My God!!

Dhondy

I watched every ball played yesterday and enjoyed it thoroughly. Ponting looked lost and the commentators on ABC were so frustrated they called some of the field set by Ponting as muppet set up. Good to see Ponting so meek and submissive. Truth to be told, the likes of Siddle and Johnson bowled a lot of wicket taking balls but luck just didn't favour them. Duminy and the Saffie tail were positive at all times. That paid high dividends. For a moment it felt like a face off between Aussies and Saffies. How often in the past hadn't we seen Gilly or Steve Waugh do similar act with the Aussie tail to South Africa? It looked like a face off yesterday. Terrific fight back by South Africa, they now seem to believe they are good enough to trash the Aussies. Welcome to the new world order. Oh btw special mention about Aussie catching. Not just the batting and bowling that has looked lacking ability but their catching was crap. Their catching against India in India wasn’t any good either. Hussey’s failed attempt to catch a skier at mid on is one of the worst attempts I have seen for a long time. How can one misjudge a catch and end up a meter away when the ball came down? No excuses such as sun in the eyes can be given as he was wearing sun glasses. I have not seen a bungle like this even in club cricket. 3 catches went down and none of them could be termed tough. Ponting’s one perhaps was the toughest of all but was not too tough to catch. Hussey looked scared whenever the ball was hit in the air. Looks like self-doubt has crept into Aussie team. Never have they looked so submissive in the last couple of decades. Not much chatter from anyone and they lacked energy through out the day. They seem to not know what hit them yesterday.