Kirsten And Dhoni Massive Fail

Guest gaurav_indian
we were quite defensive in our approach to this game.....we sucked in this game and rightly so we lost...but hey we won the series....thats good :yay:
Same thing happened when Mr Kumble was the captain and pakistan toured india in 2007.India should have won 3-0 against them but becoz of defensive approach they won the series by 1-0.Becoz series comes first.:finger::finger:This way we will never become number one in world cricket.And we dont deserve to.:asleep:
Yeah! It's all MSD/Kirsten's fault! Three dropped catches and we couldn't bowl out NZ in just 90 overs on a benign pitch. But's it's all the captain/coaches fault. This thread is so full of fail.
my contention is that we should never have batted on day 4.if we were not confident of defending 531 against the 8th ranked team in the world then we have a long way to go before we become no 1.the objective of test matches is to WIN-not to play it safe .
Same thing happened when Mr Kumble was the captain and pakistan toured india in 2007.India should have won 3-0 against them but becoz of defensive approach they won the series by 1-0.Becoz series comes first.:finger::finger:This way we will never become number one in world cricket.And we dont deserve to.:asleep:
crybaby.jpg
my contention is that we should never have batted on day 4.if we were not confident of defending 531 against the 8th ranked team in the world then we have a long way to go before we become no 1.the objective of test matches is to WIN-not to play it safe .
Yeah, it was Dhoni's fault that he wasn't psychic/clairvoyent to know exactly when it would rain and how many overs he would have left. Also Dhoni should be criticized for not realizing that there would be three simple dropped catches. I mean, nevermind that NZ would have been bowled out if two of those catches would have been taken in under 90 overs on a good batting track in four full days play. It's still all Dhoni's fault. Keep crying dude. It the right thing to do when you win a series for the first time in a country for decades. I'm sure the Indian team, support staff are all crying and complaining while they drown their sorrows over a few drinks right now. But then again, complaining and whining is pretty much what you should expect from a front running, band wagon cowgirlz fan!! :rotfl:
Yeah! It's all MSD/Kirsten's fault! Three dropped catches and we couldn't bowl out NZ in just 90 overs on a benign pitch. But's it's all the captain/coaches fault. This thread is so full of fail.
Isn't dropped catches and missed run outs part and parcel of the game of cricket ?? And there was no indication from the first two tests that we will hang on to each and every chances thrown at us ! Benign pitch..90 overs at the max.. going by your opinion..then wth did they continued batting on day-4 when there was 70% chances of rain on the final day ?? When a team is trying to save the match,shouldn't we prepare ourselves for an irritating partnership here and there ?? As Ravi pointed out in the other thread, any captain other than Dhoni would have got the stick from the media and fans alike.
dhoni knew it was going to rain on the last day-this makes his decision to pile on 600 even more stupid.
There was a forecast for rain on both days 4 and 5, on the flipside i think i have a totally different perspective on this, 95 odd overs is good enough to bowl out an average kiwi, i think our bowlers should cop a bit of stick here
Yeah, it was Dhoni's fault that he wasn't psychic/clairvoyent to know exactly when it would rain and how many overs he would have left. Also Dhoni should be criticized for not realizing that there would be three simple dropped catches. I mean, nevermind that NZ would have been bowled out if two of those catches would have been taken in under 90 overs on a good batting track. It's still all Dhoni's fault. Keep crying dude. It the right thing to do when you win a series for the first time in a country for decades. I'm sure the Indian team, support staff are all crying and complaining while they drown their sorrows over a few drinks right now. :rotfl:
when has it not rained in NZ?.if the forecast says rain then it will actually rain .i am happy with 1-0 but would have ecstatic with 2-0.
Benign pitch..90 overs at the max.. going by your opinion..then wth did they continued batting on day-4 when there was 70% chances of rain on the final day ?? When a team is trying to save the match,shouldn't we prepare ourselves for an irritating partnership here and there ?? As Ravi pointed out in the other thread, any captain other than Dhoni would have got the stick from the media and fans alike.
What's the point in talking to you when you don't bother really reading what I've posted? I said India only bowled 90 overs because of the rain, not 90 overs max. The max was two days play so 180 or so overs.
Guest gaurav_indian
when has it not rained in NZ?.if the forecast says rain then it will actually rain .i am happy with 1-0 but would have ecstatic with 2-0.
lol looks like fontaine has just started watching cricket.He doesnt know how 2-0 sounds.Its called dominating the series.Winning convincigly.:mad:
Guest gaurav_indian
Yeah, it was Dhoni's fault that he wasn't psychic/clairvoyent to know exactly when it would rain and how many overs he would have left. Also Dhoni should be criticized for not realizing that there would be three simple dropped catches. I mean, nevermind that NZ would have been bowled out if two of those catches would have been taken in under 90 overs on a good batting track in four full days play. It's still all Dhoni's fault. Keep crying dude. It the right thing to do when you win a series for the first time in a country for decades. I'm sure the Indian team, support staff are all crying and complaining while they drown their sorrows over a few drinks right now. But then again, complaining and whining is pretty much what you should expect from a front running, band wagon cowgirlz fan!! :rotfl:
Welcome to test cricket mate.
What's the point in talking to you when you don't bother really reading what I've posted? I said India only bowled 90 overs because of the rain, not 90 overs max. The max was two days play so 180or so overs.
okay..my bad! So you are saying Dhoni was not at all defensive with his approach in this test ??
There was a forecast for rain on both days 4 and 5' date=' on the flipside i think i have a totally different perspective on this, 95 odd overs is good enough to bowl out an average kiwi,[b'] i think our bowlers should cop a bit of stick here
Nah, if two of those first three catches would have been taken then we would have bowled out NZ.
Guest gaurav_indian
Nah' date=' if two of those first three catches would have been taken then we would have bowled out NZ.[/quote'] haha so you can cry over those 2-3 dropped catches but we cant even complain about the delay in the declaration.:hysterical::hysterical:

Hell looks like this site is full of Indian Cricket Haters rather than Fans....... Every fan will cherish and would not want to lose a single moment without enjoying a team's rise.... Yes New Zealand is the number 8 team on the rankings but it has taken us 4 decades to win a series against the no8 ranked team at their home..... we get to analyse the team's performances but not criticize the team's performance.. Please talk about the team as a whole and not about one person... Please remember that this captain and coach duo was the one that pulled Indian cricket's hopes after the mishap created by Greg Chappel. Guys please this is the site for Indian cricket's fans for all those who still want to criticize the team on its gallant efforts F**K OFFThis site is not for you...

okay..my bad! So you are saying Dhoni was not at all defensive with his approach in this test ??
Yeah, again you obviously can't read what I've posted. So let me very s l o w l y spell it out for you. Defensive/Aggressive approaches don't win you test matches. The players do. Dhoni was ultra aggressive in the first match, gambling on putting NZ in and his bowlers to exploit the first day when there would be help from the conditions. The bowlers did EXACTLY that and for the most part the fielders backed them apart from a horrible drop by Sehwag, and we won thanks to that first day's bowling effort. Now in this test match Dhoni was counting on his bowlers/fielders to bowl out NZ in whatever amount of time we had in the two days. HE WAS RIGHT, WE HAD ENOUGH TIME. But the fielders didn't back him up and they dropped catches. We could have had another 20 overs, if like you say, Dhoni declared earlier but AGAIN no guarantees that those extra 20 overs would have been enough when the fielders drop these kind of catches.