Some good suggestions by former captains

Re: Some good suggestions by former captains

- Players must take the board's permission before entering into an endorsement contract. A copy of the contract should be submitted to the BCCI in order to ensure that there is no clause therein related to performance-based incentives. Also' date= not more than two or three players must endorse a product other than those by BCCI sponsors.
What purpose can be served here?
I would guess one reason could be due to the rumours that some players are trying to push others in the side because of corporate pressures. Say, Company X has players A and B with A a certainty and B a fringe player. They probably dont want a situation where Company X promises player A financial incentives to push the case of B in team meetings etc.
Good points. One more perspective: By limiting players per corporate we ensure no monopoly. Hence BCCI cannot be bullied by any single corporate. If one or subset of players need to be gotten rid of, the corporate cannot have as much say in it. Second, such limits could also force the contracts to place their bets on the best 3 or best 4 folks in the team, as opposed to awarding contracts to everyone with the hope, most of them will make it.

Re: Some good suggestions by former captains Indian cricket: Time for a revolution TIMES NEWS NETWORK MUMBAI, April 6: Former India captains Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, Chandu Borde, Srinivas Venkataraghavan, Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Ravi Shastri and Krishnamachari Srikanth made the following recommendations at the BCCI meeting on Friday: 1. Strengthen Domestic Cricket: Particularly the participation of international cricketers in major domestic tournaments. The international calender should be adjusted in such a way that at least 6 to 8 weeks in a year are available for domestic cricket. BCCI should try their level best to amend the Future Tours Programme in the general interest of Indian cricket. 2. Improve the quality of wickets: The BCCI must ensure that the domestic matches are played on sporting and lively wickets which are prepared under the supervision of members of pitch committee. The venues for important matches of the senior tournaments should be allotted by BCCI instead of the existing home and away rotation policy. 3. Ranji Trophy: The Elite group should be reduced to 10 teams from the existing 15 and the matches be played on round robin league basis so that it will improve the quality and competitiveness in domestic cricket. 4. Junior Cricket: The structure which is the best in the world and should be supported by providing good wickets and umpires. 5. India 'A' Tours: Should be undertaken on a regular basis to Australia/New Zealand/South Africa/West Indies. The tour may be organised ahead of the senior teams' tour to that country. 6. Pay Selectors: Selectors should be appointed on a full time basis on payment. Eligibility should be decided for appointment of both junior and senior selectors. Greater care should be taken in the appointment of selectors for the junior selection committee. 7. Form Pool of Players: Indian team must have a pool of at least 30 cricketers who should be rotated so that a cricketer does not play for more than 80 days of international cricket. 8. Star Zonal Academies: The National Cricket Academy must be supported by starting Zonal cricket academies, in each zone till all the state units set up their own indoor academies. 9. Put Cap on Players' Endorsements: The players must take permission of the Board before entering into an endorsement contract. A copy of the endorsement contract should be submitted to BCCI in order to ensure that there is no clause therein relating to performance based incentive. Limit the number of endorsement of a player. Not more than 2 to 3 players must endorse a product other than BCCI sponsor. 10.Form Cricket Committee: A committee may be constituted from among the captains to advise on cricketing matters and the committee should meet every quarter.

Re: Some good suggestions by former captains Pathetic. This just goes out to show how pitiful the state of the Indian cricketing structure really is. For other countries, the above recommendations don't even apply since they have them in place already. I'll bet even the Banglastanis have a better cricketing structure than India do.

Re: Some good suggestions by former captains Can't believe how apathetic I have become to the vicissitudes affecting Indian cricket. These are times of turmoil, and I am left stone cold. Not even a flicker of hope, of excitement for the future. There's that terrible voice inside that tells me "The more things change, the more they remain the same". New coach, new methods, processes, pitches, selection committees, five-year plans...but can you change the main protagonists? Try as I might, I can't see how all this is going to change our fortunes...I am really sorry guys. If putting on the Indian shirt doesn't fill you with vigour, enthusiasm, the will to do or die, what will? New plans, new slogans, new pitches, new trainers, a few more sanitized endorsements, fine print modified and all? Nah! Been there, seen that. Point is, you can't change individuals' response to pressure situations. They either have it in them to cope or they don't. Little Sri Lanka have people who come in at the death, bowl at 150 mph and take four wickets in as many deliveries...people who hit the top of the off stump off the last ball of the match in a do or die situation on the greatest stage of all. We don't. What greater indictment can there be? What greater dampener of our hopes, dreams, aspirations? The optimist in me would like to believe otherwise, but I am too old, too seasoned to be taken in by all this, folks. This is just history being recycled in containers full of hype and the false winds of change. Maybe when they step out at Lords this summer and whip England into submission in that first Test, you'll look back and laugh at me jumping up and down in my wicker chair, trying to wipe the embarassed, pleased-as-a punch-grin off my face.... But why, oh why, does my heart say otherwise?

Maybe when they step out at Lords this summer and whip England into submission in that first Test, you'll look back and laugh at me jumping up and down in my wicker chair, trying to wipe the embarassed, pleased-as-a punch-grin off my face....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Some good suggestions by former captains >>This was one of the most constructive meetings I have ever attended with the board," one of the captains told Cricinfo. "We discussed some crucial aspects; one of the keys was strengthening junior cricket. I don't want to give too many specific details, but here's one example: Tiger Pataudi spoke of how players learned how to dive and anticipate in fielding when they were 15, and not 25, so more focus needed to be given to the quality of coaching, umpiring and wickets at that level, so that no aaltu-faltu cricketers come through to the highest level." ...more good suggestions...

Maybe when they step out at Lords this summer and whip England into submission in that first Test, you'll look back and laugh at me jumping up and down in my wicker chair, trying to wipe the embarassed, pleased-as-a punch-grin off my face....
If that happens, expect a lot of squeaks on the board. :hic: Well may be not, it may be that sucker Dravid again, who may do it all alone.

Try as I might, I can't see how all this is going to change our fortunes...I am really sorry guys. If putting on the Indian shirt doesn't fill you with vigour, enthusiasm, the will to do or die, what will? New plans, new slogans, new pitches, new trainers, a few more sanitized endorsements, fine print modified and all?
Dhondy, You can't be expected to become suddenly tough mentally when you have grown up playing soft cricket all your life. System is extremely important which is competitive and where only tough and talented can survive. SL is a small country and doesn't have something like 500 FC players playing the domestic cricket. I agree that even BD is getting more professional with its system but we are still living in primitive age. If the system doesn't change, do not blame the players who are there not because of the system but despite it and will surely be more vulnerable than say an Aussie. All these suggestions are coming to BCCI since a decade. We now we have to see how many of those get impletented or will there be just cosmetic changes to keep everyone happy before another debacle?