Aus determined, but Kotla history backs India

DomainK

Do you think Australia will push the panic button and beg big Roy to come and rescue them? If they do so' date=' it would be as good as admitting that they are scared. Roy is no superman though, they are gonna lose the Delhi test....with Roy aor without.[/quote'] That'll be the icing on the cake. Bhajji may just die due to convulsive orgasms..

kumble friendly pitch at kotla http://www.indianexpress.com/news/delhi-curator-promises-to-sign-off-with-a-spe.../376347/ Delhi curator promises to sign off with a special treat for Kumble New Delhi, October 21 : Radhey Shyam Sharma remembers first seeing him in action way back in 1985, as a kid representing South Zone in an under-16 competition who stood out with his unorthodox and fastish leg-spin. Over the years, the Delhi curator and Anil Kumble have developed a special relationship — strengthened further by Kumble’s historic Perfect 10 against Pakistan at the Ferozeshah Kotla in 1999, when Sharma had a heated discussion with skipper Mohammad Azharuddin during lunch to make Kumble bowl from the pavilion end. Kumble’s record in Delhi is as impeccable as Team India’s record at the Kotla and the 73-year-old man, who’s been in-charge of preparing pitches since the 1996 World Cup, can take some of the credit for that piece of statistic. The link between these two unlikely friends will see its final chapter in the third Test match against Australia — not only will this be Kumble’s final Test at the Kotla, Sharma too announced on Tuesday that he would bow out after the match. “This will be the last time I’ll be preparing a Test wicket. I have a one-day match against England before I call it quits,†he said. And, to state the obvious, Sharma’s final Test match pitch is expected to afford maximum help to Kumble. “This will be my parting gift to Kumble. Even though he has risen to great heights as a cricketer, Kumble is a lovely human being at heart. Whenever he comes to Delhi, he always takes time out to sit and chat with me,†Sharma said. “I’ve always made wickets that suit Kumble, and this time it won’t be any different.†A glance at the pitch in Kotla already reveals cracks which threaten to grow wider. The track hasn’t been watered over the past week and the grass cover on it has turned yellow under the weight of medium rollers. “Preparing a Test wicket is an art. The wicket has to last all five days and, at the end of it, there has to be an outcome. This wicket against Australia will give some assistance to seamers initially but the spinners can come into play as early as on third-day morning,†Sharma said. “There will be no dust on the wicket but the ball will tend to grip further the pitch and get more turn. There’ll be a bit of uneven bounce with the wear and tear.†Sharma believes that Kumble can exploit that... ------ It looks like kumble will play-i hope its not at the expense of mishra.

I love the fact that he is so honest ... no pretensions .... home strength is spin ... our world class bowler has always been Kumble (even though we have had some other decent options last 2-3 yrs) so I am going to give the home team a leg up. I love it

Laxman will be the as usual scapegoat. We have to make a turnbuckle of a pitch as the Aussies are almost down and out. 3 spinners should be a good ploy and Kumble's fav. hunting ground has been Delhi, if only India could manage to get Jayprakash to umpire to add insult to injury (for the aussies) :P :haha:

I much rather they not make a rank turner. Our pace bowlers have them tied in knots with reverse swing and dropping any of them would be heretical. A normal Kotla track would do where Kumble could pretend to be injured and we could play Harbhajan and Mishra.
Kumble is rariring to go and Kotla can never be a rank turner. It is that skiddy surface and do you remember MD Nissar Trophy where some Sui Gas bowler from Pak wrecked Delhi which had Sehwag and Gambhir in their team? How can a pitch change its character? At the most it'll be a dry and abrasive pitch which will only help reverse swing. So what is the problem? The only problem is that our batsmen will not find it as easy to score here if the pitch is uneven and all that.