No recession in entertainment: Preity Zinta

Feed

Interview with Kings XI Punjab's Preity Zinta. More... No recession in entertainment: Preity Zinta Saturday, February 7, 2009 2:54 IST Mumbai: Preity Zinta, who was locked in an intense battle with Shah Rukh Khan's KKR at the auction, tells DNA why her team went for Mashrafe Mortaza. The bid Mortaza looked like a filmy auction. Did you play a trick on Shah Rukh by inflating the price deliberately? Not at all. We had our plans. There were no tricks involved. Shah Rukh is a good friend and I look up to him on a number of things. I still say that the best final in the IPL will be between Kolkata and Mohali. But why such a price for a Bangladesh player? Because we needed a bowler. We had an advice from coach Tom (Moody) and we were in touch with our skipper (Yuvraj Singh) as well. So you are disappointed that you could not get Mortaza? Yes. I would be lying if I say I'm not. But what do you know about Mortaza? Have you seen him play? Honestly no. I didn't know if he was a left-arm or right-arm bowler. All I know is he is a good bowler and we wanted him desperately. Finally are you nervous that you have to spend so much money in the period of recession? No, there is no recession for entertainment business. Besides I'm not spending the money of my father or my boy friend. I've invested my hard-earned money.

But why such a price for a Bangladesh player? Because we needed a bowler. We had an advice from coach Tom (Moody) and we were in touch with our skipper (Yuvraj Singh) as well. But what do you know about Mortaza? Have you seen him play? Honestly no. I didn't know if he was a left-arm or right-arm bowler. All I know is he is a good bowler and we wanted him desperately. .
:hysterical::hysterical: