Indian team for the West Indies tour announced.

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest Gunner
Gunner' date=' on what basis does Murali Vijay deserve a spot ahead of guys like Kohli(who did well even in his international stint) and Rahane(who has been superb in the domestics and touted as one of the batsmen of the future).[/quote'] Actually that is not the intention of my post to justify Vijay's selection. I am more upset about this whole idea of taunting selection of players like Vijay without any empirical data to suggest otherwise. If you say his domestic performance are not good enough, the flip side is he has no international matches to prove otherwise. The point is not who is selected but the nature of comments being made on the board that he was selected because you know who is chairman of selectors, wink wink. Its a bloody shame.
The point is not who is selected but the nature of comments being made on the board that he was selected because you know who is chairman of selectors, wink wink. Its a bloody shame.
Why is it a shame? This certainly won't be the first time nepotism and regionalism has played a part in team selection. Or do you think that Srikkanth is above all this and not capable of such things whereas selectors of the past were?
Guest Gunner
o bhai yahan lecture dene se pehle apne aap ko dekho.Who are you to say anything about us without knowing us?Nick apna rakha hai Gunner aur baatein indian hone ki?Tumse jyada indian hu main.And we are just having fun dont take everything seriously.
Dekhiya jenaab, baat ye nahi hai ki kaun Indian jyaada hai yehan par. Agar app ko selection pasand nahi tho, ye seedhi tarah bol sakthe hain, zarrorat kya thi Srikkanth uske biwi, bachon ko isme ghaseet ne ki? Is tarah ki baatein agar me kisi ke baare me kahoon tho kya aap ko acha lage ga? waise meine aap ko bashaan kuch nahi diya hai, sirf apna aitraaz jathaya hai. Rahi mazaak ki baat tho kal me bhi isi tarah ke mazaak kartha hoon dekhenge kitno ko pasand aayega.
Guest Gunner
Why is it a shame? This certainly won't be the first time nepotism and regionalism has played a part in team selection. Or do you think that Srikkanth is above all this and not capable of such things whereas selectors of the past were?
Do you have any evidence to suggest that Srikkanth is baing biased here? If not as far as I understand the law you remain innocent until proven guilty, no?
Raina rested or dropped? Vijay ahead of Kohli is an absolute shocker
LINK Tendulkar rested, Nehra makes a comeback NDTV.com 16:18 IST, Wednesday, June 17, 2009 (New Delhi) The All-India Selection Committee picked the Indian team for the tour of the West Indies in June-July 2009 earlier on Wednesday. Suresh Raina was not considered for selection as he has sustained a hairline fracture on his thumb. He has been advised two weeks' rest. Zaheer Khan has been rested along with Sachin Tendulkar, who had made a request that he be rested for the tour. Two of the selectors Chairman K Srikkanth and Raja Venkat, were in the UK. They communicated with their three colleagues via a teleconference. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Gary Kirsten, and N Srinivasan, the Hony. Secretary of the BCCI and Convener of the All-India Selection Committee, also participated in the meeting from the UK. Team: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Yuvraj Singh (Vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Yusuf Pathan, Murali Vijay, S. Badrinath, R.P. Singh, Praveen Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Abhishek Nayar, Ashish Nehra, Ravindra Jadeja, Dinesh Kartik ______________________________________ So you see, Raina was injured! Wonder which match he broke his thumb in. Was it while fielding against Pak?
Guest Gunner
abey tu andha hai kya...tamil nadu ke 3 players hai...karthik' date='vijay aur badrinath..apni aakhen check karva le[/quote'] Mere khayal se cricket team me 11 log khelte hain 3 nahi.
Guest gaurav_indian
Dekhiya jenaab, baat ye nahi hai ki kaun Indian jyaada hai yehan par. Agar app ko selection pasand nahi tho, ye seedhi tarah bol sakthe hain, zarrorat kya thi Srikkanth uske biwi, bachon ko isme ghaseet ne ki? Is tarah ki baatein agar me kisi ke baare me kahoon tho kya aap ko acha lage ga? waise meine aap ko bashaan kuch nahi diya hai, sirf apna aitraaz jathaya hai. Rahi mazaak ki baat tho kal me bhi isi tarah ke mazaak kartha hoon dekhenge kitno ko pasand aayega.
Ok.:hatsoff:
This is the Indian cricket fans message board and no the North Indian cricket fans message board. My reaction might be a bit harsh since I normally don't get into this northie-southie crap but this time y'all had it comin.
First of all Don Sharma is a Tamil:orderorder:
You hyped up Raina turns out he has no technique.
All this over a couple of bad performances in T20:hmmmm: IMO Kohli > M Vijay in ODIs.
Guest gaurav_indian
abey tu andha hai kya...tamil nadu ke 3 players hai...karthik' date='vijay aur badrinath..apni aakhen check karva le[/quote'] Waise ek time pe i mean 80's and 90's mein bhi Mumbai se team mein 4-5 players hotay thay.And delhi se sehwag,gambhir,ishant,nehraa hai.So aise mat bolo yaar.:two_thumbs_up:
Do you have any evidence to suggest that Srikkanth is baing biased here? If not as far as I understand the law you remain innocent until proven guilty' date=' no?[/quote'] There was no "evidence" in previous cases of regionalism and nepotism in selection as well. The "evidence" is that more deserving players have been left out for Vijay in the squad. How else would you justify not selecting Kohli who did very well in the international matches and had a superb domestic OD season averaging 90 with a SR of 110.
Guest Gunner
First of all Don Sharma is a Tamil:orderorder:
Ok, my bad.:--D
All this over a couple of bad performances in T20:hmmmm: IMO Kohli > M Vijay in ODIs.
Not really, Raina cannot play genuine fast bowling. I pointed out that he needs to be tested on another thread even before all this started. All I am saying is give Vijay a chance to fail before you decide that. There is not harm in trying him out in a totally inconsequential series like this.
Guest gaurav_indian
There was no "evidence" in previous cases of regionalism and nepotism in selection as well. The "evidence" is that more deserving players have been left out for Vijay in the squad. How else would you justify not selecting Kohli who did very well in the international matches and had a superb domestic OD season averaging 90 with a SR of 110.
And i still cant understand why was he dropped?He was performing well.
Guest Gunner
There was no "evidence" in previous cases of regionalism and nepotism in selection as well. The "evidence" is that more deserving players have been left out for Vijay in the squad. How else would you justify not selecting Kohli who did very well in the international matches and had a superb domestic OD season averaging 90 with a SR of 110.
How will you know whether Vijay can do the job or not unless you give him an opportunity in a series like this? I don't understand how exactly you will discover new talent or build a new team without taking the risk of trying out new players. Virat Kohli and Murali Vijay have played exactly 25 List A games, scored exactly a little over 1000 runs. Virat averages better at 49,5 compared to Murali's 44,2. I don't see the problem here in trying Vijay out. And Virat played 5 ODIs and scored 159 runs at a SR of 66, perhaps Murali can do the same. It all comes down to opportunities.