‘I love the game…I enjoy my cricket’ : Tendulkar

Feed

The switch-hit is an interesting innovation… I don’t really know the leg-before call for the umpire once the batsman changes his stance. If his stance is that of a right-hander, I believe, the umpire should regard him as a right-hander irrespective of whether he changes his stance or not. (Then, he gets up, stands straight facing the imaginary umpire holding the imaginary bat between his legs). What am I now? Am I a right-hander or a left-hander? The stance is extremely important and the umpire should ask the batsman the question at the start — “Are you a right-hander or a left-hander.†You have various issues here. If I keep three slips for a batsman and then he plays the switch hit, he can claim a no-ball since the rules do not allow more than two fielders behind square. Lest people miss the very serious genuine points raised by Sachin.. I have not been following cricket articles lately but has anyone asked thse questions. Sachin da seems to have very very very very firm grasp over cirkcet in general.. I wud love to see him as commentator in years to come..
SRT has always had a very good cricket brain, it's too bad he got a horrible team when he was the captain.
he raises a good point.lets say that tendukar is facing mitchell johnson with 3 slips and starts off as a left hander and switches once the bowler is in stride.now this could be considered a no-ball and sachin could pad-away anything outside off without the fear of being LBW.
IMO the rules should not change when the batsman tries something like the switch hit..the batsman is taking a huge gamble and if it comes off well good for him but if not he is gonna look like a fool..see the bowler does not know about this and if the batsman just pads a ball that is pitched outside off then the umpire has every right to give the batsman out if he thinks that the ball is heading for the stumps..because neither the umpire nor the bowler had any idea about the batsman changing his grip and its hugely unfair for the bowlers if they are denied of a LBW or called a no ball for no fault of the bowler..so the umpire should not worry about the batsman changing the grip and should give the usual decisions
IMO the rules should not change when the batsman tries something like the switch hit..the batsman is taking a huge gamble and if it comes off well good for him but if not he is gonna look like a fool..see the bowler does not know about this and if the batsman just pads a ball that is pitched outside off then the umpire has every right to give the batsman out if he thinks that the ball is heading for the stumps..because neither the umpire nor the bowler had any idea about the batsman changing his grip and its hugely unfair for the bowlers if they are denied of a LBW or called a no ball for no fault of the bowler..so the umpire should not worry about the batsman changing the grip and should give the usual decisions
in an ODI game, if a rightie switches to a leftie n the bowlers fires it down the off stump of now left hander,should it be called a wide by your logic?bcoz it is leg side wide for a rite hander.
Interesting. Sachin talked about Gary Kirsten, Paddy Upton, Robin Singh, Venkatesh Prasad, Dhananjay, Russell (?!), when the interviewer asked about Dhoni and his captaincy. Hmmm... If I remember right, Sachin was offered the captaincy when Dravid quit but he magnanimously chose to give way for Dravid. But strangely, the seniors have never been affluent in their praise for Dhoni and his captaincy, atleast publicly.
its not about Dhoni,man. Sachin said he is 'calm n composed'.but people dont ask about kirsten n rest of coaching staff.so sachin just mentioned that it is important to appreciate these fellas too.infact he mentioned more about dhoni than anybody other:sherlock:
in an ODI game' date=' if a rightie switches to a leftie n the bowlers fires it down the off stump of now left hander,should it be called a wide by your logic?bcoz it is leg side wide for a rite hander.[/quote'] yes..it should be called a wide..well isint that the same with reverse sweep..i mean when a rightie tries to reverse sweep the bowler and the bowler bowls down the leg side of the rightie and the rightie misses it, it is still called a wide..so yes the same rule should apply for the switch hit too

MCA felicitates Sachin for crossing 12000 run mark in tests :two_thumbs_up:

Sachin Tendulkar was felicitated by the Mumbai Cricket Association at the Bandra Kurla Complex in the city today (January 9). The little master was felicitated for crossing a milestone of 12,000 runs in Test cricket. The felicitation function which was held in Mumbai was attended by Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, ICC vice-president Sharad Pawar and the BCCI president elect Shashank Manohar. An extensive ceremony was organised by the MCA which also conincided with the inauguration Indoor cricket Academy and a recreational club. India's batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar on Friday said he was not in favour of playing matches at neutral venues as it takes away much of the charm. "I don't agree with the neutral venue. Whenever a team plays, it should play in front of the crowd which is against them or behind them... even at the international level," Tendulkar said when asked about his feelings before playing the Ranji Trophy final against Uttar Pradesh which starts in Hyderabad from Monday. "We get very few matches to play at neutral venues such as World Cup or Champions Trophy otherwise through most part of our careers we play in the opponent's country or at home." Tendulkar said he was not worried about the future of Tests in the wake of ODIs and Twenty20 matches but rather about dwindling attendance in the longer version of the game. "Test cricket has its own place. There is no threat to Test cricket from IPL or T20 World Cup or even 50-over matches. But I am only concerned about the falling attendance for Test matches in India," Tendulkar said. "I have a suggestion for the BCCI. Whenever Test cricket is played, local school and college students should be allowed free entry on weekends so that 10 years down the line these children will become lovers of Test cricket. Children aged between 12-13 should be introduced to Test cricket and that will be the way to keep their interest alive 10 years down the line," he said. "I remember when I was 10-year old, I went to the Wankhede stadium and watched the West Indies in action. I still remember Michael Holding's bowling in that match." The champion batsman rated his trip to Australia last year as the most memorable in his career. "Last year when I played in Australia, I got a standing ovation everywhere, which had never happened in my life. So that is the most memorable part of my career," he said. Asked about his dreams, the Mumbai batsman said he had dreamt as anyone would have but what was important was that he made efforts to chase them. "It's extremely important to chase your dreams. It is said that you dream while you are asleep but you can realise only when you are awake so one must be awake and chase their dreams," he said.:hatsoff: "When I started playing cricket, every cricketer grew up with a target which was to beat Sunil Gavaskar's record. I was told that that's where I had to reach for people to remember me. I am happy that I could reach it." The master-blaster was felicitated with a silver souvenir, which was presented to him by MCA president Sharad Pawar and BCCI chief Shashank Manohar after the formal inauguration of the Association's Indoor Cricket Academy and Recreation Centre at its Bandra-Kurla complex premises. Tendulkar also suggested to the MCA that Giles Shield and Harris Shield inter-school matches should be played on league format initially so that each player gets at least three matches to play. "There might be hidden talent that may go unnoticed if the school is knocked after only one match. Unearthing such talent is good for Mumbai as well as India," he said. Tendulkar also expressed hope that Mumbai could lift the Ranji Trophy for the 38th time when they take on UP in the final scheduled in Hyderabad from January 12-16. "At this moment my Mumbai colleagues are here. We want to go to Hyderabad, play good cricket and lift the trophy for the 38th time," he said.
http://www.timesnow.tv/NewsDtls.aspx?NewsID=25937 http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2009/jan/09i-dont-agree-with-neutral-venues-tendulkar.htm