Dravid will bounce back against England, says Ganguly

Kartikey

Agree. The difference between them is that Dravid built himself up from a very good batsman into a great. Tendulkar was a class apart. He started the game with instincts few other batsmen have. He could read the length of the ball earlier than most, respond to any ball with a wider range of shots than most batsmen could, and could go as far as knowing what bowlers would do from time to time, prepare his shots and absolutely collar them like few others. Think of moments like his assault on Caddick in the 03 World Cup. Set him up, knew when he'd be banging it short - waited on the back foot for that ball, then launched it clean out of the ground in one of the most breathtaking bits of batting I've witnessed. In short, he was a genius. As Dravid's eyes and reflexes slowly deteriorate, his batting does too. With Tendulkar, even if his eyes and reflexes aren't what they were, he still has that absurd range of shots, the brains and a level of nous no other batsman of his time possesses that he can fall back upon to keep making runs.
Brilliant post. And the essence of your post is why i'd like to see Dravid bat at 5 or 6 for a little while before giving up on him alltogether. I highly doubt that a newbie can get around in TC averaging 50+. So far Dravid is averaging 30 at #3 - if he is to be dropped, i'd expect the noobie to average atleast how much Dravid is - otherwise dropping Dravid makes no sense. With one vacant spot in the team, its worthwhile to shuffle Dravid down the order, where he has more padding to bat - last time we did this, it worked and if Dravid gets back to playing a few crucial knocks and average 45-50+ at 5/6, it'd be easily worthwhile to keep him in the team. This makes whole lot more sense than dumping Dravid and tossing in two total newbies in the midst and expecting that Tendy will carry the day like he used to in the 90s as far as middle order goes .
Guest HariSampath
Brilliant post. And the essence of your post is why i'd like to see Dravid bat at 5 or 6 for a little while before giving up on him alltogether. I highly doubt that a newbie can get around in TC averaging 50+. So far Dravid is averaging 30 at #3 - if he is to be dropped, i'd expect the noobie to average atleast how much Dravid is - otherwise dropping Dravid makes no sense. With one vacant spot in the team, its worthwhile to shuffle Dravid down the order, where he has more padding to bat - last time we did this, it worked and if Dravid gets back to playing a few crucial knocks and average 45-50+ at 5/6, it'd be easily worthwhile to keep him in the team. This makes whole lot more sense than dumping Dravid and tossing in two total newbies in the midst and expecting that Tendy will carry the day like he used to in the 90s as far as middle order goes .
2 questions. 1. If India is 250-3 in 65 overs in a test match, is Dravid the man you want to be walking in ( a terribly out of form Dravid averaging 17 at # 3 lately ), and obviously wanting to scratch together a 150 ball 50 to save his place, at that time of the game 2. If India is 50-3 in the first hour, with Sehwag, Gambhir and Sachin out, what can the same Dravid do to pull India out ? by playing for 150 balls to get 35 runs, get out and take us to a grand 120- 4( or 5) ? As I dont expect Dravid to get either a fast 80 in the former case or a steady 140 in the latter case, I dont think Dravid's place is justified.
Guest HariSampath
Aww jeez. Now i feel bad - i guess your 'best buddy Cheeka' disagrees with you eh ? Guess he does have more brains than i gave him credit for and perhaps made the mistake of not seeing you drag him down with you. :hatsoff:
I may perhaps have to concede to your superior analysis that Srikkanth is indeed brainless, maybe the fact I know him too well had clouded my judgment , so I defer to you.:giggle:
2 questions. 1. If India is 250-3 in 65 overs in a test match, is Dravid the man you want to be walking in ( a terribly out of form Dravid averaging 17 at # 3 lately ), and obviously wanting to scratch together a 150 ball 50 to save his place, at that time of the game 2. If India is 50-3 in the first hour, with Sehwag, Gambhir and Sachin out, what can the same Dravid do to pull India out ? by playing for 150 balls to get 35 runs, get out and take us to a grand 120- 4( or 5) ? As I dont expect Dravid to get either a fast 80 in the former case or a steady 140 in the latter case, I dont think Dravid's place is justified.
Let us first find Ganguly's replacement over 2 series at least before we start jumping on which youngster can stand in Dravid's place. If we are on the last day trying to save a test needing to bat the day out, which we are going to be in most tests once we leave the subcontinent behind. Guess who we will have the most faith in.
Guest HariSampath
Let us first find Ganguly's replacement over 2 series at least before we start jumping on which youngster can stand in Dravid's place. If we are on the last day trying to save a test needing to bat the day out, which we are going to be in most tests once we leave the subcontinent behind. Guess who we will have the most faith in.
Oh ...Dravid ? how many times has Dravid batted a day out and saved a test match abroad, in the last 2 1/2 years ? In SA ? in Eng ? in Aus ? in SL ? Dravid batting through a day and saving a test ..yeah right :hysterical:

