Zaheer Khan

DomainK

Zak really deserved this. If there ever was a case of stats not reflecting performance, it was Zak over the past year. He's bowled so well but just hasn't got as many wickets as he should have. Fontaine will be very pleased.
I won't be pleased until I see him repeat that performance in the 2nd innings. He did well, but then again he's been doing those kind of things for the past two years. Changing his angles, going over and around the wicket with great control and accuracy, bowling at speeds above 140 at times, as well as generating swing consistently. What was especially pleasing today was seeing how he exploited the bounce. For someone who's been bowling on slow, low wickets all year, to see him change gear and take wickets by extracting more bounce of effort balls just goes to show that Zaheer's probably one of the most thinking/savy fast bowler in the world today. 29 more wickets to go before Zaheer goes past Srinath to become 2nd only to Kapil in Indian bowling history. He deserves it.
I won't be pleased until I see him repeat that performance in the 2nd innings. He did well, but then again he's been doing those kind of things for the past two years. Changing his angles, going over and around the wicket with great control and accuracy, bowling at speeds above 140 at times, as well as generating swing consistently. What was especially pleasing today was seeing how he exploited the bounce. For someone who's been bowling on slow, low wickets all year, to see him change gear and take wickets by extracting more bounce of effort balls just goes to show that Zaheer's probably one of the most thinking/savy fast bowler in the world today. 29 more wickets to go before Zaheer goes past Srinath to become 2nd only to Kapil in Indian bowling history. He deserves it.
Yes, he deserves it. Very good bowling here by ZK. Great control and skill. I am also happy you have set higher standards for ZK. Indeed we want him to repeat it to get at least 3 or 4 in NZ 2nd Inn.