Ponting starts whinging already

arkay

Pappusen happy at Oz loss and lauds India:

ENGLAND captain Kevin Pietersen has admitted he had a laugh when he heard of South Africa's stunning win over Australia in the first Test. And he has fanned the flames of the traditional Australia-England rivalry ahead of next year's Ashes series. South African-born Pietersen was batting in the second Test against India in Mohali when the scoreboard showed the South Africans had won the match. "It made me chuckle a little bit," he told The Sun. "It's going to be interesting, that Ashes series. "They've got two more Tests in Australia and then three back in South Africa. "I'm sure there's going to be some very entertaining cricket played in the next five Test matches." And Pietersen isn't the only oversea player who loved the Proteas' victory in Perth ... the world of cricket is overjoyed. South African players have been receiving congratulatory text messages from other players around the world who have rejoiced in the Proteas stunning win in Perth. The Proteas say they were "egged on" by a cricket world which has long tired of Australia's decade-long dominance. India's players organised a TV feed of the Perth Test into their Mohali dressingroom, during the second Test against England. It is no great secret that Australia's rivals have been awaiting its demise after suffering constant drubbings over the past 10 years. South African coach Mickey Arthur said his side has done cricket a favour by bringing Australia back to earth and making giant strides towards establishing a new world order. "I have had a lot of text messages from other guys around international cricket," Arthur said. "It's great for world cricket, you can't have such a gap between international sides. "I am over the moon that the gap is closing and I think it is good for cricket in general. "India are doing fantastically well and England are there or thereabouts." Arthur was fascinated to learn that many of India's players were cheering on the Proteas from their dressingroom. "I think that just shows the magnitude of the win and the dominance that Australia have had," Arthur said. "We can call ourselves the finished article once we win a series against these guys." South Africa insists it is keeping its feet on the ground but is privately eyeing off a 3-0 Test series whitewash which would see it displace Australia as world No. 1. Australia may be a fading force but at least fans in this country have got a contest after watching a decade or more of one-sided Test series on home soil. "We've got a contest, this is what everyone had been craving, the fans, the players," Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin said. "Everyone wants to see a really good cricket game.'

Punter gets body language coaching after Ricky horror show: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24839061-2882,00.html

AUSTRALIAN coach Tim Nielsen has spoken to captain Ricky Ponting about body language issues raised during the Perth Test. As Australia was under the pump at the WACA Ground, Ponting did not project a confident air. His shoulders were slumped and he raised his hands to his head in dismay on several occasions. Former Test greats criticised Ponting for his demeanour and Nielsen, who was yesterday reappointed as Australian coach for another three years, said it had been addressed. "We have spoken about it," Nielsen said yesterday. "I'm sure he's aware of it. We will do our best to keep getting better and better at that in the next little while.

Wow. Pressure of being so dominating in the past decade. Couple of bad games and the knives are sticking out. Something in tells me, RSA won't be able to win the series. I think this series will probably end up being draw.

Human teapot(ing): http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24831873-2882,00.html

