Cricket writing these days

Gideon Haigh should make into that list based on his latest article only...about Great Kapil of course :winky: http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/406538.html Although I liked his entire piece I thought his paragraph on the 4 legends in a Western saloon was dead on Now thats how you weave a story! Hadlee's cold stare was absolute best while Botham barging chest thumping brought a smile..and many a memories. Kapil's unique identity was highlighted well and truly..although I would have loved a bit more detail into his batting. xx
I loved that part as well. Although, for Kapil he could have written - 'but all of them slighty uneasy and wary of the unknown grinning, neat whiskey gulping injun in the corner.'
Mr. Wicket= Salil right? how are you? tell me your picks for the semis i remember before the IPL (2008) started you were saying that it didn't matter that we would see people like Warne again, because watching 4 overs of warne would be equivalent to listen to 2 minutes of a great composer's symphony do you still think so? i must say that i never really got to see warne so i would say 2 minutes of a symphony is still 2 minutes
Yup. Still Salil/thaleel here. And yes, I still hold that thought on Warne/the effects of the T20 format of the game. Maybe it's even less than the 2 minutes of a symphony though; one of the beauties of the long game was that a bowler like him could settle in for a long spell where he could really set batsmen up, plan dismissals over a couple of overs and execute them. To a lesser extent this was also possible in ODIs, where an extended 6-10 over spell was still possible. The shame about T20s is that such genius gets restricted by the lack of time - so when I watched it there were too many cases of people just playing low risk cricket against someone like Warne or Murali to not lose wickets, and to stay around to hit other bowlers. They'd end with 'respectable' figures for that form with a wicket or two usually - but could never really dominate a game and put their stamp on it the way they would in tests. Was watching one of my old DVDs from the last Ashes... that Adelaide spell on the fifth morning - wow. Just brilliant, mesmerising bowling with such skill and aggression - it's a shame that the format doesn't allow for such things to take place.
Although' date=' for Kapil he could have written - 'but all of them slighty uneasy and wary of the [b']unknown grinning, neat whiskey gulping injun in the corner.'
Unknown :whack::whack::whack::whack: and then some :whack::whack::whack::whack: Nonchalant would be the better word Gambo. The most athletic, natural, swasbuckler that ever lived! I can rattle of the times he launched his front foot and smashed all the other Western characters out of the park, something the other daredevils could only imagine. Gideon Haigh got it dead right when he said Kapil was the inspiration for Dhoni, Sehwag, Ishant and Zaheer. To that effect I wonder if any cricketer, of 70s/80s, had that kind of affect really. Kapil played Test cricket back in 80s if that was a 20/20 of 2000s. What a player :band:
Unknown :whack::whack::whack::whack: and then some :whack::whack::whack::whack: Nonchalant would be the better word Gambo. The most athletic, natural, swasbuckler that ever lived! I can rattle of the times he launched his front foot and smashed all the other Western characters out of the park, something the other daredevils could only imagine.
Arre yaar, I meant Unknown in a good way. Maybe I should have used unpredictable or inscrutable.
Hideon Haigh got it dead right when he said Kapil was the inspiration for Dhoni, Sehwag, Ishant and Zaheer. To that effect I wonder if any cricketer, of 70s/80s, had that kind of affect really. Kapil played Test cricket back in 80s if that was a 20/20 of 2000s.
I don't think Kapil influenced the ones I've highlighted. Veeru's fascination with SRT is quite well documented. MSD's inspiration was Gilly. Simply put, the young uns simply haven't seen enough of Kapil to be influenced by him. Sure they respect him and have heard of his exploits but have not seen him on TV while growing up(not his best years anyway).