Breaking News: Kumble has announced his retirement!

bharat297

Extremely farfetched ... but any chance Kumble read my thread? I feel so guilty now. IM SO SAD ... A LEGEND OF THE SPORT AND A TRUE GENTLEMAN HAS RETIRED. Im making a promise now. Im never gonna open a thread calling for someone to step down again. I feel so sad when they do.

Extremely farfetched ... but any chance Kumble read my thread? I feel so guilty now. IM SO SAD ... A LEGEND OF THE SPORT AND A TRUE GENTLEMAN HAS RETIRED. Im making a promise now. Im never gonna open a thread calling for someone to step down again. I feel so sad when they do.
Can we take your word for that Bharat ??? :winky:

Just today morning I pulled out the India-Australia 2001 dvd and started watching. It was amazing to see how weak the Indian bowling lineup looked without Kumble. No wonder Ganguly was uneasy to declare early in Kolkata. With bowlers like Prasad and Raju, the chances of losing are always high. I can not recall Raju bowling too many decent deliveries....and he was our premier spinner to begin with. Thank god for the timely emergence of Bhajji, otherwise we would have lost that series quite pathetically. That shows how important Kumble has been for India. A sole fighter. Every time India had a chance of winning a test match, all eyes turned to Kumble for the wickets. We expected him to bowl over after over and take wickets. And he obliged without complaining. I dont think there is another spinner in the world who can bowl as many overs as Kumble can. Its as if his fingers never hurt. What a fighter this man has been. His contribution to Indian bowling has been unmatched.:adore:

Thank you Kumble. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES KUMBLE RETIRES AT KOTLA.. HIS HOME GROUND
Quite true! Kotla was his favourite ground but unfortunately his body gave up a bit early and prevented him to go away in the blaze of glory of a B-G Trophy win. Let us cherish all the memorable moments that Anil has given to Indian cricket!