THE message booming out to Australia after losing the Test match is that some of its key players are overrated, lacking form or too arrogant. And some, like captain Ricky Ponting, need to have a look at themselves and the damage negative body language can do when the team has been driven on to the back foot. South Africa was simply magnificent. On previous tours we have mocked and criticised the Proteas for being chokers and underachievers. They came out and made fools of the ghouls by producing a victory to rate with any achieved on Australian soil. Ponting cannot be expected to be Mr Perfect, but his body language is substandard when the side needs him most. Becoming a human teapot when young bowlers such as Peter Siddle or Jason Krejza are struggling just creates more pressure in a side where insecurity is already spreading like a juicy rumour.
Wow. Pressure of being so dominating in the past decade. Couple of bad games and the knives are sticking out. Something in tells me, RSA won't be able to win the series. I think this series will probably end up being draw.
Not necessarily. The pressure is on the Aussie team big time...now we will see what they are really made of. This is the real test of what survived of the dominant team of the 90's and early 2000's. It will also be a test of Ponting's captaincy and his batsmanship. He has made runs in a dominant team...can he do the same in a team that is being dominated? Can he turn the domination around through his captaincy and with the resources at hand? He needs to be pyschologically strong to do this. He showed cracks in Perth that suggest that he is to be found wanting. But let's see if he can dig deep and turn things around. They have to come from behind against a good opponent with an attack that will take to the local conditions...and an opponent that is flush with victory and psychologically buoyant, free of the previous psychological hangovers banished through sheer effort and will. Expect Dale Steyn to fire up and Morkel too....not the timid bowling we saw in Perth. Next game, they are going to come alive like they didn't at Perth. It's going to be a very interesting summer of cricket. You see, if Oz lose the series here...they then have to go to SA to face even more music...that is a daunting prospect looming in the distance as well. Psychological pressure on the team is immense. Will they succumb or triumph?

There is no pride at taking potshots at Australia when they clearly are down. Why did not anyone raise their level when Aussies were dominating for a decade ? Besides India, no other team has given headaches and instead Aussies have humiliated them time and time. I feel like people who got their asses handed over during the Aussie dominance are sticking their neck out and chest thumping unnecessarily. Sure the RSA managed a world record in Perth but even their dominance is cut short (like India) in world level because of their inconsistency.

There is no pride at taking potshots at Australia when they clearly are down. Why did not anyone raise their level when Aussies were dominating for a decade ? Besides India' date= no other team has given headaches and instead Aussies have humiliated them time and time. I feel like people who got their asses handed over during the Aussie dominance are sticking their neck out and chest thumping unnecessarily. Sure the RSA managed a world record in Perth but even their dominance is cut short (like India) in world level because of their inconsistency.
That they lost to us after beating everyone else in their own turfs in 2001 and that we were able to defend our cup in 2003-04 in Australia by taking a lead in the series (1-0 after the Adelaide Test) shows that we were the only ones even remotely testing them. The 2004 series at home, they beat us and in 2007-08 they beat us but in 2008-09, we beat them. So, since the 2000s, we've won 2, and they have won 2 and one series was drawn. I'd say thats a record that no other team in this period can show. Other than the Ashes '05, no other team has beaten Australia in a series this decade. So, Australia are still the #1 team no matter what. That they haven't lost a single game since the final of 1999 in WCs shows how consistent they were. They're still on a high perch.
There is no pride at taking potshots at Australia when they clearly are down. Why did not anyone raise their level when Aussies were dominating for a decade ? Besides India, no other team has given headaches and instead Aussies have humiliated them time and time. I feel like people who got their asses handed over during the Aussie dominance are sticking their neck out and chest thumping unnecessarily. Sure the RSA managed a world record in Perth but even their dominance is cut short (like India) in world level because of their inconsistency
Not taking potshots. Setting the scene and stating what is at stake. The series is an interesting one precisely because of this. And this is a searing test for the Oz team...there is no foregone conclusion that they will fail. If they win, it will be a huge effort, a champion effort. If they do. There is also no need to dismiss SA effort because India gave Aussies a run for their money when they were dominant. Each effort stands on it's own and has it's own setting and build up. There is no mutual exclusion.
There is no pride at taking potshots at Australia when they clearly are down. Why did not anyone raise their level when Aussies were dominating for a decade ? Besides India, no other team has given headaches and instead Aussies have humiliated them time and time. I feel like people who got their asses handed over during the Aussie dominance are sticking their neck out and chest thumping unnecessarily. Sure the RSA managed a world record in Perth but even their dominance is cut short (like India) in world level because of their inconsistency.
Yes, this is the biggest battle other teams need to win. India has done very well in the Year 2008 - congratulations. We need to keep it up, and be consistent. Aus need to be challenged consistently and dislodged from their #1 spot.