Gambhir should captain Delhi Daredevils

amits

sehwag is the most selfless cricketer to play cricket. he looks to hit 4s & 6s for the sake of the team even when in 90s & is the only player ever in odi cricket to have a sr of >100 with a ave of >34
On the contrary I feel its extremely selfish of him as when he hits those sixes the team has not won yet and there is no need to take un-necessary risks. His wicket in an attempt to bring century might cause the team to falter. Bowlers already know he will try the shot. Just so that he can be a show pony he tries to do it each time when its not needed at all

Bottomline is Sehwag is a player who can single handedly win a match and torment the bowlers but he is useless as a captain- Gambhir should captain Delhi and can possibly be groomed as future captain if ever a replacement for Dhoni is needed

On the contrary I feel its extremely selfish of him as when he hits those sixes the team has not won yet and there is no need to take un-necessary risks. His wicket in an attempt to bring century might cause the team to falter. Bowlers already know he will try the shot. Just so that he can be a show pony he tries to do it each time when its not needed at all
Thats not selfish at all. If you're going to make a statement to the bowler that you're on the field to dominate him, and not to mess around, no better way to show that by hitting a six and achieving an important milestone. Calling Sehwag selfish for doing this is like calling Jeff Thompson selfish for saying that he wanted to see blood of batsman. You could argue 'why does he want to see blood and not want to take a wicket'. This reasoning sounds just as ridiculous. And the "show pony" refused a single on 199 so that the team's score could be higher if he stayed at this end.

Bottomline is Sehwag is a player who can single handedly win a match and torment the bowlers but he is useless as a captain- Gambhir should captain Delhi and can possibly be groomed as future captain if ever a replacement for Dhoni is needed
thats exactly what i have been saying

it would have been someone elses decision
We have learnt to win close matches: Bhatia DURBAN - Rajat Bhatia, who bowled Delhi Daredevils to a fantastic victory over Deccan Chargers Wednesday, has said that his team has learnt to win close matches and this has made them title favourites in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Bhatia was adjudged Man of the Match as he turned the match in Delhi’s favour, when he dismissed Andrew Symonds and Dwayne Bravo in a space of three balls. He took four wickets and conceded 15 runs in his 2.4 overs. ‘I could not get runs but I bowled well and I am happy that we won today (Wednesday). I had wanted to bowl good yorkers and slower ones and it worked. It is great that we have learnt to turn things around at such stages,’ Bhatia was quoted as saying by iplt20.com. Bhatia said that he was confident of getting Symonds easily. ‘I thought that Andrew Symonds has never played against me so he has no idea about how I bowl. So, I knew that I had a fair chance of getting his wicket. ‘I got my confidence from my captain Virender Sehwag. It was great to know that he thought I was capable of bowling in this situation… it was a bonus. I know that in a Twenty20 game one over can change the match. I was confident that I can do it for my team,’ he said.
http://blog.taragana.com/n/we-have-learnt-to-win-close-matches-bhatia-62721/