we are not safe at all

kabira

Re: we are not safe at all

Our NRR is right now 2.49... If Lanka beat Bangla by even 5 runs or more...they will have better NRR than us after two games... Although Bangla will have impossible task of improving their NRR against Bermuda....So all we have to do is beat SL conviningly....or pray that Bangla/Lanka match is rained out.. Even if SL wins by more than 5 overs to spare they have better NRR..
oye yaar... calm down. know this: considering we bat first againt sri lanka and sri lanka bat first against bangladesh: bangladesh would have to beat bermuda (in order to qualify ahead of us) by: 257 + (number of runs we beat sri lanka by) + (number of runs sri lanka beat bangladesh by) - 13 in order to finish ahead of us. so trust me, as long as we beat sri lanka, the bangladeshis are going back home

Our NRR is right now 2.49... If Lanka beat Bangla by even 5 runs or more...they will have better NRR than us after two games... Although Bangla will have impossible task of improving their NRR against Bermuda....So all we have to do is beat SL conviningly....or pray that Bangla/Lanka match is rained out.. Even if SL wins by more than 5 overs to spare they have better NRR..
oye yaar... calm down. know this: considering we bat first againt sri lanka and sri lanka bat first against bangladesh: bangladesh would have to beat bermuda (in order to qualify ahead of us) by: 257 + (number of runs we beat sri lanka by) + (number of runs sri lanka beat bangladesh by) - 13 in order to finish ahead of us. so trust me, as long as we beat sri lanka, the bangladeshis are going back home
Yes. We just need to concentrate on beating SL and thats all!

bangladesh are lucky ! since they play bermuda last' date=' they would know exactly they need to do to qualify for the super 8`s[/quote'] Yep they would know they have to scote 500 and bundle Bermuda for 50 will work out perfect for them :wtg:

I think it would be best for us if we bat second against Sri Lanka. We're quite good at chasing. SL will try to beat us because they want Banladesh to go through so that they can carry two points to the next stage.
i second that... playing conditions permitting though. at times in the caribean the pitch like the proverbial sh*t hits the bloody roof during the second innings. and in all honesty, i reckon its not good to face murli in the evening, under stress from chasing a target on a pitch that resembles a mine field. another thing... dont play kumble on friday!!!

I think it would be best for us if we bat second against Sri Lanka. We're quite good at chasing. SL will try to beat us because they want Banladesh to go through so that they can carry two points to the next stage.
i second that... playing conditions permitting though. at times in the caribean the pitch like the proverbial sh*t hits the bloody roof during the second innings. and in all honesty, i reckon its not good to face murli in the evening, under stress from chasing a target on a pitch that resembles a mine field. another thing... dont play kumble on friday!!!
I agree, but expect Dravid to do the opposite. :huh: