IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

i ll buy mumbai @42 @ 5k per point...plz make this trade goose....m also playing this now...:nervous:
Welcome Gaurav92 ! When buying you must trade on the higher of the two hyphenated prices in blue i.e. 45 in this case. It's all explained very well in the FAQ section - pls read. Would you like to BUY MUMBAI AT 45 in $5k per point ?

can u explain me what is highest score 64-69 ...i didnt get it
What do you think the highest individual run score will be for a batsman in Match 43? Higher than 69? then buy 69. Or you think lower than 64? then sell at 64. Remember to state how many $k per run. Note market has since moved to 61-66.

Welcome Gaurav92 ! When buying you must trade on the higher of the two hyphenated prices in blue i.e. 45 in this case. It's all explained very well in the FAQ section - pls read. Would you like to BUY MUMBAI AT 45 in $5k per point ?
no :((

nowhere - it comes from 20yrs of watching cricket !
You sure you are not scanning old scorecards to see what's the best fit? (That 64 prediction was spot on. In fact I checked that almost 50% of the games had a highest score of 64+, and 50% had a highest score of 64-. It's pretty cool). I like this league (although making money seems hard unless one can find a sucker to trade with :)

You sure you are not scanning old scorecards to see what's the best fit? (That 64 prediction was spot on. In fact I checked that almost 50% of the games had a highest score of 64+' date=' and 50% had a highest score of 64-. It's pretty cool). I like this league (although making money seems hard unless one can find a sucker to trade with :)[/quote'] To be fair the the Total Sixes market and the High Score markets settled very close to the 'typical' values in that game - that's not going to happen too often ! A bit freakish that. There's a few approaches to betting. One, go with the team you support - the most simple and fun. Second, go with the other team as an emotional hedge. Third, and most interesting is to look for value. Sometimes I get it wrong - look at the Aiye Aiye Captain bet i invented. I started off at 110-130 and Outsider bought 130 in $100k. He could sell at 155 now and make a tidy profit before the relevant games have even started! Another example...you could buy Delhi Daredevils on the Win Index, and select certain games to sell Delhi in the Win Margin. It's called relative value trading. You look for correlations and aim to increase your odds of winning from 50% to say 70%. Another example - buy the Highest Score for a game, and simultaneously sell Total Fours and Total Sixes in carefully chosen sizes. Get the idea?

Goose: Currently the win margin uses wickets left' date=' can you use balls remaining? (That seems more realistic in T20).[/quote'] Interesting idea...i'll have a think. My initial thoughts are most games will be won by between 3 and 7 wickets i.e. a 40 point range, whereas most games will be won with between 3 and 18 balls remaining (just my read of things) - a far narrower range thus less exciting, however, the equivalence with a runs victory looks pretty good so i'll definitely look into that one.