting racially abused at work can end your career then the whole sri lankan team could have retired long time ago (black monkey , black cu** etc) secondly, Symo was never disciplined, who called him a monkey before the game against Bangladesh or WI :hmmmm2: Sala ghadi ghadi drama karta hai, most of us living overseas have seen some sort of racial discrimination and I guess most people move on ...

Again, it doesnt matter to YOU. For most of well-respected posters it does. And so if you intend to discuss with senior posters learn the language, else be prepared to be ignored. In fact I won't be surprised if none of the senior posters already have you on ignore!
Okay Mr. Senior Poster. I'll take your advice seriously. I'll go take my TOE'ICF'L exam and let you know my score. Only if you are satisfied with my scores, I'll post again.. Happy?

$200k for Roy to stay at home ANDREW Symonds will pocket almost $200,000 over the next 10 weeks, regardless of whether he tours India, as Cricket Australia refuses to turn its back on the troubled all-rounder. More... $200k for Roy to stay at home By Peter Badel September 07, 2008 ANDREW Symonds will pocket almost $200,000 over the next 10 weeks, regardless of whether he tours India, as Cricket Australia refuses to turn its back on the troubled all-rounder. The show of faith from CA came as a source within the Australia camp revealed Symonds was not ready to walk away from the game that has made him a millionaire. Symonds's 'gone fishing' debacle has unearthed deeper issues, with claims he is losing the respect of teammates and is at loggerheads with CA over a perceived lack of support during the Indian racism saga last summer. But CA is refusing to give up on Symonds. The Sunday Telegraph has learned the governing body is prepared to back the Queenslander by continuing to pay him his CA retainer, plus match payments for games he won't play. Despite being rated no hope of touring India this month, Symonds, under his CA deal, is entitled to earn $71,400 without setting foot on the sub-continent. Currently seeking solace in the Gold Coast hinterland, Symonds is awaiting instruction from CA and Queensland cricket authorities, but it is understood leading sports psychologist Phil Jauncey could be enlisted to counsel the all-rounder. Speculation is rife Symonds has had enough of life as a professional cricketer, but a member of the Australia camp believes the controversial figure will be back. "I've spoken to him and he's going OK," the player said. "I guess only he knows if he wants to go on, but the impression I get is that he wants to keep playing. "He has too much to achieve in cricket. He's only become a regular in the Aussie (Test) side in the last 12 to 18 months. Despite all the dramas, I'd be very surprised if he walked away." CA spokesman Peter Young confirmed Symonds would receive his full pay during his time out of the game, proof the organisation is more concerned about the 33-year-old's welfare than any behavioural issues. "He's a contracted player and because he's going through a rehabilitation program at the moment, he will be paid in full," Young said. "We're treating this the same way as if a player was injured. Andrew will still get his retainer payment. "Andrew will now be working closely with Queensland Cricket. We imagine he will be doing training and fitness work with them. The details of that are still to be worked out." CA's 25 contracted players are paid on the 15th of each month. With Symonds's base deal worth an estimated $500,000, he stands to earn $41,666 a month for the next three months, totalling $124,999. Under section 9.2 of CA's player contract, which covers injury and illness, Symonds is also entitled to full match payments for the Indian series as he was a member of the most recent Test side when ordered to undergo rehabilitation by CA. Australia players are paid $17,850 for a Test abroad. With four Tests to be played next month in India, Symonds will receive $71,400. Factoring in CA's monthly payments, he stands to earn about $196,400 without facing a single ball in India. The figures represent a stunning financial investment by Cricket Australia, but it is one the organisation seems prepared to make to ensure Symonds returns to his match-winning best. One of Symonds's closest friends, Test opener Matt Hayden, said: "I love Andrew as a mate and that will always be the case. That's all I wish to say right now." A move to the cashed-up Indian Premier League is not a convenient option, with Symonds facing a two-year ban if he retires from international cricket.

Don't blame Harby, says Gavaskar INDIA great Sunil Gavaskar has opened old wounds by declaring Andrew Symonds has no right to blame Harbhajan Singh for being booted out of the Australia team. More... Don't blame Harby, says Gavaskar By Jon Pierek September 08, 2008 0,5001,6239285,00.jpg INDIA great Sunil Gavaskar has opened old wounds by declaring Andrew Symonds has no right to blame Harbhajan Singh for being booted out of the Australia team. Symonds's mental meltdown in Darwin, which prompted him to go fishing rather than attend a team meeting and later give team management a verbal spray, has privately been blamed on a culmination of issues he has dealt with this year. There was none bigger than the racial row with Harbhajan last summer when the India spinner was accused of labelling Symonds a "monkey" during the Sydney Test. The racial abuse charge was later downgraded to verbal abuse, mystifying Symonds and his teammates who blamed Cricket Australia for kowtowing to pressure from the Board of Control for Cricket in India. Gavaskar has always been willing to raise the ire of Australia's cricketers, and has done so again by claiming Symonds was lucky to escape without punishment from the Harbhajan incident after a hearing with Justice John Hansen. "Some in the Australian media are making the excuse Symonds is nursing a grievance against Cricket Australia for downgrading the charge against Harbhajan to verbal abuse and not racial slur as a reason for (his problems)," Gavaskar said. "They are blaming Cricket Australia for bowing to pressure from the Indian board when the facts are very simple. Once the video and audio recording had been stripped of other voices and sounds, it showed nothing racial. Cricket Australia knew that the charge could not stand before a qualified judge. "The next step was to salvage something, to get Harbhajan to agree to a lower charge of verbal abuse which he did despite the fact that it was Symonds who started it all with his language. "It was the Indian who got punished and Symonds got away with a rap on the knuckles from Judge Hansen." Symonds's latest indiscretion means he won't take part in next month's Test series in India. The troubled all-rounder is still weighing up his future, with friends close to him believing he may quit. If he wants to play on, he must undergo a rehabilitation course prescribed by CA before resuming.

