Duleep Trophy 2008-2009

Chandan

What a terrific knock from Dinesh Karthik!! He scored 153 runs of just 113 deliveries and has bailed out South single handedly! Only if he could keep as well too!! South's Yadav has failed miserably--how on earth did he he picked in the playing XI--whereas Central's Yadav has scalped 4, including Laxman and Dravid. The match is being played with Kookaburra ball and this guy is worth keeping an eye on! Only if we could know anything about him!! Score: 294/8 at tea.

Looks like it was a green track and hence early swing of kookaburra accounted for the top six batsmen. On a green pitch you would not like to give Piyush Chawla many overs against a rampant Dinesh Karthik. Murali Karthik plays for Railways which comes under Central Zone.

Why did Piyush Chawla only bowl 4 overs? because he was raped by Dinesh Karthik! ====================== And why is Murali Kartik in the central zone team? Murali Karthik represents Railways, thoug he is a chennai resident.traditionally Railways cricketers represent Central zone teams in duleep/deodhar trophy.may be the railways cricket association has a vote in central zone selector's selection.i remember central zone selectors vociferously pushing for the inclusion of Sanjay Bangar a few years back and also for Murali Karthik's selection in the one day team. ===========================

Looks like it was a green track and hence early swing of kookaburra accounted for the top six batsmen. On a green pitch you would not like to give Piyush Chawla many overs against a rampant Dinesh Karthik. Murali Karthik plays for Railways which comes under Central Zone.
Well, good. I want to see some green tracks in domestics, so we can figure out if those 300 hitting openers and/or middle order centurions of domestic cricket can score a good 70-80 runs on green ones. We need to eventually find folks who can tour NZ (not the current tour, but future), SA, etc.
Is Murali Vijay hurt? Fellow opens for India' date=' puts on a respectable show, but is not in the SZ XI? I just don't get it.[/quote'] Murali Vijay has a hairline crack on his thumb, he could have played with some protective covering on the thumb, but unnecessary risk . so rested.
^^ Arjun Yadav
besides being a quota player just because of shivlal yadav's son, Arjun Yadav has also manhandled and abused the promising Ambati Rayudu after Rayudu quit Hyderabad cricket Association ranji team and joined Andhra ranji team.The very reason Rayudu was forced to chose ICL was because of Shivlal Yadav and Arjun Yadav duo.in indian domestic cricket, u just cant afford to antagonise the secretary and hope to represent the country/zone.poor Ambati Rayudu. he had so much potential. single handedly won the 3 match one day series for india when the youth team toured england with superb performances. promised a lot after that. but if Arjun yadav was the stubling block in his path, and Shivlal yadav is so selfish, how can Rayudu ever hope to represent indian A team or challenger teams!politics.
Thanks. I suppose if the track is green, we can see how Sreesanth is coming along.

Sree going for plenty of runs. Balaji seems to be bowling tightly. I can't imagine if the track can remain green after the sun beating hard for an entire day in Bangalore. Whatever moisture in the pitch, would have evaporated by now. And It was clear with how the SZ batsmen scored post lunch.

Sree going for plenty of runs. Balaji seems to be bowling tightly. I can't imagine if the track can remain green after the sun beating hard for an entire day in Bangalore. Whatever moisture in the pitch, would have evaporated by now. And It was clear with how the SZ batsmen scored post lunch.
i dont know when u posted this.any way, sree may have settled down after conceding plenty of runs to end up with 13 runs off 4 overs, Balaji 11 off 6 overs. I dread at the sight of SS Shukla. he puts the fear of bowling to a door in the bowlers these days, hope he does not play another of his 12 hours innings! want to watch sreesanth pick up half a dozen wickets.

Kaif(73) Gone, Ohja(71*)holding fort.,223-5-TEA Tanmay Srivastava c Dinesh Karthik b Robin Uthappa 24 Shivakant Shukla b Sreesanth 26 Yere Goud c Dinesh Karthik b Lakshmipathy Balaji 4 Mohammad Kaif © c Robin Uthappa b Marripuri Suresh 73 Parvinder Singh lbw b Sreesanth 5 Naman Ojha (W) Batting 71 Bhuvneshwar Kumar* Batting 5 b: 4, lb: 4, nb: 5, wd: 2, penalty: 0 Total: 223/5 in 76.0 overs, Run Rate: 2.93