I thought one by name "Cheeka" was posting the other day from Nagpur on the last day of the test match and in particular was referring to Fineleg by name??? Didn't know the selectors have time enough on a test day to answer forum members.... :hysterical: Some quotes from Cheeka aka Srikanth ahem.... HariSampath :haha: Enough is enough, just give up Hari. It's getting ridiculous.

Hi, nice to know that. Were you cheering the superkings team ? On Vijay and other players like Badri , Rohit and Raina, its not possible to comment on selection specifics. Generally it can be said that all these players have been doing well in domestic, ODIs and other matches, and right now Vijay has been selected for this match due to Gambhir's absence and has played well. Definitely all these players will be part of Team India's plans in the near future and everyone will get opportunities. Vijay's domestic performances over last 2 seasons, his scores against New zealand and in challengers trophy , current form and of course the situation created by Gambhir's absence. In fact Saurav was speaking very highly of him and endorsed him enthusiastically to me. I cannot say who will replace Saurav. Let me say Saurav and players like him are not easily replacable. But all players like Rohit, Badri, Yuvraj , Raina will get opportunities in the near future, its performance and team needs that determine selection. They are all very good players, including Yuvraj Hi fineleg, this is Srikkanth. Didn't you ask me a question when I did an interview here on this site ? I just dropped in as many fans seem to think its far easier to select a team by following cricket matches from here, so here I am . Vijay is a very good player, we are happy our selection paid off, but I do hope he gets big scores in his first few tests as that will give him confidence and help establish himself in the team Yes, Sourav too spoke very highly of Vijay to me, and I have been watching Vijay over last 2 seasons. Sourav feels Vijay is the perfect #3 for India
oh....*yawn* ravi...give it a rest...I have answered that issue fully and in detail much earlier in another thread...
Speak for yourself. Don't you think you should give it a rest speaking for Srikanth? Point me to your response please, I'm quite keen to know why you had to pretend as Srikanth.
Guest HariSampath

Oh geeesh...Here is that post...and btw, folks here on ICF have moved on much beyond the "Cheeka", Hari" prank posts...apparently u are a zillion years backwards... http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=517544&postcount=118 and btw, check the posts that follow too , on that thread, where I had answered Lurks in detail...and DONT attempt to sidetrack a thread on Dravid , with your guerrilla tactics...LOL...folks here are much smarter.

