World Test XI draft

bunny

World Test XI draft  

1. 1.

ok then I pick Jimmy Adams (padams) as wicket keeper

Team1: Flower, Dravid, Flintoff, Steve Waugh, Walsh,Younis Khan,Nathan Astle    (punjabi_khota, predator_05)
Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams     (zubin)
Team3: Sangakkara, P Strang, Ambrose, Cairns, KP , Bret Lee,  (bunny, ludhianvi)
Team4: Gilchrist, Sehwag, G Flower, Pollock, Border, Yousuf,    (sridev, koksmayu, shwetabh)
Team5: SRT, Mark Waugh, Waqar, Boucher, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Kumb       (cartman, nospam)
Team6: Murali, Lara, A. Campbell, Hayden, M.Hussey,Steyn                   (Shane)
Team7: Warne, Streak, Donald, Dhoni,Chanderpaul, Kapil Dev           (fbm,SachDan)
Team8: G.McGrath, Kallis, Crowe,Stewart,Miandad,Gambhir   (Gambit)

Team1: Flower, Dravid, Flintoff, Steve Waugh, Walsh,Younis Khan,Nathan Astle    (punjabi_khota, predator_05)
Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams     (zubin)
Team3: Sangakkara, P Strang, Ambrose, Cairns, KP , Bret Lee, A B De Villiers(bunny, ludhianvi)
Team4: Gilchrist, Sehwag, G Flower, Pollock, Border, Yousuf,    (sridev, koksmayu, shwetabh)
Team5: SRT, Mark Waugh, Waqar, Boucher, Inzamam-Ul-Haq, Kumb       (cartman, nospam)
Team6: Murali, Lara, A. Campbell, Hayden, M.Hussey,Steyn                   (Shane)
Team7: Warne, Streak, Donald, Dhoni,Chanderpaul, Kapil Dev           (fbm,SachDan)

Updated.. Addded Dirty_South in my team team2.

Team2: Ponting, Houhgton, Akram, Jayawardene, I Bishop , Trescothick, Jimmy Adams     (zubin, Dirty_South)
Team3: Sangakkara, P Strang, Ambrose, Cairns, KP , Bret Lee, A B De Villiers(bunny, ludhianvi)

team 4's turn now

:hmmmm: Nothing for the all-rounders ?? even for w/k,number of dismissals are not counted :nervous:
We had batting strength to be Sum of Batting averages of all the XI players...let's keep it that way only. (of course home & away will be taken into account). Let's have bowling average to be sum of bowling averages of the top 4 bowlers + 0.3*bowling avg of the 5th bowler...thus if your 5th bowler is really bad it will affect the bowling average (thus allrounders will have some contribution to bowling average as well. They obviously contribute to the batting average). To take fielding strength into account, let's compute the avg catches/dismissals of each player and sum that up. The top fielding team will have a fielding strength of 1.0, the 2nd highest will have a fielding strength of 0.995, 3rd highest as 0.99 and so on...thus fielding strength shouldn't affect too much but still it will matter. Also some inexperienced players will have biased statistical averages, so let's cap their batting averages at 50 and bowling averages at 24. (This will be applied to any player with less than 40 tests..roughly 40 tests equates to a FTP cycle). Hope these modifications are ok with each of the teams...