DirecTV CricketPlus

Inside_edge

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus I am stuck cause last time I checked the monthly charges on directTv was going to be more than I pay for dish and also they weren't giving the receivers for free. they also charge extra for each additional room. need to check their package again.

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus I used to have Dish.I tell you-the customer support is abominably bad.100% outsourced (guys names are like George minocha,Mike dhingra,Phil mathur etc..).Yoda change it to Direct. At the worst u'll have to seal four holes on the shingles..big deal?? Even otherwise StarNews' 'Wah Cricket-sandeep patil' freaking follows the game like nothing b4 I have seen in Ind channels. They show fall of each wicket (they dont telecast live) with instant reaction from public in metros and impromptu analysis. As expected they have been pouring scorn in their report against Tendu,Shewag,Greg,Bhajii.Their recent report on Dhoni's bulging tummy,Yuvi's visit to fashion shows (where he asks the Starnews to fack off),Tendu's endorsements each followed by how they get shafted in field, was hilarious.

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus I agree, DirecTV is the way to go My Balcony is already full with 3 and I wanted to put this 30" Oval Dish for Directv, got my cuz to send me a DVR etc but dropped the idea at the last moment Cuz, CBN Canada bascially shows everything. I am sure they will have a segment on this Cricket Plus, they have already started showing Starplus programming at night But now, I am have different plans. Get a slingbox and install it in India, watch everything from there via Broadband in Canada and then connect that to TV

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus The monthly package is like this. 30 bucks for 7 ch desi stuff (this includes Cricket plus) 10 bucks for HD (first 4 months free)-Uni HD,HDNets,Discovery HD,TNTHD etc..ESPNHD (2) etc.. Local HDs are free (not so with Dish) Receivers if not free up front you receive codes (100 bucks coupon) for online activation and tracking 5 bucks for extra receiver (same with Dish) You must have at least a 10 bucks American basic (which is useless) so realistically 30 bucks for a good 'preferred choice' package The biggest diff is HD package.Dish's 50 bucks (first 10 mos for 30bucks each).

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus

Rajeev, How does slingbox work?? In India they have PAL system?? How can you watch it here in USA/Canada??
Slingbox connects to the Cable Reciever in India which connects to Router I can access that through web interface, doesnt matter about PAL/NTSC

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus

rajeev' date=' can folks in india watch a different channel using the same cable servi ce?[/quote'] Didn't follow the question Do you mean, one is showing cricket and at the same time, you can watch another? If yes, then you need dual tuner cable box