Countdown for Mr.Cricket ave below 55

triam

when did Sriram say that..i dont recall..maybe he wud have said in reference to ODI cricket and that too implying that Sachin shd choose and pick ODIs..we worshipers never say these kinda stuff about GOD :D only whimsical devotees like Zubi does that :D
Nope he said it before the aussie series regarding the tests!:--D He is not a true believer:nono:
Almost there. 55.29 ! Good that there is no test series vs Pakis. Otherwise his avg. would have again rocketed to 60 :winky:
Ah! So finally it is below 55 after the 1st Ashes test where he scored just 3 in one inning. Tests 38 65 9 3044 182 54.35 6322 48.14 9 14 334 18 34 0
very overrated. typical of most australians.
Overrated? He was dominating every team for such a long time. Consistently high scores. It's surely only a matter of time before he gets back to his best. And yeah please enlighten me on which other Aussie batsman are overrated?

What's your take on M Waugh vs M Hussey? I haven't seen a lot of Waugh but I know he was one of the classy batsmen of his generation.But his test average is just 41 while that of Hussey's is 50+, I know Waugh had far better bowling attack to deal with than what Hussey faces today. Do you really think Waugh would have averaged 50+ if he was playing now and Hussey, a meager 40+ if he was playing during Waugh's era(provided he got into the team first)?

Mr.Wicket has it spot on there, those are the changes required. Have a look at this: 05- 5 matches, 10 innings, 595 runs @ 85 06- 10 matches, 15 innings, 965 runs @ 80.42 07- 4 matches, 6 innings, 374 runs @ 74.8 08- 14 matches, 25 innings, 900 runs @ 37.5 09- 8 matches, 14 innings, 362 runs @ 27.85 Every year, it has been getting lower, time for him to go. From 05-07, he scored 1'934 runs @ 80.07 From 08-09, he's scored 1'262 runs @ 32.68 Drop Hussey, bring Hughes back, demote Watson to his more preferred position.

What's your take on M Waugh vs M Hussey? I haven't seen a lot of Waugh but I know he was one of the classy batsmen of his generation.But his test average is just 41 while that of Hussey's is 50+, I know Waugh had far better bowling attack to deal with than what Hussey faces today. Do you really think Waugh would have averaged 50+ if he was playing now and Hussey, a meager 40+ if he was playing during Waugh's era(provided he got into the team first)?
Waugh was very talented but threw his wicket away with lazy shots all too often. if he had half his brothers grit he'd be an all time great. He did play some damn fine innings- his 116 vs Seth Efrica in 97 was genius. Hussey might be marginally less talented. But taluntt aint everything. I doubt he averaged much more had he been around today-though he defo could have, that just the kind of player he was.
Guest Gunner
You should compare Mark Waugh and VVS Laxman, both had the same lazy elegance and the gifting away their wicket syndrome. I would wake up at anytime in the night to watch Mark Waugh bat, pure elegance. Amarnath, gower, Mark Waugh, VVS Laxman...