Yes, I had indeed had posted under the ID Cheeka, just for fun In fact I had emailed finey here before that too, and even addressed my first post as "Cheeka" to finey, and I was amazed to even be taken seriously and "interviewed" by a few The facts are I was banned for some days by someone or other for no reason,without even the courtesy of a message, and so just for fun, I took the ID of Cheeka. The funniest thing was some "IT and tech savvy" lords and masters of ICF were actually chest thumping at having "caught me" and even started threads on this and even funnier, were actually advising me to get "tech savvy" I can lay a 10-1 bet here that those who so advised me arent anywhere close to being in Hitech as I am. But the point was I hadnt even worried about "getting caught", and was no way trying to avoid being detected These "tech savvy " lords and masters of ICF then went on to wonder whether Krish Srikkanth really came to ICF last year to chat with folks here. Apparently HariSampath=Cheeka means HariSampath=KrishSrikkanth....no logic whatsoever....and nomention of whether those two IP addresses were same. Also mention of the fact that Srikkanth had spoekn by phone to MM here,he had emailed Varun and someone else from his own email at Krish Cricket, which also he used to register at ICF. These logical factors completely escaped the tech savvy ICF lords. Now you know the truth.
Oh geeesh...Here is that post...and btw, folks here on ICF have moved on much beyond the "Cheeka", Hari" prank posts...apparently u are a zillion years backwards... http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=517544&postcount=118 and btw, check the posts that follow too , on that thread, where I had answered Lurks in detail...and DONT attempt to sidetrack a thread on Dravid , with your guerrilla tactics...LOL...folks here are much smarter.
Rubbish reasons. Bottom line, you were caught unawares. All your chest thumping was an excercise in futile. If it was for fun you could have posted as a different user, why Cheeka? Whom are you trying to fool? The seriousness with which you posted as Cheeka is very evident, you just wanted to score a browny point. You are not turstworthy, not a bit. There are other stuff I could mention but I'll leave it at that. Don't dare mention Srikanth here and derail his reputation anymore. Someone with zero reputation like you need not preach what I need to do. You are the last person that has any ground to advise here how to behave. Get going....
Guest HariSampath

Now that you have been horribly exposed, thats what you would say....but I understand...Who are you to say who I can mention or who I cannot...and I care two hoots for my reputation with you, and I dont exactly have a opinion of you too...so you get going...unless you have anything to offer on this thread....ok ?

Guest HariSampath
Bottom line, you were caught unawares. All your chest thumping was an excercise in futile. If it was for fun you could have posted as a different user, why Cheeka? Whom are you trying to fool?
The idea itself was to make a joke as Cheeka, knowing that everyone will know its me...so I should have posted as " Ravi-the Dravid fan" ? LOL.....like I said....stick to your own opinion and let those who have sense decide what happened... and DONT derail threads criticising Rahul Dravid...you are too transparent and this rubbish just doesnt sell
Now that you have been horribly exposed' date=' thats what you would say....but I understand...Who are you to say who I can mention or who I cannot...and I care two hoots for my reputation with you, and I dont exactly have a opinion of you too...so you get going...unless you have anything to offer on this thread....ok ?[/quote'] Exposed :hysterical: You know to use words without knowing what that means. You want me to start speaking about pager, Anil Kumble, Sri Satya Sai Baba and the rest, owning a website that exposed a godman, Beer with Roger, buddy with Brijesh....? Don't even get me started, I've had enough with the ones like you. More you speak, more you are going to be exposed and you will have nowhere to hide. You are full of crap. I hate to get into mud slinging but cannot stand ones like you.
Guest HariSampath
Exposed :hysterical: You know to use words without knowing what that means. You want me to start speaking about pager, Anil Kumble, Sri Satya Sai Baba and the rest, owning a website that exposed a godman, Beer with Roger, buddy with Brijesh....? Don't even get me started, I've had enough with the ones like you. More you speak, more you are going to be exposed and you will have nowhere to hide. You are full of crap. I hate to get into mud slinging but cannot stand ones like you.
Unfortunately , thats all you seem to be good at.
Guest HariSampath
Oh, I LOVE the irony. Started as a thread about Gangluddin backing Dravid to come back. Cheeka/Spamhat derailed it into a thread to criticise Dravid non-stop. Now he's telling others not to derail any further! :haha:
Criticism of Dravid is perfectly in order wherever there is a thread backing Rahul Dravid.....but attempting to divert it into a personal attack thread is derailing....maybe you would want all threads to have an element of Mumbai cricket and Amol Muzumdar ....have your say :hysterical: