When will we have an express fast bowler?

gooners, watching fast bowlers is exciting, sure you have many good batsmen and akthar did get wacked, but how many times has he hit sachin on the helmet, ganguly in ribs etc.. do you always want india to be thought of as great batting team, and dangerous slow bowlers in harbhajan and mishra ill tell u now, id rather see stump cartwheeling than a spinner clipping top of off
i wud rather see warne bowl an unstoppable googly than watch phaaaaaasht boller akktar chucking the bowl, getting hit for six and then blaming hyperextenshun
i wud rather see warne bowl an unstoppable googly than watch phaaaaaasht boller akktar chucking the bowl' date=' getting hit for six and then blaming hyperextenshun[/quote'] warne, ha, you havent produced anyone like warne, kumble in his own right was great, but warne is a magician , whats boller? akthar has been cleared by the ICC, like the icc cleared bhajji how bout u compare something pertinent Leg spin -> bowled around the legs Fast Bowler -> Bouncer, breaks the batsmen jaw and falls onto his wicket leg spin -> thru bat/pad fast-> breaks the middle stump into pieces
Guest Gunner
gooners, watching fast bowlers is exciting, sure you have many good batsmen and akthar did get wacked, but how many times has he hit sachin on the helmet, ganguly in ribs etc.. do you always want india to be thought of as great batting team, and dangerous slow bowlers in harbhajan and mishra ill tell u now, id rather see stump cartwheeling than a spinner clipping top of off
I would like to see akhtar's phassssttttt short of length ball outside off stump dissappear over third man or point for a six. Samjha.:haha::haha::haha:
warne, ha, you havent produced anyone like warne, kumble in his own right was great, but warne is a magician , fast-> breaks the middle stump into pieces
i was talking bout preference in watching bowlerz i wud rather see a good spinner bowl a skilful delivery like top spinner or googly than watch some fat druggie chuck the ball as phaaaaaaaaaasht s he can middle stupm into pieces? not in aktar's case. usually its the batsman's bat which breaks after hitting too many sixxxes :giggle::giggle:

What is alarming is that, despite a glaring problem in the face (and yes, I do think the development (or lack thereof) of fast bowlers is an important problem), BCCI has not done much. I think folks like Kamran Khan can be found around India, and we probably need to do more scouting, and encourage more tape-ball cricket (would I be correct in saying it helps develop quick bowlers?).

max, whatever floats ya boat

What is alarming is that' date=' despite a glaring problem in the face (and yes, I do think the development (or lack thereof) of fast bowlers is an important problem), BCCI has not done much. I think folks like Kamran Khan can be found around India, and we probably need to do more scouting, and encourage more tape-ball cricket (would I be correct in saying it helps develop quick bowlers?).[/quote'] yup i agree,

in india we dont play tape ball cricket....its rather tennis ball cricket.....where the batsman are kings....and the bowlers try all sorts of pace variations to control the batsman.......i have heard that the tape ball swings jus as a seasoned ball and also that it bounces more so more incentive for some one to bowl quick any regular tape ball bowler can confirm?

tape ball cricket? they dont play tapeball in australia and south africa
My knowledge there is not very good. I have only read the earlier responses in this thread regarding that. So I don't know. But I think more than all this we need some pitches in India that will aid fast bowling so that bowlers are not discouraged and forced to bowl line and length without pace all day long.
My knowledge there is not very good. I have only read the earlier responses in this thread regarding that. So I don't know. But I think more than all this we need some pitches in India that will aid fast bowling so that bowlers are not discouraged and forced to bowl line and length without pace all day long.
this is all bulls hith man tape ball cricket........pfffffff 2 things needed to produce good bwolers 1 correct management , by this i mean playing them sparingly and not overworking them 2 good physio and meical staff to make sure bowlers are looked after really carefully india doesnt do these things so u see bowlers breakin down all the time

Johnson while pacey is still not as fast as Shaun Tait, the difference being Johnson can maintain that pace over extended periods whereas Tait slows, well comparatively, his fatigued deliveries are still in the 140's heh. But Tait is still quite capable when 100% fit of sending down a 155kph bouncer.

