Attn:Donny, tell this reporter to be more respectful to .....

Rajan

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/11/23/1227375042131.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1 Stripped bare in front of 50,000 people Phil Lutton | November 23, 2008 - 1:09PM Humbled and stripped bare to be revealed as awfully human, a shattered Australian rugby league team is still trying to unravel its 34-20 World Cup final loss to New Zealand. As the Kiwis continue to celebrate one of the most significant sporting victories in the country's history, the Australians - or at least those who could muster the courage to reflect - are still trying to decipher where it all went so drastically wrong. In front of more than 50,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium, the previously red-hot Kangaroos, recently hailed as one of the best outfits ever assembled in green and gold jerseys, were out-bustled and outhustled in a frantic scramble for the World Cup. The intervention of English video referee Steve Ganson played a starring role. Still, this Australian side can offer up little in the way of excuses. Swept up in a tide of black shirts they were powerless to stop, the Cup trophy ended up in its rightful dressing room. For New Zealand, the gravity of this win can't be underestimated. They had lost all 13 of their past World Cup games to Australia, including a 30-6 belting in the tournament opener. Since 1975, the World Cup has resided in Australian hands on seven consecutive occasions. They belted out the haka within a whisker of some true giants of the game. Darren Lockyer, one of the modern greats, was flanked by the likes of Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis, Johnathan Thurston, Israel Folau and Petero Civoniceva. Across the Tasman, this victory is being hailed as a turning point for a code condemned to second-rate status by a rugby obsessed sporting public. Not that it mattered to Kangaroo prop Brent Kite, who was one of the few players able to shape some words after the bitter defeat, with most players sitting around in a circle and refusing interview requests. "It's a shame we have to lose for people to be a bit interested in the result (of the tournament). But that's the way it went," Kite said. "To be honest I'm already trying to forget about it. Every time I think about it, it hurts. We're better than what we showed tonight. We're not going to dwell on that. I want to put it behind us." Kite's blank expression showed just how much this hurt. The Australians were blind-sided and sucker-punched by a Kiwi side seared to perfection by the coaching duo of Steve Kearney and Wayne Bennett. The rugby league World Cup never really caught the public imagination but for Manly prop Kite, this loss was as painful as a Ricky Hatton shot to the kidneys. Kite conceded the soft preparation of the Kangaroos, who completed drubbings of PNG and Fiji while the Kiwis twice faced off against England, was less than ideal. But the gentle giant, a star of Manly's grand final victory over Melbourne, was unwilling to unfurl any excuses. "We're not going to complain. We dominated the ball and as a result, we got the softer run. Ricky was aware of that," Kite said. "It's hard to find excuses because that's where we wanted to be. We wanted to win the pool and we did that. We just weren't good enough tonight. "I've had a great year and this is a bad way to cap it off. I just want to put it behind me ASAP. I don't want to be dwelling on that. I'm just looking forward to having a bit off time at home. "You don't want to be making excuses. We didn't get the job done tonight." Ganson's awarding of a penalty try late in the game that gave New Zealand an eight-point lead with 10 minutes to play clearly didn't appeal to Kite, who said team-mate Joel Monaghan should have been sin-binned and no try awarded. Asked if Billy Slater would have cleaned up the kick should Monaghan not taken out the chasing Lance Hohaia, Kite said: "Of course he would of. I think anyone could have seen that. "Even if he wasn't there, there has to be no doubt that he's not going to bobble the ball. How many times do you see that - Lockyer had one earlier in the first half. "That was very disappointing. I thought it warranted a send-off but to say that Billy didn't have a very good chance of getting that ball was hard to swallow." Australian backrower Anthony Laffranchi, who came to age as a representative player in this tournament, described the feeling in the Australian camp as "heartbreaking". "We're very disappointed. It's a heartbreaking end to the tournament. There's probably no easy way to take a loss in the final. I'm lost for words at the moment," he said. "So much went into the tournament and Ricky (Stuart) got us up for every game. This week was no different. We were still in the game but we didn't come out with the result. "It probably wasn't the ideal preparation with the big wins we had. But I think we did prepare well throughout the tournament. We did build to the final. It just wasn't our night tonight." Civoniceva, the last man standing in the Australian rooms after the game, was downtrodden after a gruelling defeat played out in unfamiliar November heat that tested even the toughest men in the code. "It's pretty devastating after what's been a great tournament for us. It's a shame. It's a wonderful group of men and we've had a great time together. It's just a shame that when it mattered most, we couldn't get it done," Civoniceva said. "We're just looking forward to getting home, getting away from football and spending some time with our families. "I just feel for the boys. We worked so hard and prepared really well. It's unfortunate. We just came unstuck. Just that fluency. "You can't take anything away from them (New Zealand). They played a very tough game. They had 17 men very committed to the cause." Source: The Sun-Herald ============================= You should write to the reporter and the publication too about how they r being so disrespectful to Australians and New zealanders by calling them kangaroos and Kiwis. you dont agree with those words , right! so, do your bit now and save some honour for those 2 teams/countries!
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=130185&page=6 Quote by desi cartman I know what U mean but kiwi is national symbol of NZ. Do we call England The Lions or The Bulldogs ? No. Do we call South Africa The Springboks ? No. Do we call India The Peafowls or the Tigers or the Lotus Flowers ? No. Do we call Australia The Kangaroos or The Emus ? No. Do we call Zimbabwe The Sable Antelopes ? No. Join Date: May 2007 Location: NSW. Australia. Posts: 2,578 $ICF: 992,607 I have. Desi, the point is, they (NZ) choose to call their cricket team The Black Caps - as the Saffers call theirs The Proteas. Do you not think we should respect that ?

