Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked

Rajiv

Re: Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked

Sachin is scoring 0 as player, as a captain he will score in negative runs Sachin b.NewBowler -2 ( 10)
:hic: Why on earth is Tendulkar at this age eyeing a chance at captaincy? How can he even be accept this morally considering he is batting worse than his lower middle order batters? I hope he has Indian cricket's good at heart and will suggest a young one's name instead of becoming the captain.
As sad as it sounds, it all about his endorsements now. He is a business man now, he can't be touched; it's a way to place him in the team 3 Months from now, there will an ODI series in India; Sachin will score a century or two, public is happy but then a FINAL..bamm, he's out He is capable but mentally he is very weak, coming from a crazy sachin fan like me The news ticker on HT news showed SMS msgs from folks in India, almost everyone wanted him out. The man who had god status in India is being hated by the public Actually, is anyone from his era still playing? his debut was in 89 right

Re: Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked Sad to hear that Rajeev particularly coming from you. I admired him of course as anyone else does but I've had it too. He hardly makes runs consistently these days in both forms. I don't reckon he is technically perfect now, he tends to get out to any kind of balls these days, outswingers, indippers, spinners and all kinds. We can't keep ignoring his short comings and the world cup usually is his arena. This is the first time he has failed so badly in any world cup and that says a lot. Only Lara from that era survives. Lara started in early 90s too I think 91 or 92.

Re: Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked Usual stuff from BCCI. When things dont go well they make captian and coach the scape goats. You have to understand both captian and coach of Indian team are guys with immense knowledge in playing and coaching and these guys at BCCI with their sheer knowledge gained by watching cricket makes these sloppy decisions. They ignore the fact that any captian or coach has to work with the team selected. If they make Tendulkar captian then they are advancing his retirement!

Re: Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked let's face it guys, dravid sucks as a captain. yes, sachin won't be i believe even an iota better. but let's see if he can do better. cappo or not, there is no way he is getting dropped from the team anytime soon. unfortunately, we don't really have too many choices.

Re: Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked A defensive player should NEVER be made captain to begin with. Well this does not mean hard hitters are great as cappo.But I truly believe lack of aggro is a serious drawback when you are supposed to battle it out in tough situation to stay on top!

Re: Dravid-Chaps to be Sacked This is for ODI averages [code:1da40ecd08] Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St unfiltered 384 14847 186* 44.05 41 77 149 5/32 43.76 2 115 0 filtered 10 310 100* 44.28 1 3 6 2/25 39.16 0 2 0 [/code:1:1da40ecd08] In Matches India won Saching averages 55 and the one that India lost Sachin averages Sachin averages 21. I guess Indian chances of winning are dependent on Sachin. Some things never change.