Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers"

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" well,no other test playing country is complaining about not being invited by another country either. Why is it so important for BD to play in India? On another note,dont compare the top 8 members with BD team. Seriously.... Win a test match against the top 8 first. Why do u expect anyone to hand anything to you. Noone cared to tour SL when they were minnows. Aus and Eng never toured much India back in the days. Noone cried. You do realize that BD has got more chances than any of the recent inductees into the test game. Kenya, has made the semis of the WC, in their 3rd WC.What does BD has to show for?2 wins against good teams?Ireland is not gonna ask for a test spot bcos of 1 win. Time and again,BD expects to be handed the golden spoon from others but do you even stop to think whether you deserve it? Just beacuse you are a cricket fanatic country, it doesnt mean your team is good. As much as I loathe the BCCI, i do agree them with this one. A tour with BD is nothing but a waste of 1month,No real exciting cricket.20 years ago, when we played SL, we would rest our main players.Today, we play to our full strength against them.Beacuse they earned their respect. 70 years ago, Bradman didnt tour India.Today no australin is considered a great batsmen unless they score in India. We earned that right. It doesnt come in 1 day, 1 week or a forthnight. It takes years. Remember that. Earn the right,dont expect it to be thrown at you.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" i think the standard reading and listening material for the indian cricket team ahead of the next match ought to be: Robert Craddock and Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash and here is what australia need to listen: God's gonna knock you down (again by Johnny Cash)

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers"

well,no other test playing country is complaining about not being invited by another country either. Why is it so important for BD to play in India? On another note,dont compare the top 8 members with BD team. Seriously.... Win a test match against the top 8 first. Why do u expect anyone to hand anything to you. Noone cared to tour SL when they were minnows. Aus and Eng never toured much India back in the days. Noone cried. You do realize that BD has got more chances than any of the recent inductees into the test game. Kenya, has made the semis of the WC, in their 3rd WC.What does BD has to show for?2 wins against good teams?Ireland is not gonna ask for a test spot bcos of 1 win. Time and again,BD expects to be handed the golden spoon from others but do you even stop to think whether you deserve it? Just beacuse you are a cricket fanatic country, it doesnt mean your team is good. As much as I loathe the BCCI, i do agree them with this one. A tour with BD is nothing but a waste of 1month,No real exciting cricket.20 years ago, when we played SL, we would rest our main players.Today, we play to our full strength against them.Beacuse they earned their respect. 70 years ago, Bradman didnt tour India.Today no australin is considered a great batsmen unless they score in India. We earned that right. It doesnt come in 1 day, 1 week or a forthnight. It takes years. Remember that. Earn the right,dont expect it to be thrown at you.
Excellent post. Respect in all walks of life has to be earned.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" hi guys... just to clear one thing... bangladesh isnt asking a favor from India to invite us to play there..we are just asking you to stick to the FTP. If you think the tour isnt worthy..thats fine. But then your board should have gutts to tell ICC that they disagree with the FTP when it was prepared. and I dont see any point bringing politics here in a cricket forum, which i noticed going through some earlier posts. anyway.. enjoy the WC.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" sumon, ICC's FTP was full of $hit and thats why it has been abandoned midway not once but twice. BD was supposed to tour India last fall and guess what ICC decides to have the CT at around the same time. Why didn't BD go and fight with the ICC to scrap the CT and let BD's tour to India proceed. I am not saying BCCI is beyond repraoch or anything but to blame the Somalian hunger problem on India is not right either.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" One thing BD cricket and public in general will do well to learn is humility. As posters above mentioned, you have to earn respect on the world stage. Making noise and even worse - to go on bashing who you beat once in a blue moon is not going to get it for you. Best thing to do is let the results speak for themselves, everything else be it tours or whatever will follow. But if you are going to disrespect others, that is what you will receive in return on and off the field. Look for an example of it the next time you step in v India.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" thanks for the replies guys. as i said, if you think FTP was not realistic or whatever, then why didnt BCCI had the gutts to disagree with that in front of ICC? was BD a better team then than now? and to abandon something in the midway when you already gave your word... isnt something i will take. I see it as an honor and self respect to keep your word. And CT was there I know, the tour could easily be rescheduled which actually BCCI and BCB did. but I cant except that BCCI just abondoned it with a financal reason. And making noise? who made noise? ofcourse we cheered after winning. and some newspaper mentioned about that tour abandoing thing. but what i see here, some of the posters here started bad mouthing about BD as well bringing politics inside. I must say I expected much more maturity from a cricket fan community who has more than ten times experience than us. and I was kinda hurt to see any moderator not to say a single thing about it. anyway, its your forum, you can run however you like, but you should remind the newcomers that...You may find some offensive remasks about other nations... anyway ...take care.

