Pragyan Ojha

DomainK

^ or because Mishra was excellent in WI tour?
Really ? He was very ordinary in the only test match he played there.Many times in the past it has been proved Mishra isnt a test quality bowler,too slow through the air to trouble any good batsman.

If anything he has virtues over others because of his accuracy. You would still have doubts about his ability to trouble the better sides, but he does not seem easy to work around. Others would try (and fail) the magic delivery more often and lose control. It's good to have someone like this.

If anything he has virtues over others because of his accuracy. You would still have doubts about his ability to trouble the better sides' date=' but he does not seem easy to work around. Others would try (and fail) the magic delivery more often and lose control. It's good to have someone like this.[/quote'] He puts lots of revs on the ball and thats the reason why batsmen find it hard to work him around. Its more topspin than side-spin so you see batsmen getting beaten in flight or checking their shots rather than massive turners that beat the outside edge. That mixed with his accuracy makes him quite potent even against good players of spin (Lady Jaya, Flat-trackweera, Clarke etc). Edit: I still have question marks about his action tho..

Ojha thanks Dhoni for trusting him the new ball Left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha, who claimed four wickets on Wednesday, thanked skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni for showing confidence in him and throwing the new ball to him during the West Indies' first innings in the second Test at Eden Gardens. In reply to India's huge 631-7 declared, West Indies were bundled out for 153 in their first innings on Day 3, with Ojha claiming 4-64 opening the bowling with the new ball in the morning. I thank Dhoni bhai as he has shown a lot of confidence in me and R Ashwin. There was quite a bit of turn on offer today and hopefully we will get a bit more turn tomorrow as well," said Ojha, who took his 50th Test scalp in the form of Kirk Edwards. Asked about how he felt about opening the bowling, Ojha said, "I think the main reason is that there was lot of turn on offer. Yesterday the light was too bad so we thought of going with the spin rather than pace." West Indies were 195-3 at stumps on the third day, still 283 runs behind, after India skipper Dhoni enforced the follow-on. Ojha hoped that they would get the remaining seven West Indies wickets early, despite a resolute approach by the visitors in their second innings. "Right now, we are in driver's seat and things are going pretty well at the moment. In the morning, there was some moisture in the wicket and it was doing a bit for us. We hope the same thing happens tomorrow." "Our guys are bowling superb, hitting the right areas. We are confident of getting them out early tomorrow." The spin duo have so far returned wicket-less in the Windies second innings, but Ojha said they were bowling well. "We got quick wickets and then the pitch got better. At some point of time, it happens when you think that if I had got one more wicket, this would have happened." "It's quite normal the way we have been bowling. It's just that we could not get a wicket in the last session. But we were quite happy of our bowling and the way we were hitting the right areas." Ojha also gave credit to the West Indian batsmen for putting up a good fight in the second innings. "They also batted well in the second innings. We should give credit to them. Tomorrow, we hope to get them out as soon as possible." In absence of an out-of-form Harbhajan Singh, the spin attack is hinged on Ojha and off-spinner Ashwin, and he said the duo were enjoying each other's company. "It's great to have Ashwin. We complement each other. I hope we carry on this partnership while bowling and get lot of wickets for India." http://cricketnext.in.com/news/ojha-thanks-dhoni-for-trusting-him-the-new-ball/61616-13.html