Short ball : Steady on lads and lasses, don’t be swayed too much…

Ram

I really don't see why so much argument over some simple facts, these so called fearless youth brigade can't play short pitched balls, and apparently the latest desi fashion is not being able to play spin either. Why cloud that by bringing up batsmen like SRT or RSD? The simple fact that they've been playing for decades, all over the world with 10K+ runs is enough for their abilities against any sort of bowling. SCG wasn't very comfortable but it's not like he couldn't handle bouncers at all.

How about the last test match in Wellington? That was played on a tough pitch' date=' India did just fine there and almost won it but for rain.[/quote']
Headingly' date=' Wellington, Johannesberg, Jamaica, Belfast[/quote'] The argument is clearly about our younger T20/ODI players who were playing in this series and not about our test batting line up, who everyone knows is more than capable of handling the short ball. In fact, in tests most of our wins have come on pitches with something for the bowlers so that the quality of our batting differentiates itself from the opposition unlike Napier.

But didn't this young team win the last T20 WC in SA without any experience or exposure whatsoever? Didn't this same young team win in the CB series in Australia? Whatever, but the message is clear that Raina has not learnt how to handle the short ball ever since he was bounced out in the ODI series in SA in 2006. Newcomers like Jadeja are equally poor when it came to dealing with such bowling. I'm still hopeful for Rohit as I think poor shot selection was the cause of his downfall against WI and England, These guys need time to work on their flaws but they do not get any, unfortunately.