And CT was there I know, the tour could easily be rescheduled which actually BCCI and BCB did. but I cant except that BCCI just abondoned it with a financal reason.
Rescheduled for when? And moreover, the BCCI did make noise about the whole CT thing saying it is not going to schedule it ever again in the heart of India's season. England did not do it. Aus will never rid their schedule of the Boxing Day test for the CT. So yes, the BCCI did protest against the FTP.
but what i see here, some of the posters here started bad mouthing about BD as well bringing politics inside.
Bringing politics into the entire thing is clearly wrong and posters were told not to do so. The board is extremely lenient as far as handing out bans is concerned and the only posters banned were who started downright abuse against others. If BD posters had brought politics in it, our action would have been the same - guys refrain from it as its irrelevant but no bans would have been given unless things got completely out of hand. Even in this thread none of the offensive remarks against India have been deleted. Being an Indian cricket forum there is obviously going to be more support for India. Anyhow, both respect and you have made points in a civil manner and have the replies have been completely civil. But if some poster registers on the website with the sole purpose of trolling and abusing thats a completely different story.

thanks for the replies guys. as i said, if you think FTP was not realistic or whatever, then why didnt BCCI had the gutts to disagree with that in front of ICC? was BD a better team then than now? and to abandon something in the midway when you already gave your word... isnt something i will take. I see it as an honor and self respect to keep your word. And CT was there I know, the tour could easily be rescheduled which actually BCCI and BCB did. but I cant except that BCCI just abondoned it with a financal reason. And making noise? who made noise? ofcourse we cheered after winning. and some newspaper mentioned about that tour abandoing thing. but what i see here, some of the posters here started bad mouthing about BD as well bringing politics inside. I must say I expected much more maturity from a cricket fan community who has more than ten times experience than us. and I was kinda hurt to see any moderator not to say a single thing about it. anyway, its your forum, you can run however you like, but you should remind the newcomers that...You may find some offensive remasks about other nations... anyway ...take care.
I agree with you suman. theres lot of trash talk in many of these threads insulting BD in pretty disgusting term. It might be a liberal policy maintained by the moderators. ofcourse they have every right to maintain it anyway they want. But something tells me if they want to be taken seriously as a platform for indian cricket fan community, they have to come down hard on all the garbage posts.

I agree with you suman. theres lot of trash talk in many of these threads insulting BD in pretty disgusting term. It might be a liberal policy maintained by the moderators. ofcourse they have every right to maintain it anyway they want. But something tells me if they want to be taken seriously as a platform for indian cricket fan community, they have to come down hard on all the garbage posts.
And something tells me that your post, while using almost 100 words, had NOTHING worthwhile to mention. If all you had to say was to support someone then afraid that doesnt say much about you. If you want to be taken seriously then put forward some of your own thoughts, capisce? xxxx

And if you want to know why most people are spewing venom .... look no further than how your nation now considers us literally as enemies and a Kaffir nation in other more important things in life besides cricket ... this is despite what we did circa 1971 .... .
I dont know how on earth this has got anything to do with cricket..if we really want to have a constructive discussion and debate, we must do away with the generalized insult that encompasses someones country or race. that was the sole point i was trying to make. u being one of the moderators should know better and surprisingly enough u indulge urself in the same trap.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" i know this has little to do with cricket, but i think there is more to this attitude of the Bangladeshis and in particular how they view India. this by the way, is from first hand experience, as told to me by my aunt who spent 11 years working for Oxfam in Dhaka and London. Bangladesh, in spite of being a nation in first place thanks in great part to India, views India as an imperialist, bully who has the power to do a lot, but does little. There is a usual sentiment of stifled economic growth due to the presence of a larger and more attractive market right next door that lures away foreign investment. Partly true, the liberal policies and better acceptance of foreign institutions in India does pull away a good deal of business from other South Asian nations. and true, India has done little to help alleviate that sentiment. While the above would be applicable to the more learned and informed members of society, the subertern despise india for what they persive as heavy handed dealings such as water disputes over the waters of the Ganges and Brahmaputra; border restrictions etc. In a few words, Bangladesh feels like the younger brother who has been stiffed out of "his share" to the larger pie by a bigger, bully brother. And then there is the religious sentiment. For some reason, Islam possesses the power to bind oppressor and oppressed, exploiter and exploited, victim and perpetrator against the third neutral individual if this third does not subscribe to their religious beliefs. i think this is the core hypocrisy of Islam that in great part resulting in global instability (and to be fair has been exploited for economic gains by western capitalists). Personally i believe Islam when founded was less of a religion and more of a belief and society infrastructure meant to create/support a hegemonic unit that would be a world player. Ironically the core of this hegemonic units sits atop the most sought after natural resource and thus has in fact become the world player it had desired to be. Its quite pointless of us Indians to rue why Bangladesh is so hostile towards us in spite of all that was done in 1971. we need to understand that the average Bangladeshi does not look towards India with respect, awe and appreciation of 1971, but in contempt of what he/she feels India ought to have done ever since... personally i feel we need to integrate them better into our economic infrastructure and do the same with Nepal and Bhutan. sort of like our own version of the NAFTA (though it would have an initial disastrous effect on the farmers in these nations).

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" bhai sab ka deen aata hai.. last saturday inn kutto ka deen tha.. i just hope they start packing their bags this coming sunday.. and to be honest.. ungratefulness is in the blood of non-kafir countries.. Kafirs need to learn that sooner than later...

personally i feel we need to integrate them better into our economic infrastructure and do the same with Nepal and Bhutan. sort of like our own version of the NAFTA (though it would have an initial disastrous effect on the farmers in these nations).
India's responsibility is towards it's Indian population and no one else. There is enough to take care of at home. Bottom line is that Bangla Boys in general hate Indians because we are not muslim PERIOD! You can spin it how ever you want but that is the core issue.

Never said that is related to cricket .... which is why I said in things more imp than cricket ..... and btw that is not an insult .... that is just a statement of cold hard facts .... you may not like it but thats different.
:chin: sorry, i must hv made a mistake. i thought this was a cricketing forum! anyways..