Shouldn't Dravid be offered VRS ?

Guest Hiten.

I mean, enough is enough. He shows glimpses of getting back to 'form' but its the same old story. This series where ALL the Indian batsmen have cashed in BIG, this guy has missed out on every occasion. He has been a great player over the years, but he has been going down the hill for past 1 and half years. Rahul and Anil are two broken arrows in our team right now.

Guest HariSampath

No...no VRS for Dravid, because he wont quit voluntarily. If there is one player in the Indian side who has been playing purely on reputation and faded glory for the past 4 test series, its Dravid. He has been the most comprehensive failure over the last 15 test matches he has played and after each series , nostalgic fans always say " we cant judge by one poor series"....well , we can judge by FOUR poor series. Time and again he has been on this routine of "one 50 every 4 test matches"...and thats already drawing a pension without doing any work. He has been a failure since England 2007. Failed against Pakistan at home. Failed in Australia. Failed against SA at home ( YES..please dont trot out that apology of a 100 on a flat track in 300 balls when Viru was murdering the attack)...failed in SL, and now has failed against Australia.....How MUCH MORE do we have to suffer this Dravid ???? If India needs to win, we need a positive #3...not a tentative, scratchy #3, who will get a 150 ball 50 once in 4 test matches...Thats the brutal truth. Dravid has to be dropped, he has brought this on himself...should have been dropped 1 year back.

I think what Dravid needs is a long break. I think he should be rested for three months at least during which time he should take off to a nice place with his wife for a vacation. After coming back, he should try to sort things out in the nets and may be a couple of domestic matches.

I think what Dravid needs is a long break. I think he should be rested for three months at least during which time he should take off to a nice place with his wife for a vacation. After coming back' date=' he should try to short things out in the nets and may be a couple of domestic matches.[/quote'] He's no more 28 or 29 :giggle:
Guest HariSampath
I think what Dravid needs is a long break. I think he should be rested for three months at least during which time he should take off to a nice place with his wife for a vacation. After coming back' date= he should try to short things out in the nets and may be a couple of domestic matches.
Completely agree....something like 4-5 years break, should spend time with his wife and son (his wifey already complaining he has spent far too much time in the middle, and she needs a vacation)...so hopefully Rahul takes off to Scotland for 3-4 years, with family...and I strongly believe BCCI should pay for it as well :--D
Guest HariSampath
sunday shuroo hoya nah achi tarah aur bhikari pahle aa gaye shor machane
Sunday morning is here Ticz...what happened to the Chess match you challenged me for, still not learnt the rules ? come on, dont be scared :hysterical:
Guest HariSampath
Hmm...don't recall him doing much' date=' if anything, in that series either. Dravid's been a failure since West Indies 2006. Has averaged below 30 since(Bangladesh not included).[/quote'] Yes. Last significant 100 was against Windies, 30 months back. Thats not including BD and the Chennai crawlathlon against SA. Dravid has been the single biggest failure in the test lineup for more than 2 years consequetively. If we apply the Kumble standard to him, he must have been dropped at least 3 test series back. Dravid has got 332 runs in his last 15 test innings !!!! I just cannot imagine what he is doing in the side ??

I agree that Dravid has been out of form for a while now ... but I think the man deserves a few more series' especially since Ganguly is already going. We want to phase out the retirement of the middle order. Just looking at him batting though, I feel he just needs 1 big knock and that will spur on a run of big scores. He is batting fairly well without much luck. I feel a big score is around the corner for Rahul Dravid. I would not drop him.

Guest HariSampath
I agree that Dravid has been out of form for a while now ..
. 2 years in test cricket is a LONG while...averaging 20 over the last 15 test inngs is terrible
but I think the man deserves a few more series' especially since Ganguly is already going
. Like how many series ?? havent we been saying this for the past 3 series :omg:
We want to phase out the retirement of the middle order.
No . We just drop non performers, especially terribly non performing baggages like Dravid. How do you account for the fact people like Rohit, Badri , Yuvraj , Kohli etal have to sit out for3 years and "wait"for Dravid to get a big one that is never gonna happen. So these professionals dont have a right to earning their bread ?
Just looking at him batting though, I feel he just needs 1 big knock and that will spur on a run of big scores. He is batting fairly well without much luck. I feel a big score is around the corner for Rahul Dravid. I would not drop him.
I dunno which batting you have been saying. The Dravid I am seeing has been scratching and struggling to get 20-30 runs, for the past 4 series...and how long will you keep saying this nonsense that "its coming....soon ...its coming"....meanwhile 2 years/5 series have gone by, seriously dude, this cant sound right even to your own ears....I can see why you wont drop him...I would have dropped him after Melbourne test last year....and I am mighty glad you are not the selector,and you better think carefully now about the fact the Chief selector is my close friend and I wouldn't let him go , will harass him until he relents and drops Dravid once and for all :hysterical:
. and I am mighty glad you are not the selector,and you better think carefully now about the fact the Chief selector is my close friend and I wouldn't let him go , will harass him until he relents and drops Dravid once and for all :hysterical:
i hope selector makes his own decisions without listening to you :D

Ok fair enough ... he is not in great form. If we're looking at replacements for Dravid ... I guess Dhawan is the best option to bat no.3, although Pujara has shown some good form lately.

. you better think carefully now about the fact the Chief selector is my close friend and I wouldn't let him go , will harass him until he relents and drops Dravid once and for all :hysterical:
I dont know what you're trying to say here.

After this innings, Dravid has one of his foot outside the door already. With Poms test series starting soon after this, he might be 'forced' to announce his retirement if he wants to play that series - a la Ganguly retirement type arrangement.

Guest HariSampath
Ok fair enough ... he is not in great form. If we're looking at replacements for Dravid ... I guess Dhawan is the best option to bat no.3, although Pujara has shown some good form lately.
Shikar Dhawan and Pujara ? Mate...are you ok?....what about their first class records ? Have they played India A 2-3 seasons ? They are not even in the picture !! Badri, Rohit, Yuvraj are immediately in line next. Possibly Kohli and Raina. But U-22 300s are a LONG way off from international cricket. Pujara needs to spend at least 2 seasons, proving himself against quality attacks consistently, maybe for India A, in games against touring sides, in FC games in India ...its a long road, and he has just got 2 headlines so far in U-22 games ( apart from Gavaskar shamelessly peddling his name over other far worthier candidates). Badri has been doing all the above for last 3 seasons, and he is next in line maybe.
I dont know what you're trying to say here.
I was just saying that the Indian Chief selector is a close friend of mine for last 25 years, and I will harass him all the time, asking him to drop Dravid ASAP....something he himself has been wanting to do for a long time :--D :giggle: