Sreesanth, RP Singh, VRV Singh-- Where are they?

diegovegaz

Fit VRV raring to go Express News Service First Published : 01 Apr 2009 03:30:00 AM ISTLast Updated : 01 Apr 2009 10:44:54 AM ISTBANGALORE: Things could not have been any better for VRV Singh. The Punjab fast bowler, who had been troubled by intermittent pain in his left ankle since the India A tour of Zimbabwe in July 2007, is now fit and raring to go. Singh, who joined the Test team in Australia last year as replacement for injured Zaheer Khan, had shown fine form in domestic cricket and bagged 11 wickets for Kings XI Punjab in the first edition of IPL. But things came to a head during the IPL. “I was not enjoying my bowling at that time,'' Singh said. A bone scan in Mumbai in late May revealed three bone spurs. Singh completed the series, then the Kings XI’s Australian physio Pat Farhat arranged for him to have an operation in Sydney in late June. Surgeon Kim Slater was hopeful that the big fellow would be fit for four-day cricket by February. Farhat supervised his rehabilitation for four months while Singh stayed with a relative. The paceman returned to Chandigarh in late October with a programme of exercises to follow. But he decided to leave no stone unturned and called up Dav Whatmore to see if he could attend the NCA for expert supervision. The 24-year-old entered the NCA in the second week of January and his rehabilitation began. “It’s hard to be out of cricket for seven or eight months but you have to accept it. I’m enjoying every moment in the gym and on the ground and I’m happy actually that I’ve done the hard work,'' Singh said. Though he had lost his BCCI contract in September, the Punjab Cricket Association paid for his flights and accommodation. “They have done so much for me during my hard time and I would like to do well for Punjab,'' he added. The genial quickie can’t wait to add to his five Tests and two ODIs but will take one step at a time. “I would like to play well in the IPL and then work hard on my bowling and fitness. Iam looking forward to the next season which starts in mid-September,'' he said. “The NCA is an amazing set-up for players who have got injured or who just want to train here. They’re pushing me hard, and I think it’s very good for me to get full fitness back again, and I’m really grateful to them that I am fit for the upcoming IPL,'' Singh said. “He has progressed well and has been very compliant with all the work that he has had to do, and we hope to see him back to full fitness and full performance very, very soon,'' said Paul Close of the NCA. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- So is he of any use to Indian team in future?
“The NCA is an amazing set-up for players who have got injured or who just want to train here. They’re pushing me hard, and I think it’s very good for me to get full fitness back again, and I’m really grateful to them that I am fit for the upcoming IPL,'' Singh said.
:thumbs_up:
So is he of any use to Indian team in future?
Chandan, That depends on how he does after he recovers. Probably not much use in the next 6 months, but after that depends on his perf! PS: (in b4 p_kota/flamy/h4te on perf)
"It was devastating to be told that I had been carrying this injury for almost five months," Sreesanth said. "But in a way, I am happy too that the injury has been diagnosed. There was always this niggling pain down in the back even after I was cleared to play last year. But I was told by experts in India that I was perfectly alright and was just not mentally tough enough to play again. They questioned my mental strength and commitment and even I started doubting myself. But now, I have my answer."
This has got to be one of the worst things I've read regarding Indian Cricket. One of the nations best fast bowlers was undiagnosed with a stress fracture for 5 months? What the hell are the people in the NCA, the physios, the local Kerala team etc etc doing that they didn't find this out? It took the damn IPL and foreign physio team to get to the bottom of this. In an era where fast bowlers are playing more cricket than ever, and how often fast bowlers break down, are you telling me that no one around Sreesanth was able to figure this out? What a complete joke Indian cricket is sometimes.