Hayden must go

kannanp7

Hayden says he will go and be with his family now because he didn't get picked in the one day squad. How about this for an idea you stubborn fool go back and get some form for queensland that might help your cause for still getting picked in the test team in the future. This bloke is so arrogaunt and doesn't realize that he no longer is good enough to be in the team. Shaun marsh your welcome.

. Shaun marsh your welcome.
Has even worse form than Hayden since the Windies tour. There are 44 names ahead of him in the Sheffield Shield runs table for this season and a few of them are bowlers. Eight innings. 1 over 50. He is 23rd. on the Ranger Cup list. 7 other state openers are above him - the top 3 are limited overs openers. 7 innings. 1 over 50. So much for credibility of your analysis. :regular_smile:

Hayden is not ready to retire yet Run-shy batsman Matthew Hayden insists he needs time to decide his international future after being dropped by Australia. More... Hayden could retire before Ashes Hayden could be coming towards the end of his international career Run-shy batsman Matthew Hayden insists he is undecided over whether to retire from international cricket after being dropped by Australia. Opener Hayden, 37, was overlooked for the Twenty20 and one-day internationals against South Africa but says he is not ready to make a decision on his future. "I'm playing out the summer and taking the energy to get back on the horse or making a decision not to," he said. "It's as clear cut as that. I will take that time because I respect the game." He added: "If mates were telling me, 'mate it's time to go' I would certainly listen to that. But my mates aren't saying that. "The people who do understand the difficulties of our role as cricketers aren't saying that to me. I'm paid to get runs and when you are short of runs then you have to start asking questions "Ultimately it will be my call to look at the bloke that talks to yourself every day in the mirror and say 'mate it is time to go or saddle up, pull your socks up and get on with it - you've got South Africa and you've got the Ashes'." Hayden will now return to Queensland and believes playing for his state side will ultimately help him decide his international future. The left-hander has an impressive Test average of 51.34 and has been a cornerstone of Australia's all-conquering side since making his debut in 1994. But his form has dipped in the past 12 months with an average of 23.50 in his last seven Tests and no centuries since last January. His recent struggle for runs prompted the Australia selectors to turn their attention to New South Wales batsman David Warner and Queensland's Ryan Harris, a move which Hayden understands. "I'm paid to get runs and when you are short of runs then you have to start asking questions," he said. But with his long-term future evidently in doubt, Hayden is adamant he will not make any quick decisions. "My immediate future is to go back home to my family and to the people who love me the most and enjoy this time," he said. "It's been a pretty long last four months. It's very difficult to take a breath and get my mind around what my future does hold. "I'm going to take the time to do that. There's a Shield game I want to play. I want to take my time and make a good decision moving forward." Australia Twenty20 squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey (vc), David Hussey, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Hopes, Nathan Bracken, Brad Haddin, Shaun Marsh, Shaun Tait, David Warner, Ryan Harris, Cameron White, Nathan Hauritz. Australia one-day international squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (vc), Brad Haddin, James Hopes, Nathan Bracken, Shaun Marsh, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, Cameron White, Shaun Tait, Peter Siddle.

the aussie selectors have made the right choice in preffering youngsters. However I feel Hayden deserves to be given one more series to ressurect his test career. He is just too good a player to fail for too long. Ideally he should play till the Ashes if he can regain his touch.

Has even worse form than Hayden since the Windies tour. There are 44 names ahead of him in the Sheffield Shield runs table for this season and a few of them are bowlers. Eight innings. 1 over 50. He is 23rd. on the Ranger Cup list. 7 other state openers are above him - the top 3 are limited overs openers. 7 innings. 1 over 50. So much for credibility of your analysis. :regular_smile:
Mate what are you talking about. Who cares how many runs he has made in state cricket the fact remains he played in all of the aussies most recent one dayers and was the best batsmen. People are saying hodge should make it because he has scored an unbelievable amount of runs for victoria this season. But last time he played for australia was a 7 match one day series in india where he batted 7 times and averaged about 5. Do you mean to tell me if bracken hadn't taken a wicket yet for nsw that he wouldn't resume his place in the national side. Maybe that's why your country has never and will never be number 1 because the selectors might use your logic.
Mate what are you talking about. Who cares how many runs he has made in state cricket the fact remains he played in all of the aussies most recent one dayers and was the best batsmen. Do you mean to tell me if bracken hadn't taken a wicket yet for nsw that he wouldn't resume his place in the national side. Maybe that's why your country has never and will never be number 1 because the selectors might use your logic.
Oh dear. Way out of your depth, pal. Where do I start ? Marsh has played in 8 ODIs. None against RSA, Pakistan, England, SL, NZ or India. Bracken has played 92 ODIs (against all comers) and is rated #2 ODI bowler in the world. Nonsensical comparison. I was going to try to address your last sentence but gave up as I couldn't understand it. :regular_smile:
While I agree that Marsh's form hasnt been great ... there is no denying he is a very talented batsman and the Aussie selectors and captain have identified that and been able to look past his form. Phil Hughes for instance is in awesome form but I dont think his technique will allow him to survive against some of the Indian and South African bowlers who really get the ball to dart around late (like Zaheer, Ishant, Steyn).