Biggest achivement of my life

Desi Cartman

NO questions or clarification just some comments

I see that some of you are discussing your depression online. That itself is a wrong, retrograde step. It won't make you feel better.
I take this as sharing experiences with friends.
Listen, the reason you guys are depressed is because of low self worth. You are posting at work, essentially cheating your employers. You may get away with it, but it makes you feel shyte about yourself.
I dont .. I work my ass off .. finish the work and when I dont have something else to do I log in ... PS: Yes I am spending too much time online but when I was diagnosed with depression I didnt even have an internet connection
Desi-ji, surely you know- these anti-depressants make very little difference. Study after independent study have shown that they make a marginal difference. It is in the interest of big pharma to market them as miracle cures, but they are like vitamin pills, really. Placebo effect.
You are a doc and you know better but I believe that medication does help
Depression is essentially an exercise deficiency condition. You don't exercise, put on weight, look ugly, yourself esteem goes down, you spend all your time online because you don't have a life and need vicarious support from strangers, you sleep poorly at night because you are not tired, having not exercised, and you wake up unrefreshed, achy, and feeling like something the cat dragged in.
It is one of the factors that can cause depression not the only reason.
Wake up, face the truth. Start running for 30-40 minutes daily, preferably outdoors, do resistance exercise for 15 minutes, give up online forums and spend more time with your family. Work hard, don't cheat yourself.
Good advice .. will try to follow it :two_thumbs_up:
Come to think of it, this forum should be shut down. It's a trap for such vulnerable people.
I guess the guilty should be punished :orderorder:
Please don't post any questions or seek clarifications from me on this thread. This is a public service message, and I won't be logging in to check for replies because I need to make a living. I suggest you do the same.
I think I have successfully posted my comments without asking questions or clarifications :hatsoff:

Its a mixed news Desi. The bad news first. You have had a relapse and that is never a good thing. You thought the worse was behind you and it has now come back, so thats the bad news. The good news is that you have successfully did it once. So why can you not do it again? Human body is extremely resilient. In gym world there is a term called "muscle memory". What it means is if you are a regular gym goer and you stop going for a while, your muscles still retain the capacity, almost like a memory, and once you go back to the gym and bust your hump you will find it all comes back to you. Do some introspection and think what worked for you earlier. Be honest with yourself without being too harsh. Right now economy is a mess and so pretty much everyone is under stress. Specially married couples where both partners work. Take baby steps and keep your chin up. Good luck! xxx
Thanks ... Thats what I did couple of months ago when I started feeling down and i did the same today. kasrat is the best cure .. I iz feeling better NOTE: I post about depression because I didnt have much support when I was suffering from depression. Living alone in a foreign country didnt help either and the only reason I like discussing about depression is to keep a check on myself & to offer advice to people who are facing similar problems.

Thanks ... Thats what I did couple of months ago when I started feeling down and i did the same today. kasrat is the best cure .. I iz feeling better
Good good. keep it up. And feel free to bother me if you want any assistance there.
NOTE: I post about depression because I didnt have much support when I was suffering from depression. Living alone in a foreign country didnt help either and the only reason I like discussing about depression is to keep a check on myself & to offer advice to people who are facing similar problems.
I see nothing wrong with it really. Dhondy makes some good points, specially about cutting corners at work and Internet addiction, however everyone is different and in the end whatever works for you may not be true for other. The good news is you realize you feel a certain way and are open to discussion. The biggest danger for depression is when people hide the thoughts and think no-one will understand them. Also as a person who lives abroad, I can completely relate to being away from family. On days when you feel extremely low and just want a warm hug(or a warm cup of coffee) what are you gonna do when you get a call from home? Who has the heart to tell his/her elderly Mom he is having depression and feeling the way he is? Specially if you are a middle class guy working to support the dreams of family? I know I dont. So you just suck it up and march on. Apart from kasrat one thing I would suggest is start writing letters, handwritten, to parents. Its amazing how in modern world we have enough time for TV, internet, friends and how minimal time we have for parents. Maybe you can take some pictures of Australia and send it back home with the letter? Your parents would be delighted to read them I can assure you, and you would also feel better...and closer to them. Give it a shot. xxxx PS: Dont worry about handwriting, we have all lost our best on that one.

You are a doc and you know better but I believe that medication does help
I kind of agree with Doc.. medications are jus to give u psychological cheerup.. in the sense tht u ll have hope taking medication..and it ll affect the way u see ur life.. ppl think tht by taking antidepressant will relieve u off depression.. and thts why docs also prescribe them..

