Public request regarding state/origin-bias, and calling amits

Mr. Wicket

Our resident pure-Indian sage amits made the following suggestion in another thread:

and also most of the indians who support rohit sharma r mumbai-ites or telugus. ppl from north & central india arent too supportive of rohit sharma. and its time state/origin-biasness in player support was removed
This is a great idea. But I think it can only catch on if the proponents of this idea lead by example! I hereby request amits to lead us all in ridding ourselves of state/origin-bias, by providing us with essays on why he has overrated Shikhar Dhawan, Ishant Sharma, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag and Akash Chopra, and showing some appreciation for some random players from other regions of India with odes to Ajit Agarkar, Ranadeb Bose, Dinesh Karthik and Parthiv Patel. Lead the way amits, and hopefully people will follow your example and rid this board of state/origin-bias. The rest of you who are curious about this idea, please encourage amits to start knocking some of his Delhi boys and showering the same praise upon other zonal reps. :--D

in a strange way, if we dont blow the trumpet of cricketers from our part of the country, who else will do! any way, ICF is not full of narrow minded parochial guys. I like Rohit amd Raina. but when it comes to technical flaws, I think Raina shud correct himself very quickly because he does not play the short ball confidently, some times looks like a sitting duck. he will be exposed in Test cricket. v remember Vinod Kambi too well. i wll not become anti-raina by saying that or a telugu or mumbaikar. similarly i liked AKash Chopra in australia and pakistan. but now v cant accommodate him in the squad when u have 2 gun batsmen like GG& Veeru. but Dhawan had the opportunity to impress selectors this season beforre the knock out started. not sure whether he had outscored other strong contenders. this does not mean i am anti- delhi. I like M.Vijay( his current girl friend is my best friend's ex.girl friend:--D). i heard about his dedication and determination. amazing.Badri deserves a break very soon. I wish one these played against England in the 2nd test and Dravid rested. but this does not mean i hate karnataka cricketers. I like Abhishek Nayar, Manoj Tewary,Yusuf Pathan,Pujara, hmmm Robin uththppa too!

in a strange way, if we dont blow the trumpet of cricketers from our part of the country, who else will do! any way, ICF is not full of narrow minded parochial guys. I like Rohit amd Raina. but when it comes to technical flaws, I think Raina shud correct himself very quickly because he does not play the short ball confidently, some times looks like a sitting duck. he will be exposed in Test cricket. v remember Vinod Kambi too well. i wll not become anti-raina by saying that or a telugu or mumbaikar. similarly i liked AKash Chopra in australia and pakistan. but now v cant accommodate him in the squad when u have 2 gun batsmen like GG& Veeru. but Dhawan had the opportunity to impress selectors this season beforre the knock out started. not sure whether he had outscored other strong contenders. this does not mean i am anti- delhi. I like M.Vijay( his current girl friend is my best friend's ex.girl friend:--D). i heard about his dedication and determination. amazing.Badri deserves a break very soon. I wish one these played against England in the 2nd test and Dravid rested. but this does not mean i hate karnataka cricketers. I like Abhishek Nayar, Manoj Tewary,Yusuf Pathan,Pujara, hmmm Robin uththppa too!
Badri will be a disaster for Indian cricket if given a break in the test team. Anyone who saw him playing against Aus A, NZ A and Australian XI will realise that. As I watched Tiwari today, I thought that he was quite unconvincing against the military medium bowlers of TN. Wonder how will he handle bowlers bowling 150k! I'm rather eager to see how Pujara does against quality bowlers! I can't decide yet for M Vijay because I've seen him batting in just two innings and they were relatively very short knocks to form an opinion. I'm also not convinced about Rohit's ability to construct an inning in the longer format. Although he had hit a marvellous ton vs Australian XI, I'll still like to see a few more more knocks like that from him to be fully convinced about his concentration and other such ability.
I'm also not convinced about Rohit's ability to construct an inning in the longer format. Although he had hit a marvellous ton vs Australian XI, I'll still like to see a few more more knocks like that from him to be fully convinced about his concentration and other such ability.
Yep ... thats what he needs to work on. Convert these really fluent 40s and 50s into big hundreds
why do you say so?
He can't handle fast bowling. The way he played against Bollinger and co in longer version and Tait and co in shorter version was very very disappointing. Even the NZ A bowlers gave him nightmares. And you must hjave watched BP XI vs Aus XI match. That should tell you enough about his ability or lack of it to tackle pace bowling. And a player who can't face even the A bowlers on slow and low tracks of India won't be a success in international arena.
C'mon Amits - Whole of India is waiting... I'm fantasicing of you writing an appreciation article on Sreesanth...
Thank you dinakar, I forgot Sreesanth. I look forward to amits' appreciation essays on Sreesanth, Parthiv, Karthik and Bose - almost as much as I'm looking forward to his essays on why he overrates Dhawan, Sehwag and the other Dilli boys. Come on amits and let's start getting rid of the state/origin-bias on the board. :--D

heres the whole list - delhi(ranji team + origin) players i like - sehwag gambhir dhawan akash chopra ishant amit mishra and some more... delhi players i hate - virat kohli nehra non-delhi players i like - tendulkar laxman zaheer harbhajan kaif raina pravin kumar pujara yusuf pathan murali vijay dinesh kartik rahane and many more... and non-delhi players i hate - rohit sharma parthiv patel its not just i like only delhi players. and its not my fault that delhi players r doing great in the indian team. our 2 best batsmen this year(sehwag & gambhir) & the best(or maybe 2nd best after zaheer) bowler(ishant) have been from delhi besides the best batsman not to get a chance for india(dhawan) is from delhi