:hysterical::hysterical: My gut is hurting. A 10 kmph across the board decline vs. a 2-3 kmph decline(at the end of the day when bowlers usually lose pace) or someone bowling 130 vs. 140+ is a tiny detail!! :laugh: Please carry on embarrasing yourself. I am enjoying it.
You're still completely ignoring how I asked you where specifically I said he had lost any significant pace. I quoted exactly what I had said and now you're spinning your way around that. Maybe because you assumed it but that's often what idiots do. Anyway Wornoutsider keep making things up and laughing by yourself.

Hmm.. I can understand our yearning for a genuine quick, but I honestly feel that should not be the path that we should be embarking on. We should aim to produce good, match-winning fast bowlers, who can delivewr in all conditions. If he happens to quick also, great. If not, how does it matter? All we want from our players is to win matches for our country. If we get obsessed with this romatic notion of this big-built quick, running in with his mane fluttering in the air and thundering through the crease, we'll end up a bit like our friends from across the border, who cant seem to think beyond 'phaaaaast' and 'sixxxxxxxxxxx' etc. For most of them, the success of a fast bowler starts and ends with the reading on the spreed gun. It truly does not, ask Glenn Mcgrath.

You're still completely ignoring how I asked you where specifically I said he had lost any significant pace. I quoted exactly what I had said and now you're spinning your way around that. Maybe because you assumed it but that's often what idiots do. Anyway Wornoutsider keep making things up and laughing by yourself.
Yeah who wrote the following verses, Shakespeare? :hysterical:
When Johnson got a 6-7 wickets against SA in Australia he was bowling more and more deliveries around 130, 137, and 140 kph. Go look it up.
Normally he bowls at 145 and can hit 150 as well. When you're down by 10kph frequently then it's like saying a medium pace bowler bowling at 75 kph frequently.
Hmm.. I can understand our yearning for a genuine quick, but I honestly feel that should not be the path that we should be embarking on. We should aim to produce good, match-winning fast bowlers, who can delivewr in all conditions. If he happens to quick also, great. If not, how does it matter? All we want from our players is to win matches for our country. If we get obsessed with this romatic notion of this big-built quick, running in with his mane fluttering in the air and thundering through the crease, we'll end up a bit like our friends from across the border, who cant seem to think beyond 'phaaaaast' and 'sixxxxxxxxxxx' etc. For most of them, the success of a fast bowler starts and ends with the reading on the spreed gun. It truly does not, ask Glenn Mcgrath.
The history of cricket clearly shows all great teams had great pacers. To deny that would be folly. Even Mcgrath was actually very quick and consistent high 80s, only in last few years did his pace drop and rely more on his supreme accuracy. Of course other bowlers of different ilks ala Zaheer are needed as well. But you simply can't understimate the impact it would have on our team if we had a seriously quick pacer (who of course was also accurate as well). This weapon would be especially be shown on flat tracks were nothing is happening and pace could get the break through. I am not even saying I want a 90mph plus bowler, just someone who will run in and bowl very high 80s day in day out. Is that to much to ask? As for our neighbours one cant deny they have had quick bowlers who have won them a hell of a lot of matches. This is despite them having pants batters and fileders. I have never indulged in the usual dissing of them for having pacers while we dont as a reason for us not having any! Why cant we have great batters like we do, great spinners like we do, great swing/seam bowlers like we do AND THE MISSING LINK QUICK, FAST HOSTILE BOWLERS, WHO BLOW TEAMS AWAY! We would really dominate world cricket if we did have this missing link!
If we get obsessed with this romatic notion of this big-built quick, running in with his mane fluttering in the air and thundering through the crease, we'll end up a bit like our friends from across the border, who cant seem to think beyond 'phaaaaast' and 'sixxxxxxxxxxx' etc. For most of them, the success of a fast bowler starts and ends with the reading on the spreed gun. It truly does not, ask Glenn Mcgrath.