Sanjay Manjrekar joins ESPN-STAR

SachDan

ESPN STAR Sports, Asia’s leading sports’ broadcaster, has announced that it has signed Sanjay Manjrekar, former Indian batsman, famous for his impeccable technique as an exclusive presenter and commentator for its cricket related programming in India. With this, Manjrekar becomes a part of the illustrious list of commentators on ESPN STAR Sports which includes some of cricket’s finest experts like Alan Wilkins, Wasim Akram and Harsha Bhogle. Manjrekar will be part of the ESPN STAR Sports commentary panel to cover the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20, ICC Champions Trophy & Champions League 2020, three blockbuster events which will be televised on ESPN, STAR Sports & STAR Cricket in the next 6 months. In addition, Manjrekar will be part of cricket related feature programming on the network. Announcing the induction of Manjrekar’s in the expert’s panel, Mr RC Venkateish, Managing Director, ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd, said, “We are delighted to welcome Sanjay in our expert panel. Sanjay Manjrekar is highly regarded for his crisp and analytical commentary and has a huge fan following in the subcontinent as well as across the globe. I expect that Sanjay will provide an interesting dimension to the team and entertain us in the foreseeable future." Speaking on the occasion, Sanjay Manjrekar, said, “I have always admired ESPN STAR Sports as they are the ultimate when it comes to sports broadcasting. I am delighted to be part of this illustrious list of commentators on the network. I am also happy to note that ESPN STAR Sports has an extremely heavy calendar with as many as 3 mega multi-nation tournaments in the next 6 months alone. I look forward to this exciting new phase of my life.†ESPN STAR Sports’ commentary panel has always set new benchmarks in cricket commentary and analysis. The distinguished panel has made viewing cricket a sublime experience with insights from the most comprehensive group of cricketing greats and experts. http://www.tvnext.in/news/142/ARTICLE/1957/2009-04-08.html

Oh crap..... wasn't there anyone deserving? Why Sanjay Manjraker? He sounds pretty stupid and hardly has the decency to accept he has been wrong many a times as I mentioned in the other thread. It almost sounds as if Sanjay Manjraker is out there to big up players anyone other than Sachin Tendulkar. I feel there must have been a feud between Manjraker and Sachin. Manjraker carries this personal tirade in the commentary.

Its a great news that Sanjay Manjarekar will be presenting the Cricket Matches....but I doubt that he can overtake Harsha Bhogle.......to me Harsha is the best match presenter(anchor) in the world....Sanjay Manjeraker is a good commentator and also along with greats like Ravi Shastri,Sunil Gavaskar,Alan Wilkins,Ian Chappel,Wasim Akram,Michael Slater etc....will make a very good panel of commentators

^^ Ravi and Sunny left ESS last year. That's why they have roped in Sanjay.
:omg: Two of their best commentators gone :(( Why dont they fill in some good commentators like Arun Lal or may be some of them from England as David Lloyd (Bumble) or Nasser Hussain they would fit much much better than Manjarekar :omg:
sanjay Manjrekar= jealous about SRT's huge success. he is generally quite decent but when it comes to SRT he is plain jealous and his envy come thru so obviously.
Rajan, I don't think he's jealous of Sachin's success. Till the end of 2003 WC, Manggy on air went ga-ga over Sachin at any given opportunity.As ravi mentioned, it's some sorta personal issues that he's taking in to the commentary box.
respect your opinion' date=' but just found someone actually liking Uncle Lal's commentary, i was suprised[/quote'] in that case lets shake hands.... my favourite commentators are mark nicholas,bumble(david lloyd),harsha bhogle robin jackman and i also like ravi shastri too what are ur favs spectre
in that case lets shake hands.... my favourite commentators are mark nicholas,bumble(david lloyd),harsha bhogle robin jackman and i also like ravi shastri too what are ur favs spectre
Favourites - Richie Benaud, Tony Grieg, Harsha Bhogle, Geoffrey Boycott, Sunny, Ravi, Alan Wilkins, Bumble, Nicholas, Ian Chappell ,Holding, Bishop, Dean Jones recent - Simon Doull, Ian Smith I like most guys - ones u have stated as well Absolutely hate the pakistani and srilankan ones, LS, Uncle Lal and few others special mention: ranjith Fernando :angry_smile:
Rajan' date=' I don't think he's jealous of Sachin's success. Till the end of 2003 WC, Manggy on air went ga-ga over Sachin at any given opportunity.As ravi mentioned, it's some sorta personal issues that he's taking in to the commentary box.[/quote'] my point is SM is taking his agenda to a different level altogether and quite unnecessarily. SRT scored 2 big hundreds. contributed in every test in the Australian tests in 2007-08. he started off well in the CB series. he was hit wicket in a match and then got out trying to force the run rate in a rain curtalied match. he was doing better than many batsmen in the series. in fact scored a superb 44 in a winning cause against aussies in a crucial low scoring game.he was not out of form. but he was unlucky. but out of the blue, this idiot comes out with the elephant in the room article targeting him. if he was a fan, going just by the scorecard, he may have a small reason to criticise SRT in that series. but a critic, ex.cricketer, who is watching every game should NEVER have wriiten that article. it was in such bad taste. it is another matter that SRT rubbed SM's nose in dirt after that. even just prior to the team's departure to NZ, he was almost making fun of the senior batsmen for not insisting on more practice matches there and was ridiculing the chances of the batsmen coming to terms with the conditions there.i was so happy for those 160+ in one day+ test and the other gems that SRT played. he virtually shut SM's mouth.
Oh crap..... wasn't there anyone deserving? Why Sanjay Manjraker? He sounds pretty stupid and hardly has the decency to accept he has been wrong many a times as I mentioned in the other thread. It almost sounds as if Sanjay Manjraker is out there to big up players anyone other than Sachin Tendulkar. I feel there must have been a feud between Manjraker and Sachin. Manjraker carries this personal tirade in the commentary.
If you watch old footage of Manjrekar and Tendulkar batting together, you will see a lot of similarity between the two. Somewhere I think Manjrekar is jealous of Tendulkar. He thinks that he was a much better batsman than the success he achieved. It comes out sometimes in his commentary. I recall him describing how he used to read the ball in the air and how he managed to pick just about any spinner with ease. I think its pure jealousy and nothing else. Otherwise someone would be wrong once and twice and the shut up.
Rajan' date=' I don't think he's jealous of Sachin's success. Till the end of 2003 WC, Manggy on air went ga-ga over Sachin at any given opportunity.As ravi mentioned, it's some sorta personal issues that he's taking in to the commentary box.[/quote'] At the time he allegedly owed Tendlya money, once Tendlya forgave the amount, hes back at his best criticizing him.

I think Manjrekar is a horrible commentator , theres too much of pause in his speech. He might be fluent enough, but hes doesnt articulate enough which is very irritating. The giant Atul Wassan thinks at least on his feet and comes up with some crock of clever shyte once in a while.