Depression is essentially an exercise deficiency condition. You don't exercise' date=' put on weight, look ugly, yourself esteem goes down, you spend all your time online because you don't have a life and need vicarious support from strangers, you sleep poorly at night because you are not tired, having not exercised, and you wake up unrefreshed, achy, and feeling like something the cat dragged in.[/quote'] That may be over-simplifying it. No doubt that issues with personal appearance/weight do lead to depression in a lot of instances, but I've come across a good number of people in university who've suffered for different reasons (perfectly healthy habits in terms of exercise/eating, but either get depressed for social/relationship issues, occasionally academic reasons and other times simply adaptation problems). Hard to say there's a general fix to the problem - though exercise is always a good option to try and turn things around (though I don't believe it's the only fix).

Good good. keep it up. And feel free to bother me if you want any assistance there.
Im going strong .. I aim for 6 days a week and I am able to pull 7 days a fortnight ... I will email you if I have any questions :hatsoff:
I see nothing wrong with it really. Dhondy makes some good points, specially about cutting corners at work and Internet addiction, however everyone is different and in the end whatever works for you may not be true for other.
Its a very good point actually but like right now when my wife is asleep I can either watch law and Order or have a chat with friends online so I am here :two_thumbs_up:. Its like having a choice between reading a novel or watching a movie and some people just find movies stupid and some think why read when you can watch it on screen.
The good news is you realize you feel a certain way and are open to discussion. The biggest danger for depression is when people hide the thoughts and think no-one will understand them.
Thats why I post about depression as I know how tough it is to accept that one has depression ... India mein log seedha boltay hai "kyon pagal ho gaya hai tu"
Also as a person who lives abroad, I can completely relate to being away from family. On days when you feel extremely low and just want a warm hug(or a warm cup of coffee) what are you gonna do when you get a call from home? Who has the heart to tell his/her elderly Mom he is having depression and feeling the way he is? Specially if you are a middle class guy working to support the dreams of family? I know I dont. So you just suck it up and march on.
Exactly! I didnt tell them even when I was visiting but then one night I woke up and started crying .. they were so confused as I just didnt stop for more than an hour ... :sniffle: thats how they got to know it
Apart from kasrat one thing I would suggest is start writing letters, handwritten, to parents. Its amazing how in modern world we have enough time for TV, internet, friends and how minimal time we have for parents. Maybe you can take some pictures of Australia and send it back home with the letter? Your parents would be delighted to read them I can assure you, and you would also feel better...and closer to them. Give it a shot. xxxx PS: Dont worry about handwriting, we have all lost our best on that one.
Good idea about the letter ... but now my papa writes a blog but he is a fan of hand written letters . He still has every letter which my brother sent during his college days.. I will give it a go ...

Good idea about the letter ... but now my papa writes a blog but he is a fan of hand written letters . He still has every letter which my brother sent during his college days.. I will give it a go ...
Haan bhai desi aage ka update aisa hai ke main ghar pe chitthi likh reha hoon. I do that quite often but this thread kind of kicked my **** into gear. Since last month I was travelling to India and have been back only a couple of weeks it is a good subject to write home about. The fascinating thing is Hindi bhool gaya hoon damn it! issiliye yeh chithi hindi mein hi likha jaayega. Everything from customs to immigration to airport will be translated into Hindi. At the end it would resemble like a scene from Chupke Chupke. :haha: So how are you doing? Chithi likha ke nahin?? Baaki sab theek?

Haan bhai desi aage ka update aisa hai ke main ghar pe chitthi likh reha hoon. I do that quite often but this thread kind of kicked my **** into gear. Since last month I was travelling to India and have been back only a couple of weeks it is a good subject to write home about. The fascinating thing is Hindi bhool gaya hoon damn it! issiliye yeh chithi hindi mein hi likha jaayega. Everything from customs to immigration to airport will be translated into Hindi. At the end it would resemble like a scene from Chupke Chupke. :haha: So how are you doing? Chithi likha ke nahin?? Baaki sab theek?
Hindi mein :sniffle: ... My father worked in Sarkari bank all his life so I cant risk writing to him in Hindi. I know that he wont laugh but still :(( waise aapkey is ganay ke baray mein kya vichaar hai ? 3pN7sITXVyk Oh haan I am doing fine now .. Just by exercising and being active I was able to pull through which means that its not a serious concern and I need to make sure that I keep myself busy. I also realized that off late I am more scared of getting depressed again rather than actually being depressed :hehe: Depression was terrible so painful that I cant even explain ..A colleague of mine told me that his father committed suicide after suffering from depression for 15 years and my reaction was "from his point of view he did the right thing. I wish I could do the same" .... I could feel his pain & I understood why he killed himself