It's official : Murder by Strangulation

varun

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation

Also why should we expect only one person did this. This could be a group of people too.
But why? What could be the motive? Even if there is a bookies connection, why on earth will it lead to murdering him? Even if he could have revealed a names, they could have been banned from playing or black-listed in the police register? Why the killing? A murder has much graver punishment?

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation If this is indeed strangulation, how did the first pathologist miss it? It's a forensic elephant. I looked at the photo, and I must say it didn't look like strangulation at all. What about the room? You strangle a man to death, and there are no signs of struggle? Why the vomit? Can the pathologist explain to me why there was vomit on the floor? When a man is strangled, you choke off the windpipe as well as the gullet, and stomach contents can't escape. Yes, the bowels can loosen, and that could explain the faeces. If he had vomited earlier, would he have left it unwashed on the bathroom floor? I hope people know what they are doing. I find it difficult to believe any mafia did this. Mafias don't strangle people. It's much easier to use other, more direct means. I am not a happy chap this morning, folks. This doesn't ring true.

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation um, actually thx -- consider that there were no external marks of strangulation on the neck - nothing obvious at all. That means that most likely, no fingers or cloth, or rope was used. could have been a 'sleeper' hold from behind -- I doubt 'passionate' criminals have the sense or training to do that. I would imagine they would just go for the neck in the most direct way possible. btw, it's not impossible to get a key to a hotel room from the lobby, and wait inside unnoticed...it doesn't necessarily have to be someone he knew.

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation Dhondy there are a lot of things that they deliberately may not want to disclose. We can't expect them to reveal everything in one go can we? I'm sure there are many medical reports the media is not privy too. I think the investigation team has been withholding information deliberately. It is possible they may want the killer to know what they are planning or plotting. My gut feeling says of course he was murdered. All evidences so far including Woolmer's email point to the fact that he considered the loss as just a blip in his coaching life. I think it is just a matter of time, the killer will be found and am sure all our questions will be answered soon. I don't reckon anyone can judge just by going by a photo. The investigators may have more clues and also tests to confirm their findings. I don't reckon they will be stupid enough to hold a press conference without enough evidence. Just my 2 cents.

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation Ravi, you don't ignore elephants. I'd like to see a medical explanation of the presence of vomit on the floor. There are other points on that photo that don't fit...I don't want this to be a forum for discussion of the gory details.

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation Hmmm....fair enough, you will sure know better. I'm just going by logic here. I sure would like to know from you but you are probably right, the details are not good for a public forum. Is it possible the vomit and the stuff happened prior the killing?

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation Yeah the vomit is confusing. Maybe somebody saw the body and vomited. Would explain the vomit in high places on the wall (for a man of Bob's height), if that somebody was a tall chap. Dhondy: How would you go about verifying that the vomit came from a person ? DNA Tests ? ('coz I heard they were doing DNA tests on the Pakistani contingent)

I'll PM you this evening if I am not too depressed' date=' Ravi.[/quote'] Thanks Dhondy. More and more I started to recap I have to think you are absolutely spot on here. The very first day you did mention you were concerned how they could not determine the cause of the death. From then on you have had your doubts about a lot of things in this case. I firmly believe in what you are saying after recapping what the Jamaican police and the pathologists have been claiming. BTW they have mentioned they are getting a second opinion on the medical findings. I have come to a conclusion there is a lot of controvesy going on here and they will find a scape goat for this one. Unfortunately they may end up nabbing someone going by the popular belief and may nail the wrong person. I have reasons to believe there is something cooking behind all this. The mighty and the powerful must have been influencing the case big time.

Re: It's official : Murder by Strangulation I think the media is now treading on stupidity. I just heard the presenter suggest there was an altercation between players and the coach. Also he mentioned Mushtaq Ahmed and Inzi went out of the stadium after they were upset with Woolmer giving them a stick. Next thing he said there may have been fist fights too after the game. I think this is getting absurd with the cable television. No way can such arguments be considered the base for killing or something. I honestly am very disappointed with this kind of approach by the television. Why can't they wait for the law to take its course? :mad:

Yeah the vomit is confusing. Maybe somebody saw the body and vomited. Would explain the vomit in high places on the wall (for a man of Bob's height), if that somebody was a tall chap. Dhondy: How would you go about verifying that the vomit came from a person ? DNA Tests ? ('coz I heard they were doing DNA tests on the Pakistani contingent)
vomit in high places on the wall and blood indicate poison (heard from a doc)..may be strangulation was used to finish the job after bob suspected what was happening to him?