Is Haroon Having A Laugh !

Guest Gunner
No Sir' date=' they always say Bharat. You must have seen it once or twice but everytime I have seen Pak news, they always say it as Bharat; even when they are bi.tching abt it[/quote'] Rajiv, I think he is referring to the average louts.
The Tamil word for India is only a slight variation - Baaradham. My point was if its Bharat in Hindi those hoopleheads next door should use the same word. Muslims ruled 'Hindustan' so I think they prefer that name.
but they dont use hindi, they use urdu and Bharat is Hindustan in urdu just like its India on BCC and CNN
but they dont use hindi' date=' they use urdu and Bharat is Hindustan in urdu just like its India on BCC and CNN[/quote'] Hindustan is an anachronistic term - it doesnt exist anymore -By that logic Pakistan was a part of 'Hindustan' too. The successor state to Hindustan is British India and then India which in Urdu or Hindi is Bharat.(What do the Urdu speakers of India say for the country now? Bharat or Hindustan - I think they say Bharat) Now the Indians of the West Indies call their language 'Hindustani' because at the time when they left, 'Hindustani' was the lingua franca of North India and Hindustan was the name of the country they left. How about if we call their country ' Pashchim Hindustan'.