Gavaskar is the perfect man to put the Aussies in their place
He has always been the first to do that... hear this out... there was this one-day match between india and sl in slanka sometime in 1997. venkatesh prasad has already taken 3 wickets and was trying for a few more (he ended up bagging 5 wkts). the tail was wagging a bit and venki tried a few short pitched ones. greg's younger brother and our own sunny were in the commentry box.. chappel commented that venki's bouncers were an outcome of frustration. gavaskar was curt in saying, if an aussie bowler bowls a short pitched one, yo call it aggressive and if an indian does the same, you call it as frustration... yo shud hve seen chappel covering his ass after that show down.. he he.. tat was great fun..
He has always been the first to do that... hear this out... there was this one-day match between india and sl in slanka sometime in 1997. venkatesh prasad has already taken 3 wickets and was trying for a few more (he ended up bagging 5 wkts). the tail was wagging a bit and venki tried a few short pitched ones. greg's younger brother and our own sunny were in the commentry box.. chappel commented that venki's bouncers were an outcome of frustration. gavaskar was curt in saying, if an aussie bowler bowls a short pitched one, yo call it aggressive and if an indian does the same, you call it as frustration... yo shud hve seen chappel covering his ass after that show down.. he he.. tat was great fun..
:two_thumbs_up:
Guest dada_rocks

Gavaskar is gem you won't find the combination of impeccable record with bat and without bat. What a communicator.:two_thumbs_up: I know I know some socalled pundits here like to smear his name ..

Symonds may never play for Australia again, says Board Volatile all-rounder Andrew Symonds may already have played his last match for Australia, Cricket Australia said. More... Symonds may never play for Australia again, says Board Agencies Posted online: Tuesday , September 09, 2008 at 1459 hrs IST Melbourne, September 9: : Volatile all-rounder Andrew Symonds may already have played his last match for Australia, the Cricket Board said in Melbourne on Tuesday. In a clear indication that Cricket Australia is looking at life beyond Symonds, the CA chief executive said Symonds may have well be "lost to the team" but asserted there are plenty of quality players who can fill the void. "It would be a great loss but, at the same time, one of the great things Australian cricket is lucky to have is exciting young talent that is knocking on the door, waiting on the fringes," Sutherland told ABC Radio. Symonds' absence would provide a gilt-edged opportunity to players like Shane Watson, Sutherland said. "People like Shane Watson may well get the opportunity they've yearned for so long in his absence." Symonds' career hit the crossroad after he was sent home for preferring a fishing trip to a compulsory team meeting, an incident that gave rise to questions about his commitment to the baggy green. Symond's act had the Australian leadership group enraged and CA was not amused either. On Symonds' chances of never playing for Australia again, Sutherland said, "I don't think that's impossible." "I think the message the Australian players have sent is that we want Andrew Symonds in our team, but we want Andrew Symonds absolutely committed and wanting to be there. They're really asking him that question," Sutherland said. "If he can't answer that question, it may well be that he's lost to the team," the CA CEO added. On whether the IPL money was behind Symond's change in attitude, Sutherland said, "It's hard to say. He only played in the IPL for two weeks.? "Really I think there are a whole lot of factors and without Andrew sitting down and talking through some of his issues I don't think anyone really knows the answer to how he's been affected," he added. Sutherland was also happy with the way the leadership group, particularly stand-in captain Michael Clarke, handled the episode. "I was really proud of them the way they did it. They could have taken a short-term view of it," Sutherland said. "There were obviously things going on within the team and they're very conscious of the huge program they've got coming up with a very important series against India, a big summer against South Africa and an Ashes series next year."

Symonds is Australia's Shoaib Akhtar.
:cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::hysterical:. Cant compare a Lion to a rat. Symonds > Aktar in MANY ways. Fitter, better at fielding, batting and won many matches with his batting and fielding alone. Let me not remind you how symonds smashed shoaib before :-D. Great athlete, THE BEST i have seen on a cricket field.