Vettori must have been mad

King

To have chosen to bowl on a pitch like this after winning the toss. The best chance NZ had was to pile on a lot of runs and hope India crumble. It was a pathetic decision to bowl first on a pitch like this. Now with a bit of overcast the Indian bowling has been relentless and playing Harbhajan on the last couple of days of the test on this pitch is nigh impossible. I can't still fathom why he wanted to bowl first..... :((

The bowlers backed him up Ravi. 204/6 by tea on the first day, and they had a real chance of getting us all out for < 300. That would've been really amazing for them. But Dhoni, Harbhajan, and Zaheer faced some really strange bowling by their bowlers, and took the game away from them.

Still doesn't make sense to me. NZ scored 600+ batting first in Napier and why change that? You know clearly India has the ability to bat long then why bother batting last. If NZ batted possibly they had a chance to at least draw the test match now it's 2-0 doesn't matter what the weather is like tomorrow.

i think when India were 206/6..he must have felt that his decision has been justified..but what happened after that is very very strange..If they cud have bundled us under 250, this match mite have been very different and NZ mite have gotten the lead, because they wud have had their tails up and Indians wud have been distraught that after getting a good start, they just threw it away..but that din happen and India have established their supremacy..nevertheless it was a risky decision taken in the best interest of his team..Vettori must have thought that this is the only way he can win the test match and at one point it almost paid off..