Row between coach and seniors looms large

King

Re: Row between coach and seniors looms large

the same youngsters, coach and captain..... before the arrival of Sachin, Ganguly and Zak won 20 times in a row setting a world record, which was not accomplished by windies of the 80s or Australia, be it home or away.... this included one of the toughest places for india - in Pakistan..... most of those teams were ranked 2 at that time..... we were punching above our weight and delivering knock-outs... Now answer me, WHO SHATTERED WHOSE CONFIDENCE?
Well there obviously is merit to that question. I mean it is understandable to hear criticism of the team when the results are not good but when incidents like this happen it is prudent to suggest that GC was not too off the mark with "mafia" statement. It reminds me of the time Kapil made his debut and seniors would be treated as king. Youngsters were supposed to make tea, get food, sometimes even tie the shoe-laces..as a mean to show who is the boss. I had thought those days were gone..apparently not. xxxx

Sreesanth can be pri**k too. I mean ' date=' this guy actually tried to sledge Sehwag and Sachin in domestic circuit. For God's sake , imagine a newbie like Sreesanth sledging Sachin.[/quote'] so what??? u expected him to be subservient?? these are the kinda views that ails india as a country....

Sreesanth can be pri**k too. I mean ' date=' this guy actually tried to sledge Sehwag and Sachin in domestic circuit. For God's sake , imagine a newbie like Sreesanth sledging Sachin.[/quote'] so what??? u expected him to be subservient?? these are the kinda views that ails india as a country....
I expect him to take it like a man if he gives. My problem with him is he behaved like a wimp after Zaheer chided him. Check this out - "A shocked and upset Sreesanth retreated to the dressing room and, for a while, was inconsolable."

I expect him to take it like a man if he gives. My problem with him is he behaved like a wimp after Zaheer chided him. Check this out - "A shocked and upset Sreesanth retreated to the dressing room and, for a while, was inconsolable."
KR, How is it the same thing? On cricket field, Sachin and Sreesanth were playing for different team. A charged up Sreesanth ended up sledging Sachin. I dont support sledging but thats the context of that incident. The two players were on the opposite side of a battle. On the other hand with Zaheer Khan incident both he and ZK are on the same side. Not only does ZK(and Agarkar) mislead Sreesanth into bouncing Ganguly, Sree gets to hear a mouthful of expletives from Ganguly first, and then eventually by Zaheer and Agarkar. Not only that afterwards he gets to hear some more when he is giving that thankless SOB Zaheer Khan water. That would make any youngster not only uncomfortable but downright distraught. I wouldnt mind if ZK sledges Sreesanth on the field. I doubt he will though because - 1) Sreesanth might do to him what he did to Nel. 2) Sreesanth has 10 miles extra on Zaheer and would repay him in the same coin! xxxx

Re: Row between coach and seniors looms large Lurker, I don't know man . Even Sehwag had some beef with Sreesanth and complained to team management about him. Also, his style of sledging can rub people the wrong way. For example , he sledged Sehwag by asking him why he can't bat in real ODI's like he did for India Seniors during that match. The point I am trying to make is this guy is no saint either. He has a tendency to rub people the wrong way. And his sledging is frankly overboard and unnecessary. But , I would agree that Zaheer had no business mouthing him off. But ,to be distraught to the point of being inconsolable and that too after Zaheer chided him , give me a break.

Re: Row between coach and seniors looms large KR. I am not defending Sreesanth's overall record. By all accounts he is aggressive to the extent of coming across as an eccentric. But whatever we know about him is what happens on-field. If ZK or Agarkar done that, sledged Sree or Sehwag of Ganguly whatever, I wouldnt have a problem with it. However to use a Junior Player to bounce in nets, that too a bowler who by most accounts was not going to play in the game, sounds nothing short of an act of asking your Junior to do dirty work and settle scores with someone else(in this case Ganguly). If ZK really wanted to see Ganguly play a bouncer he should have bowled one himself, after all he is a medium fast bowler is he not? And to cop that when Ganguly gives Sree a mouthful ZK/Agarkar follow suit. Both in the nets and off. Sorry but in this incident I can not see what Sreesanth did wrong. xxx

KR. I am not defending Sreesanth's overall record. By all accounts he is aggressive to the extent of coming across as an eccentric. But whatever we know about him is what happens on-field. If ZK or Agarkar done that, sledged Sree or Sehwag of Ganguly whatever, I wouldnt have a problem with it. However to use a Junior Player to bounce in nets, that too a bowler who by most accounts was not going to play in the game, sounds nothing short of an act of asking your Junior to do dirty work and settle scores with someone else(in this case Ganguly). If ZK really wanted to see Ganguly play a bouncer he should have bowled one himself, after all he is a medium fast bowler is he not? And to cop that when Ganguly gives Sree a mouthful ZK/Agarkar follow suit. Both in the nets and off. Sorry but in this incident I can not see what Sreesanth did wrong. *****
A question I have is , it is generally assumed that Zaheer belongs to the cabal of Ganguly. Then why would he wish someone bowl a bouncer to Ganguly and that to settle what score ?

A question I have is , it is generally assumed that Zaheer belongs to the cabal of Ganguly. Then why would he wish someone bowl a bouncer to Ganguly and that to settle what score ?
Well that can only be guessed KR. Look at it this way. ZK belonging to Ganguly's camp does not mean ZK is going to do things to help Ganguly's career. Afterall the death nail in Ganguly's career had been the last few games at home(before he was kicked out of the team) and he was alsmost dismisssed at will by Zaheer Khan. One can start asking how ZK was in Ganguly's camp when Ganguly practically lost his position in team thanks to him? We can only guess about that KR.

Re: Row between coach and seniors looms large Why was Ganguly bad mouthing Sreesanth for bowling a bouncer at him during practice? Does that facker expect every ball to be a half volley outside offstump in a real match situation? Sickening attitude all around! :mad:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Row between coach and seniors looms large that's how freaking middle-class low self-esteem sissies react , straight to the kop-bhawan

Guest dada_rocks

that's how freaking middle-class low self-esteem sissies react ' date=' straight to the kop-bhawan[/quote'] And who the fack are you, some facking Maharaja of Patiala?
csince when i was playing for india .. and yes to anse ur as usual irrelevnt rant I too am one of the same fraking middle-class .. since u are on rant let me take shot.. go back to rat-hole because cricket is going to start and again u will have no face to show..
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Row between coach and seniors looms large itani jaldi bukhar utar gaya.. lol is nto hiding anything.. next time stay on topic.. and yes plan another break because cricket is going to starat again and no-talent dada is again goign to shup few loud mouths :wtg: