New Contracts should be performance and incentive driven

Re: New Contracts should be performance and incentive driven Contracts are important but not everything. There is more money that comes via the sponsors than contracts. The contracts can be tightened but if the sponsors are queuing up to pay the players it will not matter. Just recently I read the sponsors were queuing up to employ Saurav Ganguly for advertising their products. That is after he made decent scores (not great scores) in one or 2 series. When there are people queuing up to pay for mediocre achievements then the contracts take a back seat.

Re: New Contracts should be performance and incentive driven

yea' date=' endorsements are the killer.[/quote'] u cant stop tht..... a stricter selection policy can take care of tht.... if a player is dropped on some mediocre performances, his endorsements will gradually slow down..... btw, our beef is with their performance and not the money, they make.... they r entitled to make, if they can...

Re: New Contracts should be performance and incentive driven Money is not the hindrance...if you look at sports around the world-soccer,tennis,golf all of them have much more money than cricket...I do not think that you can improve performance by making contacts performance driven or cutting down on endorsements.

my friends/roomates suggestion pay them like super selector... 50000 for each run, 20000 for each wicket etc... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Good one that, should work. :hmph: If the sponsors do the same the player may end up with the undies and shorts but not the shirt or vice versa :hic:

Money is not the hindrance...if you look at sports around the world-soccer' date='tennis,golf all of them have much more money than cricket...I do not think that you can improve performance by making contacts performance driven or cutting down on endorsements.[/quote'] I agree here. And cricket is a team game. How can you pay individuals for individual performances? Do you want the players to play for themselves and not for the team? Do you want to make them selfish?