The Saturday Thread- Warne, McGrath, Atul Sharma, & The Exponential Growth of Wickets

I think there's always an element of 'who you've grown up watching'. As any half decent scientist will tell you, without the observer, there is no reality - there is no Warne, there is no McGrath. Their skill and worth will always be part linked to the spectator. Tomorrow's twenty-something twenty-20 fans will grow up with and idolise a new set of 'superstars' and convince themselves that the new T20 breed would have smacked McGrath's line and length all over the park, and it would be hard to argue against that. In fact he/she may well be right such is the pace of change in batting technique. I will, however, always insist on one player transcending all - Sachin Tendulkar. A T20 batsman announcing himself in the Test arena 20 years ago and still going strong. On Atul Sharma - I think Indian cricket fans, in particular, have grown up watching India fight too many losing battles . Secretly, we know some of our greatest moments came whilst India remained a mediocre side with occasional interruptions of mind-boggling brilliance. Perhaps, the Indian cricket side has just gotten too good now and taken all the sadistic fun out of things. Enter Atul Sharma - personification of that one last vestige of alleged underachievement in Indian cricket - a 160 kph speedster.

Will Atul Sharma ever make an appearance in a cricket match .. I get irritated nowadays whenever I hear his name .. it has been too much Atul Sharma during the last month or so although nobody has ever seen him bowl in any match
Lets forget him till next IPL!