I dont know how much impact I have made : Tendulkar

Feed

U HAVE ANY VIDEOS' date='BUDDY?[/quote'] http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/236809.html from bulletin... An irresistible batting force swept across the floodlit Gaddafi Stadium as India produced a superbly-paced run-chase, clinching their 11th consecutive win while chasing in a one-dayer to record a memorable five-wicket triumph. Three dazzling half-centuries - with Sachin Tendulkar coating his with a varnish of genius, Yuvraj Singh reeking confidence from every pore, and Mahendra Singh Dhoni jam-packing his with immense power - blended into an intoxicating mix as India cruised to an imposing 289 and ran away to a 2-1 lead in the series. Pakistan played a part in a sensational contest between bat and ball - Shoaib Malik and Abdul Razzaq dug them out of a rut while Mohammad Asif and Umar Gul put in an outstanding new-ball display - but they fell apart in the face of the Indian batting juggernaut, one that was unstoppable on this day. Chasing 289 under overcast skies, with the ball deviously snaking around, was never going to be easy and Asif conjured up a few magical balls to reduce India to 12 for 2. What stunned Pakistan, though, was the sublime touch of Tendulkar and his textbook-perfect judgment blended with dazzling strokeplay in a truly magnificent innings. He was lucky twice - first when Asif, at third man, couldn't get his hands on a hard chance and later, on 36, when Kamran Akmal grassed a regulation chance down the leg side - but his impeccable defensive methods made him stand apart. Unlike Dravid, who looked mostly lost against a magnificent spell of seam bowling, Tendulkar left with precision and displayed signs of his vintage best. The attacking strokes were reeled off with a stamp of the emphatic - cover-drives drawing wonderous gasps, straight-drives automatically bringing the hands together in applause, back-foot pulls reminiscent of a little lad who charmed a nation, and the impish improvisation that left the bowlers aghast and helpless. He left with the platform all set, ready for two wonder kids to seal the issue.

enjoy this praise too-by Dravid http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/pakvind/content/story/236960.html Pakistan v India, 3rd ODI, Lahore 'Special' Tendulkar a treat to watch, says Dravid Cricinfo staff February 13, 2006 Rahul Dravid on Sachin Tendulkar: 'He realised there was something happening with the ball, realised we needed to keep wickets' © Getty Images One can pull out the thesaurus and combine different adjectives to describe Sachin Tendulkar's 95 at the Gaddafi Stadium at Lahore, but nothing may convey the influence it had on the course of the run-chase. A buoyant Rahul Dravid, speaking at the post-match press conference, described Tendulkar's effort as "absolutely incredible" and went on to add that it was "one of his best innings". "I think he assessed the situation beautifully," he said. "He realised there was something happening with the ball, realised we needed to keep wickets. The way he controlled the game, played positively without doing anything risky, was great to watch. He scored at a great pace on a difficult wicket in difficult conditions. I thought it was one of his best. There are so many he has played but this was really a special one." Tendulkar's knock was one of the three main components of India's run-chase, with Yuvraj Singh and Mahendra Singh Dhoni complementing him admirably. "Sachin, Yuvraj and Dhoni all played critical parts in this win," he continued. "All three played different kinds of knocks in different stages. Yuvraj's maturity in stepping back, after playing positively initially, when he realised he needed to be there till the end shows that he's a very good cricketer. He's always been one and has had a lot of success in the one-day game. This tour has taken him to another level.

Tendulkar, Harbhajan salute heroes of India "Without a doubt it's you guys, we just play cricket. You play with your life so that we are secure. I salute and your families because they have an important role in your sacrifice" More... Tendulkar, Harbhajan salute heroes of India Anubha Bhonsle | CNN-IBN Posted on Jan 26, 2009 at 15:01 | Updated Jan 26, 2009 at 16:20 sachinnsg313.jpg The National Security Guard (NSG) has always been hidden away as a special weapon, if Taj, Oberoi and the Nariman House in Mumbai were freed after a slow and painstaking war stretching over 60 gruelling hours, we have to thank NSG for that. Mumbai has already done that, this Republic Day its time for the nation to salute these brave men and women. CNN-IBN and IBN7 took the initiative and brought two of the country’s most loved cricketers face to face with their heroes, the NSG commandoes. Sachin Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh spent not just a day at the NSG Headquarters in Manesar, but in some sense witnessed almost a lifetime of grit, determination and endurance. The two cricketers had a chance to witness and try their hand at the very tough 26 obstacle course that commandoes train on, which includes jumping through heights, climbing heights of, running through large distances etc. They witnessed the Anti Terrorist Conditioning Course, which has commandoes going through artificially simulated, but almost real life terror situations, complete with fire, smoke and live bullets. The day had its emotional moments as well in plenty. Sachin and Harbhajan had a chance to interact with the commandoes who participated in the Mumbai operation. Sachin in response to a question on who the real heroes were, said, "Without a doubt it's you guys, we just play cricket. You play with your life so that we are secure. I salute and your families because they have an important role in your sacrifice." Sachin and Harbhajan also had a chance to spend some moments with the wife and children of Late Havaldar Gajendra Singh and the parents of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, the two NSG commandoes who lost their lives in the Mumbai siege. The two cricketers made their way through the crowd to meet Sandeep’s parents who were also present at the NSG at the same time. Sachin paid his condolences to Sandeep’s father and said, "You are a brave man, and your sacrifice supreme." The two cricketers had begun their day by laying a wreath at the memorial for the NSG martyrs. Later an interaction with more than 500 commandoes threw up a volley of questions from cricket and commandoes to controversy. The crowd was specially thrilled to see their two icons in similar colours. Sachin and Harbhajan had donned the NSG uniform for the day, complete shoes, name-tags and beret. The commandoes had a field day with questions ranging from when Bhajji would get married, to what Sachin would want his son to become? In response to the latter Sachin said, "He had left it to his son to do whatever he wanted, whether it was to become a cricketer or a commando." The commandoes were keen to know what Sachin thought of the Mumbai operation and their conduct. One of the commandoes V Sathish, who stood up to speak was full of emotion, as he had seen his colleague and buddy Gajendra fall to the terrorist’s bullets at the Nariman operation. The commandoes who had been eagerly waiting this interactive session managed to get the cricketers to break into a dance. The day as expected, ended with a friendly 4 over match between Sachin XI and Bhajji XI. The teammates were on opposing sides here. But in the end Sachin XI won. The score line: Sachin XI: 50 in four overs (Sachin 34 not out) Bhajji XI: 39 in 4 overs (Harbhajan 28)

I don't know where to start . Over the years no other player made me so nervous when comes into bat like Tendulkar . The baggage of expectation this guy handled is beyond any human's imagination.I doubt is there any sportsperson ever in the history had that much pressure while playing . Some times i feel, not a feeling, a fact a truth that he would have achieved or atleast come very close to Don Bradman,had he been playing for a country like Australia.Expectation will be there still .But it won't be any where close to that of Indian public. I still remember that day,that is world cup match between India and paksitan 2003 .My heart never beat that fast, i never felt my head was going to explode,almost feel like i am going to die. watching my pathetic condition my mother asked me to live the room .But my whole body had already gone frozen like a dead body .I watched like a statue. Slowly as each over passed, i felt like melting down, still chest was beating .It was such an inexplicable feeling i never experienced with any other player .Only Tendulkar can give such a pleasure, only he can give such a disappointment while not scoring . He is special very very special . And that day i decided that i am going to treat him like a normal player, for the sake of my health. It was more than enough i could handle. I am sorry if i treat him like the way i was used to pre 2003, i would suffer a premature death out of heart attack . That was the impact he made on me.