Aus determined, but Kotla history backs India

DomainK

Bedi, what a w anker. Does this guy ever do anything for INDIAN cricketers ? He gave tips to paki spinners Tausif and Qasim before the crucial Bangalore test in '87, a test which India narrowly lost (along with the test series). In more recent times, he made Montu Panesar his protege. Now he is helping out the Aussies. All valid grounds for DEPORTATION, in my mind.
:hysterical::hysterical:
Bedi, what a w anker. Does this guy ever do anything for INDIAN cricketers ? He gave tips to paki spinners Tausif and Qasim before the crucial Bangalore test in '87, a test which India narrowly lost (along with the test series). In more recent times, he made Montu Panesar his protege. Now he is helping out the Aussies. All valid grounds for DEPORTATION, in my mind.
I think he will help if asked by Indian team officials. Same as Wasim Akram, who helped Irfan, but who was never asked by Pak cricket personnel to help the team.

considering this is feroz shah kotla, i doubt kumble will or must sit out... mishra must miss this one, but he neednt despair, he into the thick now and he will get his day in the sun soon enough. heck, if we go up 2-0, bhajji might sit the next one out and mishra might replace him.

Cricket is not a game of boundaries (sick), restrictions (double sick) or arbitrators (ghosh i am on a roll) who can determine where and how knowledge might be shared. Bedi is a spin legend and if he is approached by a humble student, then he should not feel any hesitation in imparting wisdom.

We want to remain numero uno: Ponting The aura of invincibility maybe wearing thin but Ricky Ponting vowed Australia would do whatever it takes to remain the number one team in both the Test and limited over formats of the game. More... We want to remain numero uno: Ponting October 26, 2008 18:17 IST The aura of invincibility maybe wearing thin but Ricky Ponting [images] vowed Australia [images] would do whatever it takes to remain the number one team in both the Test and limited over formats of the game. Ponting, who received the ICC [images] One Day International Championship shield from ICC Principal Adviser IS Bindra in New Delhi [images] on Sunday, said Australia has set high standards and the challenge before his team was to maintain that and cement its place as the number one team in the world in both forms of the game. "Great challenge lies ahead in Test and one day cricket ... We have set some great standards over the last couple of years and the target is to maintain the standard and to remain the number one team in both forms of the game," Ponting said. The high expectations from the players and an excellent work ethic would help Australia retain its place at the top, said Ponting. "We have certain expectations, we need to play that brand of cricket. We'll continue to challenge ourselves and test ourselves and find out how individual players can be better as can be the team. There is a good work ethics in the team and hope we can continue that in all series," Ponting said. Having lost the shield to South Africa [images] last year, the team under Ponting went on to win 25 of the 34 ODIs -- with three no-results -- since April 1, 2007 to win back the shield. "It means a lot to the Australian cricket team. Last time, we stumbled on the last hurdle and actually relinquished the shield to the South Africans. "It has been a great year for Australia in one day cricket. Lot of great individual performances and lot of great team performances along the way. This is certainly what the Australian team strives to achieve," Ponting said. "We strive to be the number one team in the world in both forms of the game and thankfully for the last two years, we have been able to manage a pretty high standard. So, there's some challenge ahead in the next couple of weeks as we know and we are looking forward to it," added the Australian captain. ICC Principal Adviser IS Bindra congratulated Ponting on the achievement and said, "I'm happy that the Aussies have come at the top of the table again. For a while, they lost it to South Africa. They bounced back, won their series and white-washed the West Windies. They always bounce back when they are under pressure. I wish them all the best for the upcoming Test matches. "They have given immense amount of joy to fans the world over, including India," Bindra said.

Bishan Bedi, the former India finger-spinner, is convinced Australia will need to play Jason Krejza in the third Test in Delhi if they are to have their best chance of beating India. Bedi worked with Krejza, the offspinner, at training on Sunday and he was cautiously optimistic about the bowler’s potential. "I was basically working with Jason,” Bedi told the Age. “He is potentially very good but he must realise his potential. I think they will have to play Jason. They need a finger-spinner. “After Warney there is a big void, there is no doubt about that, but I think some of these youngsters can take responsibility with a bit of commitment. We shouldn't really be in any kind of haste. The results will come." In the first two Tests Australia relied on the minimal-turning legspin of Cameron White, who made his debut in Bangalore, and the part-time offerings of Michael Clarke. The Delhi pitch is expected to offer spin and Krejza, as a man who can turn the ball sharply, will come into Australia's calculations. He had fallen out of contention following a miserable performance in the tour game in Hyderabad, when he was belted into submission and collected match figures of 0 for 199. But the confident Krejza said after the match that he valued the match as a learning experience. "It was a tough game,” he said. “I knew what was going to happen in that game and I didn't bowl as badly as the figures said I did ... As a spinner there are times when you get a bit of stick and you have just got to get back on the horse and keep going. That was my attitude.”

Come on guys' date=' lots current cricketers seek the assistance of past players from different countries i.e Wasim Akram, Greg Chappel, ........[/quote'] The difference is those guys have at least helped their own country out. If Bedi had ever helped us in anyway I would not have a problem with this. But Bedi on the other hand, sits back and criticises our players, our coaches, our administration and pretty much anyone who was a better player than him and then goes and helps the opposition. He's an absolute joke in my opinion.
You're still living in 2001, Bharat. :regular_smile: To the Aussies, VVS is a walking wicket, these days.
Are you kidding me ? :hysterical: You've truly gone mad. How can someone have that short of a memory. What happened in Sydney earlier this year? Or the 2nd innings of Perth this year? He was amongst the runs in Adelaide too? Hell, even the first test in Bangalore was saved due to a stand involving Laxman. 1 bad match and all of a sudden he's a walking wicket. What does that make Hayden then? Seriously thats the stupidest statement you have made. Wasn't he among the top 3 or 4 run scorers in the last series against Aus In 2008, in 5 Tests played against Australia he has scored 2 fifties and a ton and averaged 44. Not bad for a walking wicket. If a walking wicket is averaging 44 against Australia this year, then they really are in trouble !!!

Well Im sorry for the abuse ... but after 1 bad match someone becomes a walking wicket. Seriously ... maybe you should try actually thinking about what you're saying because to the rest of the world it makes very little sense ... * "VVS Laxman is a walking wicket" * "Hayden and Ponting are walking wickets to India now" * "Every batsman in world cricket is inconsistent, except Chris Martin and Courtney Walsh" * "Ponting & Tendulkar are not consistent run scorers" Oh btw ... you told me I am living in 2001 as if that was VVS only good series or last good series against Australia. In fact that was VVS's FIRST GOOD SERIES AGAINST AUSTRALIA. Seriously, where is Rohan when you need him?