NZ on their way to getting thrashed by bangladesh

amits

Bangladesh as usual produce one win and then get back to business as usual. Wonder when they are going to win their next game. Moreover when you play for years and years you are bound to win a game here and there. Even Ireland won couple of games against decent sides in the WC given the number of matches they played. Bangladesh players are mentally as weak as possible. Nothing wrong with their cricket but they feel like minnows every time they take the field I think.
changing the mental thing takes time and happens piecemeal. i think its already started...the team simply choked today. but they were quite confident in the first ODI, even though majority of fans thought they would lose just like they failed to chase 199 against Australia last month. whats important to notice is that jesse ryder one of NZ's youngest players is the same age as ashraful or razzak, our oldest players. the level of experience throught the system is vastly different with most of our boys learning how to play at the ODI or Test level. ideally that should be done domestically or in A team settings. this is one of the factors which helps to retard the developmental rate of bangladeshi cricketers.
changing the mental thing takes time and happens piecemeal. i think its already started...the team simply choked today. but they were quite confident in the first ODI, even though majority of fans thought they would lose just like they failed to chase 199 against Australia last month. whats important to notice is that jesse ryder one of NZ's youngest players is the same age as ashraful or razzak, our oldest players. the level of experience throught the system is vastly different with most of our boys learning how to play at the ODI or Test level. ideally that should be done domestically or in A team settings. this is one of the factors which helps to retard the developmental rate of bangladeshi cricketers.
I thought success at WC raised expectations which is natural. Dont know if it was pressure from fans or unrealistic expectation from selector BD cricket got rid of experience players way to quick. Bashar was a bad captain bad batsman compared to ashraful but you needed his experience with bashar, the keeper and spinner (sorry forgot names) removed so quickly you were left with a bunch of semi talented but zero exp cricketers and thats the biggest reason why you were getting spanked left right since WC
I thought success at WC raised expectations which is natural. Dont know if it was pressure from fans or unrealistic expectation from selector BD cricket got rid of experience players way to quick. Bashar was a bad captain bad batsman compared to ashraful but you needed his experience with bashar' date=' the keeper and spinner (sorry forgot names) removed so quickly you were left with a bunch of semi talented but zero exp cricketers and thats the biggest reason why you were getting spanked left right since WC[/quote'] i disagree. bashar was done. some of his experience would no doubt be useful, but at what cost? his captaincy and leadership was the most successful in our history, but was also very defensive and relied on luck. i still have high hopes that by the end of his tenure, ashraful will be both the superior captain and batsman. mashud the wicketkeeper, was the best keeper we had, but in this day and age you need a keeper who can bat reasonably well. rahim fits that bill much better than mashud. his glovework needs work, especially when standing up to the stumps, but i've seen him take some great catches off the pacers. he's young and has time to improve his keeping. the only loss amongst the senior players was mohammad rafique, the spinner. we could have used his services further, but maybe at his age he was beginning ot lose it. either way, it doesn't hurt too bad since its time to find his replacement - a guy we have yet to find. will it be a 3rd seam bowler or can we find a good enough spinner? but for us, we were in a oft-repeating lose-lose situation. do you play your experienced players who might perform upto potential but whose limited talent and skills mean you will lose all your games or do you play your green rookies who have loads of potential but are, ideally, a few years away from being ready to debut at Test/ODI level? the BCB brass decided on the later, and for the most part i find myself agreeing. we had no other choice. it might still be the wrong choice, but regardless, its what we've done. i am still hopeful that it will yield results but will take 5-10 years from now. as far as the ICL players, thats more or less a non-issue though most fans (myself included) initially thought it was the death knell of bangladeshi cricket. none of those players who left could get into the national side. the only guys who hung around were shahriar nafees, aftab ahmed, alok kapali, and farhad reza. if i am not mistaken, those 4 combined barely have 30 international caps over the last 12 months. they were one time stalwarts in the side, but a few new players (tamim iqbal, raqibul hasan) have taken over their spots. so they went for the guranteed money and playing time of the ICL. same as the indian players who have no shot at the indian side and play there. can't blame any of them.
we dont have to. all we have to do is have a low level league like ICL throw a little money around and baam half your 'patriotic ' team is now owned by a 2nd grade Indian tv channel
And now a Bangladeshi becomes the first centurion of your 'Indian' league and also holds the highest score. So stick that up your fat Indian a**

You know a country is doing well when its hated the most. Seeing all the unprovoked attacks from our friends from across the border, I am convinced about the future of India! Pity these jealous souls! I can imagine these guys going red in fury, banging hard at their keyboards, not able to digest the progress we’ve made as a nation. Thank you CricPassion, you just made feel a whole lot more confident about India and her prospects. :two_thumbs_up:

You know a country is doing well when its hated the most. Seeing all the unprovoked attacks from our friends from across the border, I am convinced about the future of India! Pity these jealous souls! I can imagine these guys going red in fury, banging hard at their keyboards, not able to digest the progress we’ve made as a nation. Thank you CricPassion, you just made feel a whole lot more confident about India and her prospects. :two_thumbs_up:
:--D:--D:D:-D Our neighbours hate us. from the time they were born actually.