Murali Vijay Krishna - Debut

fineleg

But till date you have never posted anything to stake the claims of M Vijay except for one post about a Deodar trophy match. Even there you were asking KKD to be dropped and M Vijay to be picked for the South Zone and not India. Only after the Gambhir episode and Cheeka picking him as a backup opener, you've started bragging about M Vijay. Show me one post of yours earlier than Nov 1 2008, where you have posted that M Vijay should be picked for India, be it as an opener or No. 3. Even in your epic essay about Dravid titled "Journey from Melbourne to Nagpur", there is no single mention about M Vijay. Only later in the thread, you are talking about him ie after his name was annunced by the selector. Now you ae coming up and saying "Dint I tell you before".

Dint you see it happening? He played for stumps and got out. By no means he's a 300 material...
Oh! great..nice jump! mate,you are suffering from serious Psychiatric disorder! one day you are calling him 'tiny little ba***'.Next day you want Aussies to drink his urine.Again takes a 'U' turn and calls him the one 'pissing in the pants' and when asked who's the greatest player in the world,in your opinion its Sachin miles ahead of the rest! If only your views were half as consistent as Sachin's career, you would have earned a lot of respect by now. simple advice.Get hair cut and expose your head to natural light and wind.That might help the case!!
Oh! great..nice jump! mate,you are suffering from serious Psychiatric disorder! one day you are calling him 'tiny little ba***'.Next day you want Aussies to drink his urine.Again takes a 'U' turn and calls him the one 'pissing in the pants' and when asked who's the greatest player in the world,in your opinion its Sachin miles ahead of the rest! If only your views were half as consistent as Sachin's career, you would have earned a lot of respect by now. simple advice.Get hair cut and expose your head to natural light and wind.That might help the case!!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: LOL at myself... completely agree with your dig at me regarding my opinion about Sachin... Let me clarify that for you... I had been a Sachin fan on and off... It pisses me off whenever he fails to deliver and disappoints by getting out stupidly lke only he can do... Especially when he is in good touch and then plays for lunch, tea or stumps and get out. For a guy of his caliber he should be dominating the bowling no matter whether it is the first over of the day or the last... For some strange reason, he isnt doing that and it drives me mad... and thats when I come up with blabbers like Tiny Little... and Pisses in the pants... Its only to show my frustration and nothing else... And I feel, I have vent my anger on a big brother whom we all consider as a role model for letting us down... And I also feel, inspite of the harsh coments, Big brother is going to put them aside and forgive. Got it? Coming to the 300 argument - I really feel that he is not capable of scoring a 300 ever, purely because of his tendency to get into a shell while nearing a mile stone or playing for the break. Thats insane... Looking at the way he used to bat in period from 1994 till 1999 or 2000, what is he is doing now is unpardonable. yes - the runs are coming, there are match winning cntributions. But the Sachin who was a night mare for the likeds of Warne,Kasprowichz is not there anymore. He is not playing the big dominating innings anymore and that sucks. You can say he is playing for the team, being responsible etc. But my point is - Gone are the days when India was a an one man army. India Clicks, if Sachin Clicks etc. There are players now who can take India to safety even if he fails. I want to see the back of late 90's Sachin... I want to be a Sachin fan again and worship the GOD. Someone please tell him to dominte the bowlers like he used to and not play for milestones and breaks. However - all these 'having a dig at him and his fans" etc are only amongst ourself. When the topic is beyond the indian boundaries, ie comparison with other international stars or anyone outside india taking a dig at him or try to tarnish his image, I'll wear the Sachin Fan cap and support him strongly. No questions asked :)
Guest HariSampath
But till date you have never posted anything to stake the claims of M Vijay except for one post about a Deodar trophy match. Even there you were asking KKD to be dropped and M Vijay to be picked for the South Zone and not India. Only after the Gambhir episode and Cheeka picking him as a backup opener' date=' you've started bragging about M Vijay. Show me one post of yours earlier than Nov 1 2008, where you have posted that M Vijay should be picked for India, be it as an opener or No. 3. Even in your epic essay about Dravid titled "Journey from Melbourne to Nagpur", there is no single mention about M Vijay. Only later in the thread, you are talking about him ie after his name was annunced by the selector. Now you ae coming up and saying "Dint I tell you before".[/quote'] Easy answer....very simple. I had not been here on ICF between March and now, everyone knows it. In march 2008.....yes I was very strongly advocating for Vijay to be in SZ, because losers like KKD were keeping him out of the 11. Since then, when I was away from ICF, Vijay had played India A , top scored in tests, played Challengers etc and proved himself. Even now, I didnt expect him to be given a chance....maybe against Eng, but because of the Gambhir matter, Srikkanth decided to make a call.....and he has been proved right now. So whats your point ?...incidentally....I had posted here even BEFORE Vijay's selection....that the selectors are looking beyond the Chopras and Jaffers, and that Vijay was now closely looked at....and within 24 hrs, Vijay got his chance.
MSD has said MVK will open. That is a bit of a shock. I thought he is going to be a 'backup opener'. Anyway, good luck to MVK. Tough, tough job - decider against Aus. Spare a thought for Badri folks, spare one. The guy has worked his butt off in domestics, A tours etc. He captains TN team, and one yengster from his TN team has pipped him :winky: Spare a thought.
Hes cant open Badri. what about Dhawan? Is he injured Id have thought he was next in line
Ishant is ok. lots of energy and gives 100% . Good boundary fileder with good arm rp is average mishra is below avergae. Rest of the players are very good
If you take ODI team, there is Praveen Kumar (average - similar to I.Sharma or thereabouts) How is Yusuf Pathan? Is he good? I havent seen much. (I wont mention Munaf Daadaji Patel for obvious reasons :D)

As a generalisation ... most of our younger batsman are very good fielders (Rohit, Raina, Uthappa, Kohli, Gambhir, Badrinath, etc) and most of our younger bowlers are pretty average fielders (Ishant, Munaf, RP, Sreesanth, etc) Of course there are exceptions ... Chawla is a bowler but is a good fielder. Its mainly just the pacemen. Perhaps its a lack of proper fitness. Maybe after bowling a long spell, they lack energy in the field. Its understandable ... fast bowling is one of the most difficult aspects of the game (in terms of the strain it places on your body)