Younus urges team to win Cup for fans - Do not merge please

Feed

di di LONDON (AFP) - Pakistan captain Younus Khan challenged his side to win the World Twenty20 for their cricket-starved fans after they boooked their place in the second round here on Tuesday. Victory over the Netherlands - who stunningly defeated England in the opening match of the tournament - by 82 runs at Lord's saw Pakistan bounce back from their 48-run loss last weekend to the hosts at the Oval. Now Younus wants Pakistan, finalists at the inaugural World Twenty20 two yearsSports?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Sports?i=rkKjC_ezfqo:V7MzJ7-zfnc:V_sGLiPBpWU rkKjC_ezfqoMore...

From calling the T20 WC fun to now wanting to win the finals.... Younis has come some distance. After the loss against England he had pretty much given away I think hence the "It's all fun in Twenty20". After beating Netherlands Younis seems to have found some enthusiasm for Twenty20. I think he is treading dangerous path here, he is hyping up too much by publicly annoucing that he wants the cup to be won for the fans. By chance Pakistan fails to make it to Semis he will be in for a shocker from the fans. It won't take long for the mood of the fans and the players to change though. One loss against Sri Lanka tonight and the fans will be back with their criticism of Younis. I guess Pakistan's chances hinges on tonight's game against SL. I don't reckon Pakistan can beat Sri Lanka particularly considering the kind of form Sri Lanka is in, both with the bat and the ball right now. It will be no less than a miracle if Pakistan wins. This will be the biggest upset of the tourney IMO.

Pakistan should make it to the semis if the top order doesnt fall as the lower order is explosive provided there is a solid base. That should be Pakistan's strategy. I wouldnt be surprised if we make it to the semis from here as the team on its day is very dangerous.