Off to WI in 10 days...what should be our squad?

Sooda

My Odi Squad 1. G. Gambhir 2. R. Sharma 3. S. Raina 4. M.S. Dhoni (captain) 5. Yuvraj Paaji 6. Dinesh Karthik (WK) 7. Yousuf Pathan 8. Harbajhan Singh 9. Zaheer Khan 10. R.P. Singh 11. Ishant Sharma (I have a feeling he will do well this time in WI bouncy and pace conditions) 12. Irfan 13. Jadeja 14. Virat Kohli 15. Praveen Kumar

he is good, did very well in the 3 matches he played but i don't think the selectors would pick him on the basis of just 3 T20 games
Hmmmm true enough....But am wondering on what basis did the selectors retain ishant Sharma???? He was very poor in the IPL as well right????? Sometimes it's worth taking some risks by giving the youngster a chance..... Anyways, Curious to see the selection panel:--D....is it filled with some grumpy old men or what?:cantstop:

Actually, Id be in favour of having Karthik in the side as keeper because it relieves Dhoni of some of the pressure and adds some depth to our batting. I think the above side (by Bravo) is actually the best side we have, although there is a question mark over Ishant's form atm, so I would consider Praveen.

Rest dhoni , ishitant and zaheer. We should go in with an all youngster team. So the squad is Gambhir Rohit Raina Yuvraj (captain) Badrinath Karthik (wk) Yusuf Bhajji (v cap) Munaf RP Singh Praveen K Backups: Sreesanth Jadeja Ojha Rahane Badri needs to be given his opportunity. He is getting old and it will be unfair if he isnt given a go when its still time. Virat kohli can be given a go in place of rahane (both were equally good in IPL , rahane better in ranji) , but rahane may be included just to give him a feel of the team enviornment.

^ Why would you rest Dhoni? I think Dhoni more than anyone else in the team right now has a point to prove with this series. The media have hounded him for his batting, his captaincy and his overall leadership. I think he wants this series to show the world that he is still a good captain and a good batsman.

^ Why would you rest Dhoni? I think Dhoni more than anyone else in the team right now has a point to prove with this series. The media have hounded him for his batting' date=' his captaincy and his overall leadership. I think he wants this series to show the world that he is still a good captain and a good batsman.[/quote'] Well personally i would like to rest him. he has played non stop cricket since a long time now and has complained of back problems just recently. Standing behind the stumps for 3 hours in a bent position isnt an easy job. But if he wants to play , of course he will.
Well personally i would like to rest him. he has played non stop cricket since a long time now and has complained of back problems just recently. Standing behind the stumps for 3 hours in a bent position isnt an easy job. But if he wants to play ' date=' of course he will.[/quote'] Fair enough ... but Dhoni just received an extra 7 days of rest now :giggle:

I do think Dhoni needs rest right now. The scheduling of the WI series is criminal on BCCI's part. Gambhir and Ishant too could do with some rest. My team would be: 1. S. Tendulkar (if he's available of course, otherwise Gambhir will have to play) 2. R. Sharma 3. M. Pandey 4. Y. Singh 5. S. Raina 6. S. Badrinath 7. Y. Pathan 8. R. Jadeja 9. A. Nayar 10. D. Kaarthick 11. H. Singh 12. P. Ojha 13. I. Pathan 14. Z. Khan 15. RP Singh 16. P. Kumar One of Yuvraj or Zaheer can be temporary captain for this series, and hopefully by the champions trophy [which is far more important] our key players like Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni and Ishant would be well rested and raring to go.

He's a myth :dance: Would love to see RSD back in the ODI team, at least he can score faster than Mr. Craptain.
well i'm all for dravid.....but i would at least like to see atul sharma bowling at least once even if he is the legendary lockness monster or the mythical snowman or the prophetic saviour so that he can break a few english jaws and shut naseer hussain up that guy could never win a test series against us and comments on our technique....
After WI what next??...BCCI could be thinking of squeezing one more IPL edition before the end of this year.
one day series against australia champions trophy champions league t 20 srilanka home series may be bcci can make a team play 2 t20s in a day....they wull say it is like playing an odi..... some one give them rest for god sake.....our players looked so tired and out of sorts
one day series against australia champions trophy champions league t 20 srilanka home series may be bcci can make a team play 2 t20s in a day....they wull say it is like playing an odi..... some one give them rest for god sake.....our players looked so tired and out of sorts
OMG...Indian team might die of cricket flu and not swine flu in the near future.

For Godsake cancel this damn tour!BCCI is squeezing every thing out of Indian team like Dracula.U know what this loss was indeed a blessing in disguise .Other wise imagine india playing final and then immediately off to WI .What would have been the energy level?.