What happened between Mitchell and Laxy?

DomainK

Ian Chappellis not happy with Mitchell: "I have never seen him do that before and I am delighted that the umpire stepped in and spoke to the captain. But I am worried that Ponting spend some talking to them trying to dissuade. I would have liked the umpires to tell him " you have some problem with your fast bowler and get him to shut up."- cricinfo That seems to be a little more than the regular Aussie sledging.

Ian Chappellis not happy with Mitchell: "I have never seen him do that before and I am delighted that the umpire stepped in and spoke to the captain. But I am worried that Ponting spend some talking to them trying to dissuade. I would have liked the umpires to tell him " you have some problem with your fast bowler and get him to shut up."- cricinfo That seems to be a little more than the regular Aussie sledging.
That's very interesting. Makes me wish I could go back and have a closer look at that over.

nothing happened.. johnson is acting dumb and sledging.. so laxman told umpires to make him shut.. and umpires told punter to keep him in control.. idiots i tell u... Ozzies shouldnt only get training in sledging but also in how to take sledging and not to complain..

So' date=' you're all lip readers now. Impressive. :regular_smile:[/quote'] Stop being a smarta.s.s. It was obvious that MJ was spewing some garbage, regardless of what it might have been, his job is to STFU and bowl - NOT abuse the batsman! For godsakes the man scored an unbeaten double hundred earlier in the same match!!!

Laxman had taken a swipe at aussies by needling about the defensive approach, after the 200. it must have rankled them. so, when Laxman played a few defensive strokes in succession, Johanson may have asked him about it. Johnson was much better than Krapich. but the umpire intervened may be because Broad must have told the umpires to exercise more authority after the hearings.

Once again, the first reaction is to abuse - exactly what you're accusing Johnson of doing. Maybe, if you actually put your brain into gear before your fingers started typing .....
Hahahaha ...:hysterical: I love you're posts .. they are so good for a laugh. Please tell me oh wise Donny what Johnson could possibly have said (if it wasnt abuse) that caused a reaction from Laxman, the umpire, Ponting and the commentators. But you're right ... lets give MJ the benefit of the doubt ... Im sure he just went up to VVS Laxman and said ... "Hey Mr. Walking wicket ... Please dont score another double-ton against us, coz Donny is getting owned on the ICF forums" :giggle:
So' date=' you're all lip readers now. Impressive. :regular_smile:[/quote']
Once again, the first reaction is to abuse - exactly what you're accusing Johnson of doing. Maybe, if you actually put your brain into gear before your fingers started typing .....
Ask that to Ian to start with. And its not very difficult to say when an Australian player is abusing- its whenever his lips are moving.
Please man! Maybe its your brain that needs to be warmed up before making such comments. Experts like Gavaskar and Mark Nicholas noticed it and there were some blunt comments from them. Both on field umpires got involved too. Punter was spoken to about this incident as well. I am certain this wasn't due to MJ exchanging pleasantries with Laxman. Once again, like I mentioned before, regardless of what was being said, MJ's job is to STFU and bowl. If at all any one has bragging rights here, it has to be Laxman - yeah, the same "walking wicket" who has just scored a double hundred and has been giving Aussies a lot of grief throughout this past decade. :giggle: