Biggest achivement of my life

Desi Cartman

I am glad to inform you all that your friend desi downunder/cartman has been informed by his doctor that he doesnt need anymore anti-depressants. I have had depression since I was 19 and I stopped treatment after a year feeling that I was fine, well it hit me hard around 5 years ago and then I struggled to even get out of bed for a while. I had many nights when I didnt sleep for even a min , sometimes I woke up in a pool of sweat , sometimes I cried for hours , thought of killing myself .....but I kept visiting my doctor and took medication. At first no medication could help me but after few months I started responding ... then I had hard time at work and missed out on many opportunities at work .. but I didnt lose hope .... now 5 years after it all started again , today my psychiatrist told me that I can stop the medication and I need to see him only once more ... I dont know how many of you would believe but depression is worse than death .. it kills you everyday .. it hurts cuz people think u r weak , some think you are lazy .. I over came all that and I cant tell you how happy Im today.. Credit for my achievement should also go to my wife , who held me when I cried , who told me it will be fine , who married a patient of depression ...:icflove: PS: thanks to all of you as well ... you guys dont even know but you have helped me during last 18 months , whenever I felt depressed I logged on to ICF and it helped me smile again ! If any of you ever have any questions about depression feel free to pm me .. I know how hard it is and I would be happy to help anyone who needs it .

u had depression??? :omg: i wud have never expected that frm u.. u seem to b a person with full of postivity vibe and easy going guy... depression is terrible and it kills others too... i had gone thru tht when my ex was going thru a depression....the worst is when she said its all cuz of me... fml..

u had depression??? :omg: i wud have never expected that frm u.. u seem to b a person with full of postivity vibe and easy going guy... depression is terrible and it kills others too... i had gone thru tht when my ex was going thru a depression....the worst is when she said its all cuz of me... fml..
:cantstop: Yaar I will write more about it some day, how I tried to find god and all that shyt to answer my questions about life ... depression confuses you

Exactly man desi makes everyone laugh. How can desi be depressed? Anyways....happy that you are out of this terrible thing. Congratulations. :dance::eyedance:

Desi, can you elaborate more..I have had few moments where depression was something at the door, no wife to held a hand but a divorce on the head..but I tried to leave it cold turkey like I did the same for smoking ..what was ur tragedy? I have seen my uncle in NY have depression for no reason..he couldn't drive, goto work or do anything Depression is a serious word, I was prescribed some coolers..but I threw it away, thinking I am not the only person who has an issue.. Please summarize what happened with u

Good on ya for having able to fight this rather strange beast. I have heard of lot of professional sportsmen and highly successful people fall into this trap while their lives got busier and busier. I knew a professional IT architect that was going great guns professionally about a decade ago. He was widely respected and had a great social status. He loved his family and like every other common men he was a very happy man. After about 10 years later I saw him unshaven, drunk most of the times, divorced and was struggling to keep a job. I had a chance to work with him and for some reason I just couldn't hold him in the same high regards that I had him about 10 years earlier. He was regularly absent from work, spoke gibberish and felt like all the talent he had deserted him. He appeared at work about 4 days in 4 months and was on loss of pay. I moved on and learnt my previous employers were finally able to sack him (after a very long ordeal in the court). I caught up with my mates from my previous employer a while ago for lunch and his topic came up. I was shocked to hear he died :(( His death came about because of liver failure due to over consumption of alchohal. It seems he was picked up from a bar fully drunk by a couple and while they were on their way to drop him home he died :(( I heard he was a victim of depression :omg:

Exactly man desi makes everyone laugh. How can desi be depressed? Anyways....happy that you are out of this terrible thing. Congratulations. :dance::eyedance:
Thanks ... Happy happy people get it more than "Normal" people .. U know the fat guy from 3 stooges , he died of depression :(( Ps: Thanks

That was a very very heartening message to read. ur delight come through. it is realy an achievement. congratulations Maan, ur wife deserves a big treat, may be u folks shud go on a vacation! enjoy life!
Thanks Rajan , as a matter of fact Im going to Adelaide for 5 days :yay::yay:

Can't believe someone like desi was suffering from depression ! Anyways good to hear that now you are out of that dreaded state of mind :icflove:
yaar the thing is that it will never go away , I have just learnt how to live with it and read the symptoms early and act on them .. I have posted about it on the dushman site .. I never post there but I thought maybe I can help

Good on ya for having able to fight this rather strange beast. I have heard of lot of professional sportsmen and highly successful people fall into this trap while their lives got busier and busier. I knew a professional IT architect that was going great guns professionally about a decade ago. He was widely respected and had a great social status. He loved his family and like every other common men he was a very happy man. After about 10 years later I saw him unshaven, drunk most of the times, divorced and was struggling to keep a job. I had a chance to work with him and for some reason I just couldn't hold him in the same high regards that I had him about 10 years earlier. He was regularly absent from work, spoke gibberish and felt like all the talent he had deserted him. He appeared at work about 4 days in 4 months and was on loss of pay. I moved on and learnt my previous employers were finally able to sack him (after a very long ordeal in the court). I caught up with my mates from my previous employer a while ago for lunch and his topic came up. I was shocked to hear he died :(( His death came about because of liver failure due to over consumption of alchohal. It seems he was picked up from a bar fully drunk by a couple and while they were on their way to drop him home he died :(( I heard he was a victim of depression :omg:
I have been though all that you mention .. but I have a brother who called me every other day to ask me how I was doing .. he didnt let me lose hope , I had family and friends who understood this problem and never ever said anything that would upset me ,,, I have missed promotions , I have been discriminated against at work .. I have missed work .. I have had half a bottle of tequilla staight every day for weeks (b4 I realized it was depression).. I have done it all I guess this guy didnt have much support and thats why he couldnt survive ... its a very difficult life when u can imagine yourself jumping off a cliff or lying on a train track every time you try to sleep ... It tough

Desi, can you elaborate more..I have had few moments where depression was something at the door, no wife to held a hand but a divorce on the head..but I tried to leave it cold turkey like I did the same for smoking ..what was ur tragedy? I have seen my uncle in NY have depression for no reason..he couldn't drive, goto work or do anything Depression is a serious word, I was prescribed some coolers..but I threw it away, thinking I am not the only person who has an issue.. Please summarize what happened with u
Well mine was NOT due to an incident but it got worse since I was living far away from the family. I have a very close family , my siblings were busy with their lives and all of a sudden one day after I had received a big pay raise and a promotion , I realized that I had no one to celebrate it with it .. I felt so lonely and then India lost to Aus in India ... :banghead: Funny thing is that one can get depression without any reason .. its a chemical imbalance in brain and thats all. I had stopped treatment years ago thinking its all drama and I can fix it myself .. well I couldnt .. I know people who didnt respond to medication and stopped seeing the doctor and were fine after that but then they could have killed themselves had they not been lucky. I always suggest its better to take medication as it can do no harm ...