3rd ODI, WI v New Zealand at Wellington - Jan 7, 2009

Big Picture West Indies' thrilling five-wicket win in a truncated match in Christchurch gives them an edge going into the third ODI in Wellington. Ramnaresh Sarwan, who scored his first half-century of the tour after a disappointing Test series, and Denesh Ramdin, who impressed in just his second game as vice-captain - he made 28 in 18 balls to help his team win - starred in an exciting comeback after their team needed 40 off 20 balls with five wickets left. Ramdin, who performed poorly in the Test series, managing 17 runs in three innings, had reason to be optimistic ahead of his next game when he said he was capable of winning more matches for his team. New Zealand will be hurting for having squandered a winning position, and with allrounder Jacob Oram a doubtful starter for Wellington, they'll be short on confidence. Andy Moles, their coach, has stressed the need to be more ruthless to finish games off after gaining the upper-hand, and emphasised the importance of the top five batting for longer durations to give their bowlers the cushion of a sizeable total. The visitors, on the other hand, have fewer worries at this point, with their captain Chris Gayle continuing to look good - he made a brisk 36 off 31 balls in Christchurch - and their fast bowlers, particularly Fidel Edwards, doing a commendable job - the trio of Edwards, Daren Powell and Jerome Taylor conceded 70 in 17 overs and took five wickets between them - to keep New Zealand down to a chaseable score.
Go West Indies ... I have $5 on WIndies on this one and $5 on gayle to outscore Chattergoon :pray:

Los indies back to their old ways 67/6 in an ODI against their point neighbors.... I dont feel sorry for any WI player, I dont feel sorry for WI fans. I do feel immensely sorry for Tony Cozier, the standalone commentator par excellence who has to talk through their travails by rote, everytime.