Bharat, Donny was telling a fellow member to call NZ team as Black caps, instead of kiwis. he said australian team is also not called as Kangaroos. it was a harmless remark by a fellow member with absolutely no malice.but Donny insisted that v shud respect NZ by not calling KIWIS . i was just getting back at him because most of the australian news media still continue to use KIWIS quite freely.so, nothing wrong if any ICF members refer NZ cricket team as Kiwis, especially in an harmless way.thats all.

Bharat, Donny was telling a fellow member to call NZ team as Black caps, instead of kiwis. he said australian team is also not called as Kangaroos. it was a harmless remark by a fellow member with absolutely no malice.but Donny insisted that v shud respect NZ by not calling KIWIS . i was just getting back at him because most of the australian news media still continue to use KIWIS quite freely.so, nothing wrong if any ICF members refer NZ cricket team as Kiwis, especially in an harmless way.thats all.
To add to that, I have never heard of the NZ team take offense to being called the Kiwis. A large part of the media uses that expression for them and they have never objected. So why Donny all of a sudden decided to play the NZ sympathizer is beyond me. His claims however that Australians are never referred to as Kangaroos was ridiculous.
No but in Rugby League teams actually choose animals as their names aswell. The actual team itself is called the New Zealand Kiwis. The Australian team is called the Australian Kangaroos. Its like that in rugby league and rugby union aswell.
thats precisely my point. it would be amusing if some one says u can call NZ- kiwis for my rugby team but dont use that word when u r referring to my cricket team. they would not take any umbrage to being referred as kiwis. thats my point.
He comes here to troll and wind up. But is really cr#p at it and he ends up leaving annoyed and wound up. Its quite funny really!
:giggle::giggle: ja if u give him a moutful.. he will run away like a scared cat..... jus really old.. so dont give him much importance by startin a thread for him.. its a waste of time really.....

Nah don't give him a mouthful! Its not worth it. Just debate with him, he is very easy to tie in knots. I have done it many times and when ask him tough questions or basically prove to him that aussies have done something wrong or are playing poorly. He just dissapears for a few days to avoid the question(as he can't bear to type one negative word against his aussies) or posts a reply of tomatoes:hysterical:

come on Rajan' date=' he is jus an old fart who comes here to windup people here... u can see his msgs hes jus trolling here..[/quote'] Border who commented about Fab5 admits india outplayed them outrifgtly, after the series. Ian Chappell who proclaimed Sachin is playing for wrong reasons, it is time for him to retire, blah, blah earlier, now says he played superbly. Hayden is getting out in single digits,ponting is getting out to poor shot and got a peach in the 1st innings. Aussies are under pressure for over rate and they appoint an observer to help them! yest they cop a fine.cant complain about indian batsmen not lifting their heads or 3rd world facilities. Stuart Broad gets spanked, to compensate for his Dad's messing with GG. Vettori calls Ponting , Hayden are notorious sledgers and spoiling for fight. Ponting diary mentions SRT at best better than Lara at his best. SMG hits Ponting where it hurts most. 4-0 has made me cheerful and lifted my spirits. I am basically in a happy mood. i just wanted to mess around and who better than an aussie!
Come on fellas...give Donny a break. And also' date=' all you guys are young fellas and you know you should be respecting elders...regardless. And Donny is certainly that...so cut him some slack.[/quote'] I hope you are being sarcastic He should not post on this board if he is only willing to troll on indian cricket. As when he is asked tough questions on oz cricket he goes away or says tomatoes or abuses. Which is a ridiculous way to debate. I posted reports on hayden retiring and he said I was lying and could not take it. Thats the extent on how sensitive he is on oz cricket. Another example is him being asked what he thought of pontings captaincy in last test. He responded with various posts of tomatoes and abuse/name calling and then dissapeared. Not once did attempt to answer the questions and indulge in debate. Anyone who refuses to answer questions or debate things should not be on a message board as it is the wrong place. As the whole point is to debate and discuss.

Never mind...take it sportingly. Ya, he needles Indian supporters...so what? You can set him straight with your counters...part of the fun no? Think Schwetabh mail about Donny being flown to India as a witness on the "walking wicket" fiasco...that was a hoot! He is going to have his viewpoint...you are going to have yours...have a field day trying to convince each other...and best to do it with humour, not rancour.