Shouldn't Dravid be offered VRS ?

Guest Hiten.

I will bet you $1 million ICF , amits...meaning , you DONT have to pay me anything, but IF either Pujara or Dhawan make it even to Indian squad in next year ( not 11...just squad) I will pay you ...so just grow up; you aint seen any test cricket I think . Your statement that Rohit Sharma is the worst Indian batter says it all about you .LOL what a ridiculously ignorant argument. The best Indian batting lineup is Sehwag, Gambhir, VVS, Sachin, Yuvraj Rohit ( with Kohli or Badri coming in place of VVS very very soon. By the end of the England series, thankfully, all the "seniors" would be out of the team except Sachin, and he alone deserves his place on a permanent basis.
i accept the bet. even i will pay u $1 million icf if rohit makes it into the test xi next year. dhawan & pujara r better batsmen than what ur rohit sharma can ever dream of becoming. and the best batting line-up for tests is sehwag gambhir dhawan tendulkar laxman raina
i accept the bet. even i will pay u $1 million icf if rohit makes it into the test xi next year. dhawan & pujara r better batsmen than what ur rohit sharma can ever dream of becoming. and the best batting line-up for tests is sehwag gambhir dhawan tendulkar laxman raina
amits, dude are these live bets what are the odds ? :winky:
Guest HariSampath

Amits...time for you to do some reading...and use strong common sense

Talent finally tempered Sriram Veera in Hyderabad October 2, 2008 Rohit Sharma admitted he benefited from not being picked in India's Test squad for Sri Lanka, and his second first-class century indicated that © AFP A day after he was dropped from the Test squad, Rohit Sharma underwent a personal journey back to redemption. Last night he had a surprise visitor in his hotel. Kris Srikkanth, the chairman of selectors who replaced him with S Badrinath, dropped in for a chat. Srikkanth was himself in attendance today to watch what he termed as a "brilliant innings".
Further Srikkanth has virtually assured the likes of Rohit, Badri and Kohli that they are getting into test team very very soon. It is a very well known fact that Srikkanth , if given half a chance, will slot in Yuvraj's name after Dhoni and Sachin in ANY test 11. And you think why all this is important ? Because Srikkanth is the Chairman of selectors till 2011 WC and thats a very powerful position in Indian cricket. Also he has been specifically chosen to preside over the transition of the Indian team under Dhoni, and within 1 month, here are the results already. Ganguly gone, Kumble gone, Dravid going. Now use common sense.
What about Aakash Chopra and Rajat Bhatia ??? What do you think about their chances of making it in to the Test Team ? I can bet Chetanya Nanda is way better than Bhaj !!! :winky:
No way. Selectors would not let him. We need him for england series minimum. And probably for pak series. Do not write dravid of.
I seriously hope so. We would certainly want him to retire on a high note But with Kumble and Dada announcing retirement, focus will now shift towards Dravid. Go Dravid..prove that you are still a fighting warrior:eyedance:
i will stop supporting india in tests if rohit sharma is picked in the test team. i hope rohit sharma fails badly & gets out for <20 scores in domestic matches this season
Is that a promise ??? Who else do want to underperform, will you stop such posts if they fail too !!!
i will stop supporting india in tests if rohit sharma is picked in the test team. i hope rohit sharma fails badly & gets out for <20 scores in domestic matches this season
Well thats you're choice but Rohit Sharma is a star in the making and every commentator that has seen him bat has spoken of his extraordinary potential. The only thing standing in his way is himself. If Rohit is willing to work hard and train consistently and put in the effort, he WILL be the best batsman in the world. He has all the shots and like I have said many times before, he has so much time to play his strokes. I havent seen anyone play with that much time since probably Tendulkar or Sehwag.

Look folks, what we need in the team regardless of who's retiring or not are batsmen with great technique. It's far different than ODI/20-20 cricket. That's why I'm reluctant to have Dravid go. He's still one of the best technically correct batsmen in the world today. Yes he's lacking for runs but as long as he has his technique there's a great chance he'll come back into form. That's not opinion but simple cricketing fact. It's a LOT easier to get into form when your footwork, coordination, how you see the ball onto the bat and defense are right and Dravid still has this. It's also one of the reasons why Rohit Sharma looks good. He's got proper technique. Let's not be so quick to judge him. He has played very well in Australia against very good bowling which shows me that in the toughest test he can come through because of his natural gifts of timing and technique. Let's be patient with both of these players especially now that we've lost some key leadership in the team with Ganguly and now Kumble. Too many changes in one go are never good for the team, just ask the West Indies when their greats retiring together and they have yet to recover.

i hope Yuvraj is kept away from tests till he learns how to construct a test innings in trying conditions (boy on burning bridge innings dont count) and learns how to play spin. I reckon Badri deserves his chance, Dhawan, Kohli, Sharma will all be in the reckoning soon enough

The next man in is Badrinath. There's no doubting that. He's been waiting long enough, performing for long enough, and he's all in all a fantastic player. We'll fit him in at 6 for now, and he'll work his way up to three in the future. Sehwag Gambhir Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Badrinath Dhoni Damn. About the whole Rahul Dravid thing, he won't retire. Just a few days ago he said that he feels good about the form he is in. I think he'll get a ton at Nagpur. A future lineup: Sehwag Gambhir Badrinath Raina Pujara Rahane Dhoni Something of the sort.

The next man in is Badrinath. There's no doubting that. He's been waiting long enough, performing for long enough, and he's all in all a fantastic player. We'll fit him in at 6 for now, and he'll work his way up to three in the future. Sehwag Gambhir Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Badrinath Dhoni Damn. About the whole Rahul Dravid thing, he won't retire. Just a few days ago he said that he feels good about the form he is in. I think he'll get a ton at Nagpur. A future lineup: Sehwag Gambhir Badrinath Raina Pujara Rahane Dhoni Something of the sort.
Raina? Pujara? rahane? they have a lot of way to go before they'll get in.

Amit/Hari: i posted this earlier in this thread. Chateshwar Pujara is a very good batsman. unfortunately he does not have any influence in the cricket set up. he is from a less fancied ranji team. he has been performing very well in whatever limited opportunities he gets. his major problem is that he has to compete with Niranjan shah's son for representing india A and other teams because both are from same team. he does not have a Godfather. but he has lot of talent. he shud be given a break. i have nothing against Badri or Rohit or Yuvi or Raina.but Pujara deserves more opportunities. Having posted this,now my 2 cents: IMHO Rohit must be in the top 10 batsmen in India right now.He is all class.a bit flashy but extremely good. Pujara will be in the running for the reckoning for a place in the team surely. he is very good too. but the politics in team selection may also play a role as with out opportunities he cant prove his worth.if he is given opportunities, and if the immediate set of replacements like Badri, Kohli fail then he has every chance to get in to the squad. Hari's million currency will be under threat. i suggest Hari to check about Pujara with Srikkanth. he would have better info on pujara.