It's official : Murder by Strangulation

varun

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation I refuse to believe this bull shit story about bookie and stuff. Why the fack does a bookie and his nexus get to Woolmer just after the Ireland game? If that reason is played out again I will think they are covering something up here. :mad:

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation

Here is a suggestion. If people want to keep off speculation and have a private discussion we can use the CHAT facility. This is a good time to use that feature if anyone interested.
Chat is not private guys, it's as public as this forums is.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation see bookie won;t be pi$$ed over a upset result assuming it was fixed.. bookies put their money on these events after fixing the match.. general public goes with the obvious winner so if anyone general public may have lost the money nto the match fixers... I too am not incined to buy bookie angle since just read woolmer's ghost writers statement he said he had nothgin incriminating in his book so there goes bookie scare in the bin....... only possibility left is crime of passion now

see bookie won;t be pi$$ed over a upset result assuming it was fixed.. bookies put their money on these events after fixing the match.. general public goes with the obvious winner so if anyone general public may have lost the money nto the match fixers...
Very true DR. But look at it this way. Bookies(and mafia) rarely strike when the iron is hot. Who is to say that they(bookies/mafia) wanted to take Bob out and it was only a matter of WHEN and not IF. Now Pakistan loses and out comes this great oppertunity. You can make a hit and show it as a case of stress induced death. Plus this would send signals for all the players/coach to fall in line or else....

see bookie won;t be pi$$ed over a upset result assuming it was fixed.. bookies put their money on these events after fixing the match.. general public goes with the obvious winner so if anyone general public may have lost the money nto the match fixers...
Very true DR. But look at it this way. Bookies(and mafia) rarely strike when the iron is hot. Who is to say that they(bookies/mafia) wanted to take Bob out and it was only a matter of WHEN and not IF. Now Pakistan loses and out comes this great oppertunity. You can make a hit and show it as a case of stress induced death. Plus this would send signals for all the players/coach to fall in line or else....
no too risky. they would have taken their time like in some other case.

thoughts So now we have moved away from the heart attack and suicide hypotheses for sure. It's confirmed murder. IMO it's perhaps not the act of a crazy fan as some suggest. Typically, when we as fans feel let down by our team's loss in a match just concluded, we primarily criticze the captain or some of the players, and only secondarily do we think of the coach as being responsible for a loss. Does the toxicologist's report confirm that there has been no poisoning? If not, it is possible that the perperators tried poisoning *as well as* strangulation? When the former did not work immediately, they resorted to the latter at the spur of the moment? That might perhaps explain the vomit up the walls, etc... The reason why the murderer(s) chose *that night* was because I think there is a causal relation between the outcome of the Pak-Ireland match and the motive to kill. Regarding match fixing, contriving the outcome of a match is first and foremost in the hands of the captain, and several players who are willing to go with the captain. Everything we know about incidents of match fixing in the past involves incidents of the bookies approaching the players, and captains prevailing over players. (However, team managers like Intikhab Alam have been documented to have betted individually on the outcomes of the matches that they themselves were involved in as managers). Coaches are "back-office" kind of guys who can't contrive match results anywhere with the effectiveness of what captains and players can do. It's perhaps not very likely, therefore, that the murders took it out on B.Woolmer because they thought he was responsible in some way for the result of that match. Lastly, is it even remotely possible that Mr.Woolmer himself, for all his affable and forthright persona, honesty, rectitude and so forth, wasn't exactly a saint 100%-- that there was a certain dimension to his self that very few people knew? I say this with no small amount of trepidation, and I can't even begin to articulate how exactly this line of thinking has a bearing on his death, but under such extraordinary circumstances, logic dictates that you leave no ground uncovered. What could he have done, if at all he did anything, regarding the result of that match, that infuriated someone to the point of wanting to kill him?

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation I still dont think it is murder but if it was, its highly unlikely that betting was the cause. In any game, there will be obviously more money on the stronger team than the weaker team. Obviously i am no expert, but i would expect the bookies to earn more than the people who bet from an upset. And someone with a high enough influence would never bet on the stronger team cos the return percentage is very low. So this is probably something to do with the heat of the moment thing. If it was murder, the only logical explanation i see is that someone who was totally pissed off at the pak team for losing the game for reasons relating to pride/ego/madness did this. In this case, its got to be someone close to/in the team and the PCB.

re: thoughts

aghia82' date=' welcome and a good first post. Some very valid points and questions asked in that post I should say.[/quote'] Thank you Ravi, to add some residual remarks to the last paragraph in my previous post, consider the observations that: 1. Mr.Woolmer's family was rather uncharacteristically hasty in concluding/suggesting that he died of a stress-induced heart attack, that it was not a murder, etc-- before any qualified report could come forth from Jamaica 2. The family was reticent about travelling to Jamaica at this time The family is, I am fairly certain, are as clueless as anyone else regarding what/who caused his death. However, someone in the family might be aware of certain affairs of Mr.Woolmer that few others knew about.

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation I HATE TO SOUND LIKE A GODDAMN SHERLOCK HOLMES WANNABE BUT I CANT HELP IT... I HAVE BEEN CRYING HOARSE SAYING THIS: THE TIMING, THE MODUS OPERANDI ETC ALL POINT TOWARDS A CRIME OF PASSION AND NOT PREMEDITATED MURDER! IT IS ALMOST CERTAINLY A DISTRAUGHT PLAYER OR MANAGEMENT INDIVIDUAL, NONE OTHER HAVE THE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE AROUND THE TEAM.